Sci-Fi Kick-Ass 2

Title: Kick-Ass 2
Tagline: You Can't Fight Your Destiny.
Genre: Action, Adventure, Comedy, Crime
Director: Jeff Wadlow
Cast: Christopher Mintz-Plasse, Lyndsy Fonseca, Clark Duke, Jim Carrey, Donald Faison, Robert Emms, Lindy Booth, Olga Kurkulina, Andy Nyman, John Leguizamo, Enzo Cilenti, Morris Chestnut, Yancy Butler, Claudia Lee, Nicolas Cage, Augustus Prew, Chloë Grace Moretz, Aaron Johnson, Amy Anzel
Release Date: 2013-08-16
Runtime: 113

Plot: After Kick-Ass’ insane bravery inspires a new wave of self-made masked crusaders, he joins a patrol led by the Colonel Stars and Stripes. When these amateur superheroes are hunted down by Red Mist — reborn as The Mother F%&*^r — only the blade-wielding Hit-Girl can prevent their annihilation.

tFhrRNMIuzmtjWOrtVXNSq5xFsG.jpg

Anyone else excited about this? I though the first Kick-Ass was cool as hell. Red Mist looks to be pissed off in this one, which should provide some comedic relief. Cannot wait to see what they have in store. Just wonder how much Hit-Girl has aged now. Is she legal? :P

It'll be a Netflix movie for me. From interviews I've read with the producers it sounds like they've tried to capture the feel of the first one. From watching the commercials though I'm kind of put off by Jim Carrey; not because of his stance on the movie but because it looks like he played the character as one of his over-the-top caricatures.

BTW: You're fine with the movie title... I don't think I have anything in the censor list.

I'm looking forward to seeing this sequel, having enjoyed the first movie very much. What I like about the concept is using the super hero/comic book movie template and taking it to a ridiculous, over the top level.

It's a good movie on par with the first one in my opinion. Carrey is an idiot but his character in the movie was decent enough and yes I agree it was one of his over the top caracatures...I felt even better about his appearance in the movie after his character....well I won't spoil it but it has to do with a machete.

Anyway yeah it was good and Hitgirl was just as interesting in this one as the first.

Kick-Ass 2 wasn't bad, a bit over the top with the language & deaths perhaps.

The strongest negative I can say about it is that it may have borrowed a bit too much from other super hero movies; in particular, the voice over narration, the 'with power comes responsibility' lesson that had to be learned, and the scene with Hit Girl auditioning to be a cheerleader seemed a bit inspired by a nearly identical scene from Sucker Punch that came out two years before KA2.

When it comes time for Christmas shopping one of those little wand devices that Hit Girl got from her father could come in handy. Somebody not acting civil? Zap! :D