Kids

Well?

• Total voters
Strange question... but it all depends I guess...

Killing people IRL is bad (whatever age), killing people in games is OK, if they aren't kids? Is monster kids OK? Is killing the kids father (ingame) OK?

How do we know (ingame) that they aren't kids anymore?
Is it a difference if we blow up a city (ingame RTS) where we probably kill everything, or kill a kid in GTA or a FPS where we have to aim at him?

..I cant answer...

Well, it's relevant to me.
I'm curious as to how bothered most people are by that kind of thing. I have some weird tolerance where I realize I'm actually PLAYING a GAME, and that leaves me with little emotional attachment to most characters.

I hunt down most things that are innocent and helpless, when possible. In games!

Adults are people. Kids are people. I'm pro-peopledeath... In games. Yeah... :P Anyway, here's something I find odd:

Adults: Can be shot, or killed in a multitude of other ways on network television, and nobody cares. The have to be clothed, though.

Kids: Are generally not allowed to be shown killed, at least in any way more graphic than them just kind of closing their eyes. Babies are always nude in commercials, nobody cares.

Div! Fight the urge to sleep! Fill a kiddy pool with ice, step in it whenever you start to drift off! Or, st the very least, some kind of a bowl. Or, like, you know... Something.

See.. I'm watching the Star Wars Trilogy with my daughter right now and we're about to watch the one where Anikin does this in the movie. It's heavily implied etc but not graphically shown.

I've been delaying watching it on this point.

Well, it's relevant to me.
I'm curious as to how bothered most people are by that kind of thing. I have some weird tolerance where I realize I'm actually PLAYING a GAME, and that leaves me with little emotional attachment to most characters.

I hunt down most things that are innocent and helpless, when possible. In games!

Oddly enough, I generally don't seek out and kill the cute things. Or, for that matter, the helpless(but ugly) things. I just don't see anything wrong with some game kid getting ripped in half by some big monster. Why? I don't know. Lunch is lunch, I guess. *shrug*

Like a toilet!?

My boyfriend's little sister was talking to us through the bathroom window when she was like 5, and all of a sudden she disappeared. We found out soon after that her foot had slipped into the toilet.
Bajajaj

See.. I'm watching the Star Wars Trilogy with my daughter right now and we're about to watch the one where Anikin does this in the movie. It's heavily implied etc but not graphically shown.

There's a huge difference if there are kids around, but I guess it depends on the age.

My bf's little brother is 10 and he watches South Park. Probably not the best thing for him to watch, but he knows right from wrong.

or just the fact that violence(=hurt/kill=bad?) is more tolerated then sex(=love=good?) in general...

As I said, It depends on the game, i guess.

Where he slaughters the Sand People? Uh... How is that bad? That was a badass "Don't you EVER mess with my family!" moment. Though, if I were him, I'd've left a couple alive. Otherwise, the word doesn't really get out, ya know? Anyway, I wouldn't have had a problem with them showing him chasing them down, and slicing them in two... or three. :D

There's a huge difference if there are kids around, but I guess it depends on the age.

My bf's little brother is 10 and he watches South Park. Probably not the best thing for him to watch, but he knows right from wrong.

Unless the kid's an idiot, they'll be able to handle whatever you throw at them... mostly. If the kid is an idiot, though, really, they shouldn't get special treatment. They should just be told "Man, you're dumb...",(by a sibling, not a parent) and get on with it.

Unless the kid's an idiot, they'll be able to handle whatever you throw at them... mostly. If the kid is an idiot, though, really, they shouldn't get special treatment. They should just be told "Man, you're dumb...",(by a sibling, not a parent) and get on with it.

Well, some people are genetically more.. mentally fragile than others.

Well, some people are genetically more.. mentally fragile than others.

My brother's like that. As I've said, "Idiot". People that are "mentally fragile" seriously need to grow up. My mom's boyfriend's kind of like that too, actually. He was saying something about how "Blah blah blah, I killed 270+ people when I was a Marine, wah wah..." I told him "Seriously, dude, if you can't say that with a smile on your face, you had no business signing up."

It's like... I don't know. If you can't "man up"(If you'll excuse the term.) and get on with your life, maybe you don't deserve to. I mean, I know it sounds harsh, but... Seems true enough to me, at least.

Well you have to be carefull on wording that type of thing. It can have an effect on their confidence and self esteem if overdone like that over the years.

Just yesterday my neighbor was litterally standing on the roof of his house yelling unimaginable slang and swearing at his own 17-18 yr old son telling him that he'd never amount to anything. Occassional outburst like that happen over there and they're never pretty.

You can't force growing up.

Well you have to be carefull on wording that type of thing. It can have an effect on their confidence and self esteem if overdone like that over the years.

Just yesterday my neighbor was litterally standing on the roof of his house yelling unimaginable slang and swearing at his own 17-18 yr old son telling him that he'd never amount to anything. Occassional outburst like that happen over there and they're never pretty.

You can't force growing up.

Nope. That, incidentally, is why I, generally, dislike humanity. Or, at the very least, dealing with it.

Seriously, though, someone talking down to me only ever makes me try that much harder. Normally it's in my efforts to destroy/bring down/belittle/do them a general disservice, though. 'Cause, like, if someone telling you that you can't go something, actually makes you stop trying, you're kind of too spineless for my liking, anyway. *shrug* :cool:

Back