Kate

stupoid AA

“I’m Michael by the way,” he told her before gently ‘shaking’ her one hand with his thumb. “And you’re Kate. I figured we might as well be introduced since, you know, I’m feeding you and all,” he said with a soft laugh.
:love: those were such cute chapters! Michael's so amazing :D

Aly..x

Awww Syd and Kate are so cute! And Michael with Kate is adorable. She seriously needs to tell him the truth though.
Great updates

those were really cute chapters

I wonder if Michael heard the 'mommy', it definitely would be an interseting conversation :P and much explaining on Syd's part

Loved the meeting between Vaughn and Kate, it made me laugh hard when he introduced himself to the baby :lol: . It was cute, he is going to end up loving her as much as Sydney if things go on like that ^_^

Chapter 17
Sydney fought the urge to call Emily and ask how Kate was fairing the entire ten minute drive to the restaurant they were eating at. Michael, sensing this, reached over and gave her hand a reassuring squeeze. “You’re doing great. On Emily’s first night away from Neil she had nearly killed Robert when he wouldn’t turn around the car after only being gone for five minutes,” he told her.

Sydney laughed softly at this. “I’m fighting that urge desperately.”

“I know,” he smiled at her.

At the restaurant, Sydney’s thoughts were distracted slightly while she was ordering, but almost the moment the waiter had left with their order, she could hold herself back no longer. She excused herself to the ladies room, but never had any intention of going. Instead, she took her cell phone to the lobby and called to check on Kate.

“How’s she doing?” Michael asked in a knowing way the moment she returned to the table.

Sydney blushed, slightly embarrassed, before saying, “She’s fine; just fell asleep.”

“Good,” Michael smiled at her. Then, he reached across the table and squeezed her hand.

During dinner, Sydney was reminded about just how much she missed spending time with Michael. She missed the way he made her laugh; she missed their conversations and, most of all, she missed his perfect smile. As dinner progressed, though, guilt began creeping up on her for lying to him about Kate for so long. She had to tell him the truth and only hoped that he wouldn’t be too angry at her when she did.

“Michael,” she began with a sigh, putting down her fork. “I need to tell you something.”

Michael looked up at her, confused by her serious tone and, even more so, worried by the fact that she had actually stopped eating half way through her chocolate cake to speak. “What is it?”

“Well,” she lowered her eyes to the table. “I… I sort of didn’t tell you the whole truth about something and I’m sorry, really, really sorry but… but honestly I didn’t want you to freak out, I was freaking out and…,” she let her voice drift off as she slowly looked up at him.

“About Kate?” he asked, his brow furrowed.

Sydney nodded slowly. “You see… my sister… she’s… she’s terrible really. She’s been arrested god knows how many times starting when she was sixteen for underage drinking and driving… and then she was arrested for marijuana and more underage drinking – and that was before she graduated high school!

“My parents didn’t know what to do with her, so they just… I don’t know they just gave up on her and… I was just so furious at her, you know? Because she was destroying them - my mother especially. My mom would cry and cry and cry every time Nadia was brought home by the police. She felt like a failure as a parent but she wasn’t. It was Nadia’s fault for just… being her.

“Anyway, after high school Nadia disappeared and I only saw her occasionally – mostly when she came begging for money. It didn’t surprise me when she showed up pregnant… it did surprise me, though, that she just wanted to get rid of the baby,” she paused and looked up to Michael, who was listening intently.

“She was just going to dump her off at the hospital Michael and I couldn’t let her… so I took her and not even twenty-four hours after Kate was born Nadia vanished. It didn’t matter though; she had already signed away her parental rights… to me.”

Sydney paused and took a deep breath before saying, “Michael I adopted Kate; she’s mine, forever. I’m not giving her up.”

Michael exhaled slowly while saying, “I know.” Sydney looked at him, utterly shocked and confused. “Okay well I didn’t know, but I figured something was up the first time I heard you call yourself ‘Mommy’ a few weeks ago.”

Sydney blushed slightly, not even realizing she had done that. “Right…,” she laughed slightly, thinking in horror how she must have confused him.

Michael reached across the table and squeezed Sydney’s hand reassuringly. “Syd, it’s okay; I’m not mad. You’re just such an amazing person to do that.”

“No I’m really not,” she shook her head. “Seriously, I’m insane! I have a baby! You need to get out while you still can.”

