Kelly Clarkson

Breakaway is still in the top ten albums in Aus. When she was on Rove Live in november it was mentioned that the album had been in the top 10 for 44 weeks. I was at a CD store on wednesday and it was at number 7, therefore i figure that she has been in the aus top ten albums every week for the last year, which is brilliant.

Congratulations to Kelly for sweeping the grammys! She won two, including the very first award presented, Best Female Pop vocal and she won pop album! She beat Paul McCartney and Mariah Carey! I was shocked that she won the first one because Mariah is a favorite but Kelly had a great year! The feeling that I got while watching her was reminiscent of her "idol" win and yes, I was sort of crying along with her! As if the night couldn't get any better, she won again and I was floored because I thought it would go to Paul. Her performance of "Because of You" was amazing and she was absolutely beautiful! (y) :D I know this was a few pages back, but take that Benji Madden! :lol:

Congratulations! ;)
I'd like to see the videos. Would you know a website where I can see them? :smiley:
Her arrival...
las18802090125_400.jpg

Her performance
KellyClark_Cohen_7402394_400.jpg

and this page has video highlights from the show

Congratulations to Kelly for sweeping the grammys! She won two, including the very first award presented, Best Female Pop vocal and she won pop album! She beat Paul McCartney and Mariah Carey! I was shocked that she won the first one because Mariah is a favorite but Kelly had a great year! The feeling that I got while watching her was reminiscent of her "idol" win and yes, I was sort of crying along with her! As if the night couldn't get any better, she won again and I was floored because I thought it would go to Paul. Her performance of "Because of You" was amazing and she was absolutely beautiful! (y) :D I know this was a few pages back, but take that Benji Madden! :lol:
i wouldn't call it a "sweep" since she was only nominated for two, though winning two is really good in itself. i believe she was nominated for Best Female Pop Vocal a couple years back for Miss Independent, but lost.

i liked her performance of BoY, not so much Mariah's performance of WBT, but must applaud Madonna for her Hung Up performance. she's a 47 year-old woman who still feels secure enough to perform, in front of a live audience, and dance provocatively in a leotard.

is it normal for artists to perform "old" songs in the grammys? i would think Kelly would be promoting her new single, "Walk Away".

i totally think that Breakaway deserved Best Pop Album. Before last week, Breakaway spent the past 61 weeks (there are 52 in a year, for those who might have forgotten) in the top 20 of the Billboard Top 200 Albums (it fell to #24 last week). I believe only four other albums have surpassed the 1-year mark in the top 20 in the history of the charts.

I don't like her. Her type of music irritates me.
ok

Her arrival...
las18802090125_400.jpg

Her performance
KellyClark_Cohen_7402394_400.jpg

and this page has video highlights from the show
yes, she did look good.

Here's an article from MSN making a big deal about her acknowleding American Idol in her speeches

No ‘Idol’ praise from Kelly Clarkson
Two-time Grammy winner fails to mention show that launched her career
Reuters
Updated: 12:37 a.m. ET Feb. 9, 2006

LOS ANGELES - Kelly Clarkson beat out singers including Mariah Carey, Sheryl Crow and Paul McCartney to become the first contestant from “American Idol” to win a Grammy Wednesday, but she failed to thank the wildly popular TV talent show that made her famous.

Clarkson thanked Jesus, God, the radio, her fans and her mother when she picked up Grammys for best pop vocal album and for best female pop vocal performance, but in two speeches she omitted any mention of “American Idol,” which aired on Fox against the CBS broadcast of the 48th annual Grammy Awards for part of the night.

An overwhelmed Clarkson, who could not hold back tears during her first acceptance speech, could not believe her good fortune in winning the second.

“I don’t know what is going on but thank you Jesus and God and everyone else who supported my career,” she said in what might have been an extremely oblique reference to “American Idol.”

Clarkson picked up the Grammy for best female pop vocal performance for her hit, “Since U Been Gone,” and also performed her single “Because of You” on the telecast.

Some television analysts have speculated that one of the more intriguing competitions of the evening will be the ratings contest between the Grammys and “Idol” for the hour in which they both aired at the same time.

A CBS spokesman said Clarkson was never restricted from mentioning the rival network’s talent show, which ranks as the most watched series on U.S. television.

“She’s absolutely free to say whatever she wants up there,” he said, when asked if the singer had been requested to avoid referring to the competing program.

A few weeks ago, “American Idol” judge Simon Cowell slammed Clarkson for supposedly refusing to let the show which launched her career use her hits on the program, while a spokesman for the pop star denied there was ever a dispute over song rights.

He said then that Clarkson, by far the biggest “Idol” success story, had been happy to hear her song, “Since U Been Gone,” on “American Idol” the previous night. A contestant on the premiere of the show’s fifth season warbled Clarkson’s massive hit in the first few minutes of the program.

Cowell, speaking to a gathering of TV critics earlier that day, said Clarkson would be making a “big mistake” if she barred “Idol” from using her songs after the show catapulted her to stardom. “No matter how talented Kelly Clarkson is, she would not be in the position she’s in now without winning this show,” he said.

Here initial reaction when she first heard her name called for her first win
97924620_563c1bd275.jpg

Her acceptance speech and her crying
97924621_de28da5d8e.jpg

A picture w/ her grammys
las29702090356_400.jpg

Here she is at the Song/BMG after party
97924619_d0aca8bc5f.jpg

Interviews can be viewed here and
here

Back