Kelly Clarkson

I saw Kelly on the Today show. She said she will never lip sync!!!! Yay!!! That's what good artists do...unlike those who lip sync on SNL.... :P

whoa! what the heck is she wearing in the BTHE video? not the wedding dress, but the other one. i also dont think that she should have went blonde.

poor kelly...she's owned by Simon Fuller, and FOX, and it's entire AI enterprise.

I can't wait for he to release Because of You, its such an awesome song.

i honestly think that Breakaway is better than SUBG, but apparently, everyone else likes Since U Been Gone cuz it's broken a Billboard record of being on the charts for 32 straight weeks. it's probably gonna be THE song of the year on the Billboards. wasn't it at #1 for like 8 weeks? it was upsetted by Blvd of Broken Dreams in the beginning and then by Hollaback Girl recently.

kelly's amazing. the only vestige of good music left.

ETA: i cant stand grammatically incorrect sentences, yet i dont like to proofread...

i love the music video for behind these hazel eyes, i think it's much more entertaining than other music videos out there by say, 50 cent of jessica simpson <_<

i love Kelly, i think very real and personable- she has an amazing voice! much better than half the "singers" out there ;)

I love since you've been gone. Her album is out in the UK next week so i have to get it. Since youve been gone looks like getting top 5 over here this week so she's starting to get more popular

Yes and the best part about Kelly is that she never felt the need to get "Dirrty" like Christina Aguilera or got married twice in one calendar year (Britney anyone?) to become succesful. In other words, she's not into unnecessary publicity.

Kelly in Concert: She's Human

As the sun fell behind the backdrop of the Greek Hearst Theatre, a group called the Graham Colton Band kicked off the concert. Trying to revive a seemingly dead crowd, they finished their act in 40 minutes. The next 20 minutes seemed to drag on and on and on. Finally, the first notes of "Walk Away" sounded and the entire crowd exploded (not literally, cuz that would suck). After complementing the design of the theatre, she sang (not in this order) "Miss Independent", "The Trouble With Love Is", "Gone", "Addicted", "Low", "I Hate Myself for Losing You", and "Behind These Hazel Eyes". As her finale, she (and everyone else in the audience) broke into "Since U Been Gone". Lights go out as she walks off the stage. The entire theatre chants "Kelly! Kelly! Kelly!". What can she do except come back on for an encore? When she comes back out, she apologizes for her voice (which cracked while singing "Trouble with Love" and very raspy throughout the entire concert). Everybody noticed how she couldn't hit any of the high notes, but applauded and praised her efforts. As a way of saying sorry, she performed "Thankful", which hasn't been performed on tour for two years. To top the night off, she bade farewell with “Breakaway”.

This is where it gets interesting. After the concert, I left and went back to my dorm room. However, I can see that there are 4 buses parked next to one another in the parking lot right outside my window and another bus parked separately by the theatre with the door turned away from view. I went out to see if I could see Kelly and one thing led to another where the event staff made all the fans stand at the corner of the street at the bottom of the hill. I thought this was ridiculous so I went back to my room. Several minutes later, I saw a van pull up and the side door opened. Guess who steps out of the shadows and gets into the van? If you guessed Kelly, you’re right. If you didn’t, then you clearly weren’t paying attention. I was like 25 feet away from Kelly! Anyway, she’s sitting in the van (with the door open so the light inside was on) for like 15 minutes. Obviously pictures were taken, but the flash went off one too many times. I think she noticed the flash and the driver moved the van further down the hill and a couple minutes later, she left.

Kelly needs to take a break. I’m worried that she’s damaging her vocal chords, because the way she sounded tonight definitely was the sign of too much stress on her voice. It was hard to get through the entire concert.

ETA: "I Hate Myself for Losing You", which Kelly said that she didnt like recording, but now that she's performing it live, hey.

you might be able to see her for yourself next year. she's kicking off her first world tour titled "Addicted World Tour". it'll take place in 2006 so stay tuned for dates and venues.

IMO I think Kelly is the only real idol. But yes, I love her music. Her second cd much moreso than the first.

Ditto! I don't own any other Idol's CDs because well...I don't like them. lol They just don't have the "IT" factor to me and I wasn't crying with any of them when they won like I did with Kelly. I think Breakaway is superior to Faithful because I listen to the album all the way through and never skip a song.

