Kate

“There you’re good now right Kate? Good, good – oh felgercarb! Oh no, can’t say that Mommy didn’t say that,

Funny... :lol:

Now I'm curious what the parents have to say and what Vaughn's reaction is going to be once he'll know that Kate stays with Syd for ever :angelic: :rolleyes:

Kate is :love: love her!!!!!!

PS. Double update :woot: THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :kiss:

I had a feeling that when Nadia asked for the money she would leave as soon as she could.

After the initial reaction of Jack and Irina, perhaps they still have some baby supplies (like a crib or bassinett) that they can loan to Sydney until she gets her own. After all, they are now grandparents and will also need baby supplies for when Sydney brings Kate to visit or for them to babysit (so she can go out with Michael).

Thanks for the double update.

And for all those who have not had babies, newborns aren't usually hungry right after they are born.
When I had my son, I knew I was going to breatfeed. The milk came in at about 25 hours after the birth and my son got hungry at 27 hours after the birth. Mother Nature works well that way. The baby doesn't get hungry until the food supply is ready.

Can't believe Nadia just left without even saying goodbye - you would have thought perhaps she would have learnt her lesson :thinking:

Aww Kate sounds adorable - I wonder how Michael and Syd's parents will react!

And for all those who have not had babies, newborns aren't usually hungry right after they are born.
When I had my son, I knew I was going to breatfeed. The milk came in at about 25 hours after the birth and my son got hungry at 27 hours after the birth. Mother Nature works well that way. The baby doesn't get hungry until the food supply is ready.
interesting. I didn't know that. Thanks :smiley:

OH MY GOD. :thud:

you ACTUALLY gave us TWO chapters??? OMG OMG OMG i just died. awesome!!!

these were great. and i am REALLY happy nadia didn't steal the baby. can't wait to see the parents reactions.

thanks for the updateS!!!!!

This story is so fun! I missed it.

“There you’re good now right Kate? Good, good – oh felgercarb! Oh no, can’t say that Mommy didn’t say that, (...)
:lol: shows how eager and also not ready Sydney is right now. It should be awesome to see her go through it all.
You usually just add the babies on the epilogue, this is new and cool. Can't wait to hear from the parents!

OO I can't wait to see how Jack reacts!!!!
-On one hand they should be happy that Syd took the baby from Nadia instead of someone else!!!
Poor Syd...I hope Vaughn will help her!!!
-Great update!! Loved it!!!

Sydney is going to face lots of problem, first she has to tell her parents about baby Kate and how Nadia took money from her after giving up on her parental rights. Daddy Bristow is going to love that :whistle: , as for mommy Bristow, she is going to break down, and cry :lol:
Then, Sydney will have to set up a room for the baby in her apartment, and last but not least, she will have to tell it to Vaughn. Which is what scares me the most :lol:

-*knock knock*

-"oh sydney dear, how are you sweetheart?"

-"good..good.. oh by the way, this is Kate, your granddaughter that Nadia actually gave birth too but i paid her $5000 and adopted her so now legally im her mom. how are you?"

:lol:
:blink: OMG!!! 😆 I so wonder how her parents are going to take it. I wonder how well Michael's going to handle the baby...

Great chapters. Thanks for the double update!

felgercarb nadia dashed fast!! syd is going to b the cutest mommy and the grandparent thing will b funny!!!
<3
syd

Chapter 11
It took Sydney twice as long as it should have to get to her parents house from the hospital because she was driving extra cautious. She drove a few miles under the speed limit and was constantly on the lookout for any crazy drivers who might smash into her vehicle and its precious cargo. She was also talking to Kate constantly, telling her that everything was fine and she would check on her at every stoplight. Kate was perfectly fine, though, and seemed to be enjoying her first car ride.

When Sydney arrived at her parent’s house, she parked on the street, not knowing if her father would soon be arriving home from work. Her mother only worked part-time, four days of the week (Friday was her day off), so she knew that she’d be home, but most likely her father was still at his office. She got out of her car and crawled into the back seat, carefully unlatching Kate from her car seat. Then, she picked up the bag the hospital had given her and held tightly to Kate with one arm as she skillfully shut the car door with her foot before walking up to her parent’s house and knocking on the door.

Her father answered the door a moment later (he had obviously taken the day off from work) and the smile on his face quickly molded into a look of confusion at the sight of his sheepishly smiling eldest daughter with an infant in her arms. “Irina… Sydney’s here... she has a baby…,” her father, Jack, called out before stepping aside to let Sydney in.

