Dismiss Notice
Alien Soup is a free community for fans of science-fiction, horror, & fantasy! Everybody is welcome here.

Kelly Clarkson's New Single

Discussion in 'Alias' started by SeXyALiAsCHiCa, Apr 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SeXyALiAsCHiCa

SeXyALiAsCHiCa Rocket Ranger

If you haven't heard Kelly Clarkson's new single "Miss Independent" then you're missing out on something HUGE!!! It's sooo good!! PLEASE DO NOT DISCUSS ILLEGAL DOWNLOADING or buy the single!! I think it's a PERFECT song for Syd!!

xoxo
    *kathryn

2. Sophie

Sophie in love

can you tell me who is Kelly Clarkson ?

3. Sophie

Sophie in love

i understood, she is the winner of american idol !

4. AliasALIAS

AliasALIAS Guest

I love that song and Kelly Clarkson :D

Miss Independent is more of a love song, but the phrase Miss Independent itself does fit Sydney well. :D

5. kylo4

kylo4 Rocket Ranger

I heard her sing it live on American Idol 2. It was retty good. I think a good song for Sydney would be Fighter for some reason.

6. Angel_dj

Angel_dj Rocket Ranger

I just heard the song. I thought it was pretty good.

7. Syd_Vaughn4ever

Syd_Vaughn4ever Rocket Ranger

I heard that song yesterday on the radio and thought the same thing :tvhappy:

8. Double Agent

Double Agent Rocket Ranger

Yeah Miss independent is awesome for Syd!!
    kylo4: i agree! Fighter by Christina Aguilera is good for her too. it's sorta for sloane..and her mom.. and jack in way too.. "if it wasn't for all that you tried to do i wouldn't know just how capable i am to pull through.." or "if it wasn't for all of your torture i wouldn't know how to be this way now and never back down.." and of course "makes me that much stronger, makes me work a little bit harder, makes me that much wiser, so thanks for making me a fighter. makes me learn a little bit faster, makes my skin a little bit thicker, makes me that much smarter, so thanks for making me a fighter."
    anyone else agree?

9. krisAll4Alias

krisAll4Alias Rocket Ranger

Both songs are GREAT. I think I would pick "Fighter" over "Miss Independent". I think it just captures sydney's story better.

10. Scarlet Crystal

Scarlet Crystal Bibbity Rabbity

yes! i agree. ^_^

11. Aliasgirl47

Aliasgirl47 Rocket Ranger

Miss Independent is a very cool song for Syd! I have the CD so I listen to it A LOT!

12. PsychoNinjaGrl

PsychoNinjaGrl Rocket Ranger

Wait she won American Idol? lol I don't watch it...DISCUSSION OF DOWNLOADING IS NOT ALLOWED.

13. Sydney421

Sydney421 Rocket Ranger

Yea, that definitely is a Syd song.

14. Alias_Freak

Alias_Freak Rocket Ranger

There both really good songs but Fighter would suit her better. However, I like Kelly Clarkson better the Christina Agularia (probably spelled wrong) I think Christina is a skank.

15. LightTraveller

LightTraveller Rocket Ranger

that song seems to suit syd pretty well i guess

16. NC_Shan

NC_Shan Cadet

"Miss Independent" is a catchy little tune but I don't think it applies at all to Syd. The general sentiment of the song is that "Miss Independent" was the part of herself that kept a wall up and didn't allow herself to fall in love, that "Miss Independent" was all a show (put on to protect her true, vulnerable self). I don't think it's a show for our character. What I love about the Sydney character is that she shows her emotions so openly and is strong all at the same time.

I do like the idea mentioned by other posters of "Fighter," think that hits the nail on the head for the character, even though I'm not really a Christina fan. Almost sounds like it was written for the show.

17. berry_kyoote_spy88

berry_kyoote_spy88 Rocket Ranger

thats one my favorite songs she does and syd would be the perfect miss independent she strong and very empowering shes a great role model for girls and women :P

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.