Keeping it in the family

m<o>j

Cadet
Summary: AU. S/V. Vaughns younger bother is causing trouble.
Disclaimer: Nothing to do with Alias episodes. Lauren is not evil here.

As Sydney Bristow ran across the park, she had just one issue on her mind. She ran faster the more she thought about it.

That is it. It’s time to move on. You can only pine after a manwh*re for so long. I’m moving on. I am. He wants Lauren, he can have her. I’m strong. I can get over him. No. I am over him.

Sydney continued running, looking at the tarmac park path. Just then, she crashed into something. It was a man. Tall, dark haired and Oh sh*t, covered in my extra tall latte. God, I should have been looking where I was going. What is wrong with me? I’m falling apart.

“I’m so sorry……..” Sydney began

“That’s OK, it’s just what I wanted, first thing on a Monday morning. Scalding coffee all over me…….”

The man paused. He looked Sydney up and down.

“But I would rather have you all over me……..”

OMG. Pig. Just my luck to bump into a chauvinistic jerk. But those eyes. That deep green……….

“I should get going” I said in my coldest-voice.

He grabbed my arm. “Wait”

Big mistake. Instinctively, I flip him to the floor.

He’s down. Gosh, this is embarrassing. First I bump into this man, then pour scalding liquids over him (a method of torture) then, to top it off, I physically attack him. I need an outlet.

“You‘re rough. Just how I like it…….” He said standing up.

“Are you okay ?” As much as I hated this mans attitude, I had inflicted serious pain on him.

“I‘m fine now”

“ Do you usually enjoy harassing women ?”

“Uhh, coming from the person who just flipped me to the ground!”

“Do you usually end up getting your ass kicked by a girl ?”

We looked at each other for a brief moment. What is it about him that’s so similar?

“I‘m Aaron. I‘m new in town. I‘ll see you around beautiful”

Oh no he won’t!

TBC

Please read and review

interesting. i wonder how this will turn out. i can't believe that hot!sexy!nice!vaughn has a pig headed brother!

hiya I like the look of this interesting a brother and ya aagh pigheaded is the right word.but Go Syd.first of all welcome to AA and second of all welcome to Romance fiction the humble abode of the romance writers.I'm Lili and I hope you write please can I have a PM when you update?

ok, even though aaron was a complete pig in this first chapter, i really liked the interaction u wrote with syd!...i think that you really have something goin here and can i get a pm when u update

interesting...ok yes aaron was a complete pig but i mean this could turn out ot be something very interesting. wait so is aaron vaughn's borther cuz if he is then hmmmmm this could be very interesting!! very interesting indeed. :D can i please get a pm when you update please!
hugs
~marisa~

Oooo, lotsa action! Like the sound of this! Syd sure showed him *attempts to do spy move..but trips* er..*cough* right maybe not for me but it's all good when Syd does it, all good!
Update soon and can I please get a PM

luv nattie

Chapter 2

Aaron POV

She fascinates me. I’ll see her again, and soon.

I get home, well not home, my brothers house. I have just been staying here. He’s got everything; the white picket fence, house and dog AKA Lauren. Everything for him is great. He always was the favourite. He’s perfect. He’s the best. God, how did mom convince me to move here? Every time I’m around him I feel…….suffocated, but the fact I’m the devastatingly handsome and he’s not makes me feel better. Anyway, I don’t want to count the many mistakes I've made in my life: that road’s too long. Unlike my wonderful brother Michael Vaughn.

I walk in. He’s reading the newspaper. She’s making breakfast, the picture of marital bliss. Yeah, right. I know something’s going on but I can’t put my finger on it.

He looks up and sees my T-shirt and jeans, and laughs.

“What happened to you” He has a kind of s******ing undertone to his voice. I'm sitting, hoping it's rhetorical. But he doesn't move.

“Oh, I had an……um...accident”

“Yeah, some girl saw you perving on her and got mad”

“No, she saw me and had some sort of hysterical fit because she never realised LA actually has one handsome man”

Lauren brings a plate full of fried, greasy food for Michael. She kisses him on the cheek.

“Here sweetie, hope you enjoy”

With that cooking, she needs a whole lot of hope.

“Thanks love”

I never thought of myself as the suicidal type, but this re-run of happy days makes me want to stuff my ears with cement then stab myself, so the last words I hear won’t be superficial terms of endearment.

I think Michael's noticed my obvious discontent of this family portrait.

“This is called an adult, mature, relationship”

“So you stopped sleeping with each other, and put all your energy into putting on a show for everybody in a 5 mile radius.”

Michael looks slightly uncomfortable
“What’s that supposed to mean?”

“Nothing”

I don't need this. There are places I would much rather be. I go upstairs, I need to cool off.

I really need to get an apartment soon.

Sydney POV

The next morning in the park, there he was. I really need to run someplace else. Running on the other side of the park just wasn't enough. I tried to look at him, just so that I know where he was, just so I could keep this guy on a short leash. But at the same time I was trying to avert his gaze. I desperately did not want to make eye contact. Too late, he’s coming over.

“Hi, again”

I try to act like he’s not there. Very original Sydney, very.

“So, you not talking to me?”

“I have a problem”

He looked slightly confused that I might be confiding in him. And scared that we were getting too 'deep'.

“Well, cross that bridge when you come to it”

“I would rather jump off it”

“Why, what’s the problem?”

“Three guesses” I said. Wrong thing to say to a guy like this.

"You don't have a date for tonight? You know I'm fre...."

"Uh.......No. My problem is you. You're practically stalking me."

"Oh, come on. Do you really think that highly of yourself? You know, I could do a lot better than you." I began walking "Hey, what about that date!"

I made a sound almost as though I were about to throw up.

“I have patience. You’ll soon come around ”

“Well, I have rhythm, but I don’t brag about it ” I said. It was my most perfectly cynical voice. It made me proud so I smiled to my self slightly.

I’m about to walk away but then he grabs my arm and I look deep into his eyes, those emerald eyes. OMG he’s going to kiss me.

TBC

Back