“She has a what?” Irina’s laughter could be heard as she walked towards the foyer. Upon seeing her daughter she froze and gasped, “Oh my…”

“Congratulations you’re grandparents!” Sydney beamed at them sounding slightly nervous. Her parents simply stared at the tiny yellow-clad bundle in her arms, not saying a word for almost a solid minute until the silence was broken by Kate gurgling.

“I… uh,” her mother began. “What?!”

“You weren’t pregnant two days ago when we saw you… were you?” her father asked in horror. Sydney shook her head. “Then how – Nadia!” he gasped when a light bulb flashed in his mind.

“Yep,” Sydney sighed.

“Where is she?” Irina asked, shifting uncomfortably at the mention of her estranged daughter.

“Gone,” Sydney said. “Kate’s mine; I adopted her from Nadia.”

“Kate?” Irina asked, tears beginning to form in her eyes as she looked down at her tiny grandchild.

“Yeah, Kate. Here,” Sydney said, stepping towards her mother. Irina held out her hands and gathered up Kate in her arms, beaming down at her immediately. “Isn’t she gorgeous?” Sydney smiled. Irina nodded wordlessly, staring down at the little angel she held.

“Sorry,” Jack began, his throat slightly scratchy. He cleared it before continuing, “I’m just a little confused. Is this why you were acting so strangely two days ago?” he asked.

Sydney nodded, averting her eyes to the floor. “I wanted to tell you guys, I did, but Nadia wouldn’t let me. She said if told then she’d disappear before she had the baby and then I couldn’t keep her…,” she let her voice drift off as she looked slowly back up at her father. Her father’s face relaxed from one of disapproval to one of almost pride at his eldest daughter’s mature and caring behavior.

Sydney sighed and walked to the couch in her parent’s house, on the way beginning to explain to them how Nadia had appeared slightly more than three weeks earlier. “… and I just couldn’t let Nadia just abandon her someplace. I mean, look at her,” Sydney said with a smile, reaching over and holding onto one of Kate’s tiny hands. “She’s perfect and I couldn’t let Nadia screw her up so I said I’d take her… and I had Will – you remember Will, right? Well, I had Will draw up adoption papers and I paid Nadia five thousand dollars to let me have her and that was it,” she said with a slight shrug.

“When was she born?” Irina asked, sliding Kate back into Sydney’s arms.

“Um,” Sydney paused to look at the nearby clock, “twenty-seven hours ago.”

Irina laughed softly. “No wonder she’s so tiny.”

“Yep,” Sydney smiled down at her. “She was seven pounds, three ounces and nineteen inches long and now she’s mine…. Oh my god, she’s mine… mine…,” Sydney said slowly, the terror beginning to creep over her. “Oh god, I have a baby – a child and I don’t know what to do with her! WHAT DID I DO?! Oh my god I don’t even have a crib or a changing table or… or…” she was interrupted by Kate letting out a piercing wail. For a moment, Sydney just stared at her before she burst into tears herself, sobbing violently.

Both her parents nearly jumped out of their seats at the sight of their sobbing daughter and granddaughter. Irina tried to comfort Sydney as Jack slid Kate from her arms and tried to comfort her. “Sydney, Sydney it’s alright; we’re going to help you,” Irina said, hugging her tightly. Sydney continued to cry, though, uncomforted by her mother’s assurance.

Meanwhile, Jack’s gentle rocking and bouncing didn’t seem to be helping quell Kate’s cries. He was almost as bewildered as Sydney had been twenty-four hours earlier in the hospital until his very rusty father-like skills kicked back in. “Sydney when was the last time you fed Kate?” he asked. All he received in response was more whimpers and confusion, though Sydney did manage to point to the bag at her feet. Jack picked it up carefully and found the bottle the hospital had given her. He then took it and Kate into the kitchen so he could warm it up.

Once Kate’s cries had disappeared, Sydney began to calm herself as well. Her mother rubbed her back soothingly and assured her that everything was going to be fine. “But I don’t have a crib or clothes for her – she only has four more onesies!” Sydney choked. “And I need so many other things… god I’m a horrible parent – but I was supposed to have three more weeks!”

“Sydney you’re not a horrible parent,” her mother assured her. “This is what we’re going to do, okay? You’re going to take Kate home and then your father and I are going to go out and get everything you don’t have, okay?”

“Okay,” she sniffed, nodding slightly.

“Good,” Irina said, kissing her daughter’s forehead. She then left Sydney’s side to relay the plans to her husband, who agreed he’d find a crib and changing table for Kate since, more than likely, Irina would do a much better job at (as well as enjoying more) the task of picking out clothes and other necessary items for Kate.

They then parted ways, promising Sydney they’d meet her and Kate at her apartment as soon as everything was purchased.

Back