A broad smile crossed his face. “What if I don’t want to?”

“But I have a baby…”

“And I love babies,” he said, smiling.

“But I’m crazy…”

“I love crazy people too,” he told her, fighting to keep a straight face, but when Sydney burst out laughing, he did too. “Seriously, Syd, I’m not leaving.”

“Okay,” she said, feeling tingles all over her body from the way he was smiling at her combined with the gentle touch of his thumb brushing across the back of her hand. “Don’t say I didn’t warn you though,” she added in a playful tone. He laughed.

By the time they left the restaurant, Sydney was beyond anxious to get back to Kate after over an hour of being apart. Though, she did have to admit, being away from her wasn’t as utterly terrible as she had imagined it would be, especially since she was with Michael. As soon as she walked in to Emily’s house, she rushed over to Kate’s carrier and found her in a deep sleep. “She’s been a total angel,” Emily told Sydney quietly.

“Thank you so much for watching her,” Sydney told Emily as she gathered up Kate’s things.

“No problem at all. Any time you guys want to go on a date just let me know and I’d be happy to watch her,” Emily told them with a smile.

“Yeah or steal her,” Michael added with a slight laugh.

Emily shrugged. “Hey, I’m not going to deny it.”

Sydney laughed softly and thanked Emily again before leaving with Kate while Michael carried out Kate’s diaper bag. “Oh yeah, now she wakes up,” Sydney rolled her eyes as she watched Kate begin to stir while she was placing her in the car. “Are you waking up little girl? Hmm? Did you miss your Mommy? Because I missed you,” Sydney cooed at her while gently touching Kate’s cheek. As Sydney was doing this, Kate focused her eyes on Sydney through the dim overhead lighting in the car and, when she did, Sydney was convinced a smile spread across her face.

“Michael, oh my god look she’s smiling at me! I think she is – she’s never smiled before! Look oh my god I’m going to cry,” Sydney sniffed.

“Oh yeah look at that,” Michael said softly as he peered over Sydney’s shoulder. “She’s got an adorable little dimpled smile just like her mommy,” Michael said before kissing the top of Sydney’s head. She looked up to him with a grin and then kissed him gently.

“Thanks Michael.”

“Anytime beautiful, anytime.”

:smiley:

oh my god. he's perfect beyond words!!!! :love:

“Seriously, I’m insane! I have a baby! You need to get out while you still can.”

A broad smile crossed his face. “What if I don’t want to?”

“But I have a baby…”

“And I love babies,” he said, smiling.

“But I’m crazy…”

“I love crazy people too,” he told her, fighting to keep a straight face, but when Sydney burst out laughing, he did too. “Seriously, Syd, I’m not leaving.”
Awwwwwwwwwwww i want one!!! he's so perfect!!

Aly..x

It's good that she explained what Nadia was like and why she adopted Kate.

So, he had heard her before calling herself "Mommy" and wasn't surprised.
I hope Sydney doesn't try to push him away at any time. He loves babies and
wants to continue seeing her. He's perfect.

Sydney took one step toward being able to leave Kate to go back to work.
I hope Emily gets to babysit much more so Sydney and Michael can go out a lot.

I don't like when the thing opens up in a new window... I always have like billions of things open and then I can't find it! ...seriously. lol.

Punk Goes Acousitic.

...Some things are just bette acoustic.

My FOOT IS SO COLD! GOD! I FORGOT TO PUT ON SOCKS THIS MORNING. haha. I'm just downstairs but MY RIGHT FOOT IS FREEZING.
I SWEAR. ICICLES. GOD THAT WORD IS SO HARD TO SPELL.

Anyways, I'm done. ^_^

Yeah yeah, if he didn't figure it out ... I'd kinda think he was a little slow on that roll. *rolls around laughing* I didn't even notice! I'm excited now!

-I miss you, I miss you so. :beret: 🤠 :Pirate2:

Awww
glad she finally told him and he was ok with it
Talk about a perfect guy
Most guys would have took off running in the other direction :lol:

I thought babies can't smile for a few months after they are born and if they really "smile" is just gas??

anywya, very cute chapter. i am glad she finally told michael and he was all, "i want to be the daddy.' well, not in so many words but i'm sure that's what he portrayed. haha.

Back