Kevin Weissman Interview

From E Online-

Sidekicks Kick It Up a Notch:

Kevin Weisman, aka Marshall on Alias: How can you not love the CIA's sweet, cute, geeky gadget guru who's given to frequent rambling asides and revelatory bits of personal info about monkey documentaries and his need for inflatable furniture when explaining the gadget of the week to Sydney (Jennifer Garner) and Co.?

"When I first read the description of the character, it was, 'A technical guy, who's late forties, balding, overweight, with a ponytail and a Mötley Crüe T-shirt," says Weisman, who's none of those things. "Then I called my agent, and he told me that JJ (Alias creator Abrams) just really liked my work and wanted to meet with me. We really hit it off, the ideas were flying back and forth--it was really collaborative."

Weisman is also a cofounder of the award-winning Buffalo Nights Theater Company in L.A. and the drummer for Tenacious D member Kyle Gass' other band, Trainwreck. ("We wear mullets, Wranglers that are just a little too tight and cover 'Footloose.' ") He has seen his role expand since his few seconds onscreen in the pilot. This season, the office-bound Marshall even got in on the danger by accompanying the gang on a mission.

"I think I'd like to go back on a mission and kick some ass," Weisman says of his alter ego's future. "And it would be fun to have Marshall play some different characters, try some aliases. He would be like, a Cuban dancer."

Or a guy wearing a mullet, maybe? "Absolutely! I already have a great-looking mullet!"

If there is such a thing. "

Marshall is the cutest character ever! If I wasn't already in love with Vaughn, Marshall would be my next guy! This is a great article.

~Me :angel2:

That would be SO MUCH FUN if Marshall got to go undercover with an alias. I can just see him dressed up in a disguise! :sideroll:

Hahaha. He's so great. i can totally see him in an awesome disguise. hopefully alias will put him in more action missions, than just sitting at the desk like tracking the person or whatever.

i LOVE marshall hes my FAVORITE! lol, as you may be able to see by my sig and av. I love it when he gets publicity cuz he doesnt have a huge part ya know? I love him though hes HALARIOUS!

Back