Kids

Valentino

Scout
You have Sophia and Carl in the show and comics, and Clementine and Duck in the game. How would you handle having kids in your group? Would you teach them how to kill, try to hide the world from them - or would you have a strict no kid policy like the town in the game (Crawford)?

I guess age and maturity would be a huge factor of mine on whether I would teach children how to kill. If it was just me and my son of course I would teach him how to kill so we can watch each other's back. If i was in a large group and there were enough adults to handle the zombies that is when age and maturity would come in to play.

Considering the new world we would be living in, I would teach them to kill when they hit 13. There is no way they will have a decent childhood, but whilst there are adults about, I wouldnt expect them to help until they are a teenager.

it would vary on age. if they were mature enough I would teach them what has to be done. if very young I would protect them if I could for them to grow.

One thing is i wouldn't let them become Carl because of the most recent events in issue #104. I would make them realize what the deal is now and that they won't be treated like a child anymore and that they have responsibilities to protect and save people and i would train them how to use a weapon and defend themselves. I know it's a harsh approach but it's an effective one.

Unfortunately, I would hope that there would be no kids in my group. But I feel if I came across some, I wouldn't leave them behind. And I would teach them ASAP on how to properly kill zombies. Maturity does come into play, but I wouldn't want and Sophias in my group. Kids are better at adapting though, so I don't think it would be too hard for them to learn.

I would teach them the survival skills necessary to stay alive including how to kill. Not doing so would put them in danger.

Back