Did ya guys hear the Kelly made a JOKING comment saying that she wanted to fight Hilary Duff. But Hilary's boyfriend's brother Benji Madden of Good Charlotte took it seriously! He blasted her in his blog saying that she didn't earn her fame and success like Hilary did, as if Hilary did all on her own and Kelly didn't. Then he said that her butt was too big and that he preferred the "fit" type. The next day a Kelly fan hacked into his blog left an entry making fun of his lack of grammar skills and linked to Kelly's official site LOL A few entires later on Hilary's birthday, HE STILL wouldn't let it go and said that he planned to draw stick figures of Kelly..what a loser!

LMAO! I really hate, with an undying extremely shocking hatred, good charlotte. I shall not flame them, but I do hate them so very much it's actually painful. Anyways, Kelly has more talent in her pinkie, than Hilary's anorexic body has altogether.

As to the other American Idols, was anyone actually shocked that Fantasia was illiterate. I wasn't. And onto Ruben, where is he anyways? I don't think he's even had a hit. :blink:

When this first happened, I added it to my blog:

So, the unattractive Madden twin..which is of course Benji insulted my girl Kelly Clarkson in his blog because that is a very manly thing to do! Because we all know ballsy it is to blast someone when you're not face-to-face with them. Supposedly, Kelly dissed Hilary. Anyway, Benji said that Kelly wasn't fit and that unlike Hilary, she didn't make herself successful. A kelly clarkson fan deleted his blog entries! LOL You don't f**k with Kelly Clarkson fans!

BAD, BAD BENJI! BAD DOG! Now, I will admit that I like Hilary but let's be real, DISNEY made her a household name not herself. Her music career is just another way of her and her handlers profiting from her image. These days ALL Disney stars are required to be singers! If she weren't blond and didn't fit the non-threatening America's Sweetheart image, she wouldn't be famous. When it comes to vocal ability Kelly blows Hilary out of the water. She has range, a great tone and a powerhouse voice. Hilary's singing is much like Britney's thin and most of the time, tolerable. Speaking of thin, at least Kelly isn't skinnier than she should be. She never gave into the press unlike Hilary who admitted to dieting even though she didn't need to! Those teeth are too f**king big! Go back to being real!

And no, I was not surprised that Fantasia can't read and I'm pretty shock and pissed that she said that was raped but blamed it on herself.... :angry: Then, to me, it doesn't sound like rape. Also, it sounds as if she doesn't want to learn to read but then complains that she can't even read her daughter a bedtime story..then hire someone to teach you! lol She's able to do that with the money she's making. I just don't like her and I can't stand her voice.

Ruben...oh Ruben. He needs better management and people need to stop getting pissed Clay for getting more media attention. Is it Clay's fault that his handlers know how to guide his career better than Ruben who by the way hired his inexperienced brother?! And that he's more pop and more marketable that way? The whole incident w/ one of his (Ruben) tour buses being pulled over and having weed DID NOT help his good guy image even though he wasn't on the bus, it still happened in his name.

:clap: i agree, i used to love Hillary. When she was 5 pounds overweight I guess you'd say even though she looked fine, and with her real teeth. I dislike her veneers, they look fake and make her look like a beaver and skeleton. And I think her rapid weight loss is really unhealthy and not a good role model. It doesn't help matters that her boyfriend thinks that she looks great. If Lindsay can regain her body, I hope Hillary can. Also, I hope that the Good Charlotte boys can keep their opinions to themselves because Kelly Rocks. And if they wanna talk about not making it on their own, look at Hillary, I bet if you look on her lower back, you'd see the Disney/Mattel logo imprinted there.

Yes! Hilary was never fat! did she have baby fat, yeah but we ALL do. In the "Lizzie Maguire" movie she was a good HEALTHY size but now she's thin and she doesn't need to be. So what if people give her felgercarb, the same thing has happened to Kelly ever since she won idol. I remember reading Self w/ Kelly on the cover and there were pictures of her taken by the paparazzi. There were two taken a day within each other. In the first (day) she wore a baggy dress and the press called her the chubby, in the second one she wore a form fitting dress and they called "sexy and slim"

Now, Hilary is doing PSAs telling kids to eat healthy. She's not a good size, because she doesn't have meat on her bones. With Lindsay, she smokes which does burn calories faster and when she does out to clubs she drinks (she's admitted this) but Hilary doesn't. From what I know, she leads a healthier lifestyle but it doesn't show.

I think it's refreshing that Kelly EATS! lol And she's not ashamed about it.

Back