Kate

Great update. It was so cute considering that everyone is beginning to come closer and closer to each other like a true family. So cute. :love: I loved the update and the high chair thing where Vaughn was like I am a man, I don't need instructions thing.

-erin :smiley:

i had another thought. there are still 13 chapters left.

nadia is gonna come back and kidnap her or something, right?

i believe you're the first person to say that in a while.... but i make no comment otherwise :zipped:

nooooo. that definitely means angst is coming. and you already have one quite angsty fic going on. no no no no angst overload. NOOOOOOOOOO.
I agree, limit the angst severely.

She is very lucky she found a job like that. I'm glad Mr. Dixon was so understanding and her parents are supportive of her decision. She should be ashamed that she didn't tell Michael what she was doing.

I was hoping that Emily would be able to keep Kate for her. Emily loves babies and I'll bet she has a feeling that Sydney and Kate will be family soon.

Putting the high chair together was funny. So typically male of him to not use the instructions.

Aww they are like one big happy family!!!!
-Vaughn is soo cute with her!!!!
And I don't mind if Nadia comes back...as long as she's changed and doesn't try to take Kate away!!!
Soo cute!!!! Love it!!

“Really? Ya think?” Michael grinned at her. “Although, people have married people thirty years younger I’m sure… somewhere.”

Sydney grimaced. “That’s sick

Ummm, my father and mother-in-law were thirty years apart in age.

It looks like Sydney now has the perfect life- perfect job, perfect child and perfect boyfriend...I'm waiting for something bad to happen.

Chris

Vaughn loves Kate as much as Sydney does so he should just move in with them, he enjoy spending time with them, so why not live in the same place so he can be with them more often? :whistle:

I agree, limit the angst severely.
well its not angst per say.......

Ummm, my father and mother-in-law were thirty years apart in age.
wow

Chapter 22
Within a week of starting her new job, Sydney found that she was ten times happier than she had been before. Spending two (sometimes two and a half) extra days with Kate had made all the difference in the world. In addition to that, she had found a new friend in Michael’s sister Emily, who seemed to love Kate just as much as Michael did (though Michael told her Emily loved any baby no matter whose it was).

For Sydney, her Monday and Friday schedules didn’t change too dramatically aside from the location where she was going to work, but all her other days did. On Tuesday and Thursday she’d get an extra precious half hour of sleep, which, though it wasn’t much, did make her feel slightly better. She’d feed Kate while checking her emails and then she’d put her in her carrier beside her while she did her work. Occasionally, she’d take fifteen minute breaks to put Kate on her tummy on the floor or play with her in some other way, but it was never long because she did have work that needed to be done.

On Wednesdays, Sydney would drop off Kate with Michael’s sister in the mornings and then go to the office for however long was necessary. Then, when she went to pick Kate up, she and Emily would always strike up a conversation, usually lasting at least twenty minutes about different things. Her favorite types of conversations at these times were when Emily would tell stories about Michael that Sydney was sure would have mortified him, however, she didn’t inform him about these talks. She simply stored away the information for later blackmail or mocking if necessary.

Only a week after her new job started, Sydney and her mother decided to try Kate on her first bit of baby food, an endeavor her father insisted on videotaping. Though the first bite seemed to be a success, it was quickly revisited as it dribbled down Kate’s chin. This pattern continued for two more bites until finally Kate swallowed some. This was met by great applause and cheers from her grandparents. Kate, finding this amusing, tried to clap her tiny little hands together, to which everyone laughed. Sydney was beyond glad that she didn’t have to miss any more milestones in her daughter’s life, especially when Kate began pointing to things that were named.

“Check it out,” Sydney said to Michael when he came over to her apartment in the first week in November. He sat down on the couch beside her and waited for Sydney’s demonstration. Sydney set Kate up in her lap and called her attention. “Kate, where’s Mommy? Where’s Mommy Kate?”

With a gummy grin, Kate pointed her tiny finger straight at Sydney. “That’s right!” Sydney praised her with a laugh. “Where’s your pa Kate?” Sydney asked, referring to Kate’s pacifier that was sitting on the couch beside them. Kate pointed to it with her right hand and again she was praised by both Sydney and Michael.

“Okay now here’s the tough one. Kate, where’s Michael?” she asked. Kate looked at her mother for a moment and then turned her head side to side as if she was searching. Finally, she caught sight of Michael and her face lit up right before she pointed at him. “That’s right!” Sydney laughed.

Michael slid closer to them as he gave a slightly overdramatic gasp. “That’s right!” Michael said, lifting Kate up from Sydney’s lap. “Oh you’re just the smartest little girl in the whole world,” he said, giving her a kiss on the shoulder. Kate laughed at the loud smacking noise he made before snuggling up to Michael’s chest. “I am very impressed,” he said to Sydney.

She shrugged slightly. “It was all her. She started pointing at stuff and I just sorta went with it,” Sydney laughed slightly.

“Well I am still very impressed,” Michael said, kissing Kate’s head. She looked up at him with her sparkling blue eyes, cooing slightly and giving him a smile that he couldn’t help but smile back at. “Hey you think her eyes are gonna stay blue?” Michael asked.

“I dunno,” Sydney shrugged slightly. “She’s only four and a half months so they might change yet, but if not it’s okay. They’re very pretty. She’s going to be a brunette though,” Sydney said, reaching over and twirling some of Kate’s wispy chocolate hair on the top of her head.

“That’s okay; brunettes are beautiful,” Michael said, smiling at Sydney. “Makes me wonder what her father looked like, you know? Because, I mean, your sister didn’t have blue eyes,” Michael said recalling the one time he had met Nadia, who had dark hair and eyes like her sister.

“Yeah, I guess… blue-eyed blonde boys were never Nadia’s type but if he had a guitar in his hand you never know,” she said with a slight laugh. “But I guess we’ll never know because if Nadia didn’t then we definitely won’t. Kinda sad…”

“No,” Michael shook his head. “She definitely got a much better mother.”

“Thanks,” Sydney said before she leaned over and kissed him. As she was doing this, Kate grabbed a fistful of her hair, causing a very painful yank when Sydney tried to pull back.

“Uh oh,” Michael said, laughing slightly as he tried to help Sydney unlatch herself from Kate. Kate, however, did not appreciate this at all and began wailing loudly. “Double uh oh,” Michael said as he passed her off to Sydney, who cradled her close and began walking her around the apartment trying to calm her.

Michael cleaned up some of Kate’s things from the couch and coffee table as Sydney did this, thinking about how adorable Kate had been when she pointed her pudgy little finger at him when Sydney asked where he was. Yet, at the same time, a part of him wished that instead of ‘Michael’ he had been called another, much more important, word.

Back