Kids

Well?

• Total voters
My characters often throw a fit with me for getting them killed after they talked me into attacking things in the first place. This is why I tend to die five times to the same thing before the lot of us finally give up.

It was jokingly tossed out there. I figured you enjoyed the sap, giggles, sneak, back stab combo as much as I to allow a bot to have all the fun.

I have been gameing for a while now and as I am sure alot of you have as well. Through My experiances I have noticed that even though there is a higher visable immaturity rate among children, I have frequently found even the aged player can be as if not more encumbersome.

However I do tend to have a ignore list half a mile long filled with children so If they were to be killed aim for the ones on my ignore list :smiley: ,and I might pay you in compinsation for my sadistic entertainment.

One of my favorite writing exercises use to be to have in interview with your characters. Write out a Q & A with them, I've always been a little koo koo, so it doesn't seem odd to me at all to speak of my characters as seperate people any more than an actor would.

My favorite Q&A I wrote with a character from the novel I atempted years ago ended with her leaping across the table and trying to kill me, didn't see that coming. If the character comes that much alive, and that much out of your hands, when they can suprise -you- their creator then you know you've created a true, living breathing hell of a realistic character.

I can see devising responses to set questions, but if it plays out in your head to the point where you're actually surprised, I... Well, I just don't get it. I don't surprise that easily. Buttons, even when it's someone that exists outside of my own head, I'd like to think I'd have some indication of their actions beforehand. Only if I had some past knowledge of their character. If I didn't, though, I don't see why I'd be interacting with them on a level more advanced than "Yeah, I'll have the sweet & sour chicken. Wait, does that come with an egg roll? Ok, thanks."

Speaking of which, I just remembered I have an unopened fortune cookie in the kitchen, and if it calls my name any harder, it'll risk permanent, irreparable damage to its airways and vocal cords. I'd better go help the little guy out... and into my stomach.

You have to be able to separate yourself from your character, that's the only way you can ever get past knowing they're just you. They won't ever seriously develop if you always remind yourself that you're making their decisions.

You have to be able to separate yourself from your character, that's the only way you can ever get past knowing they're just you. They won't ever seriously develop if you always remind yourself that you're making their decisions.

Who needs reminding? You are making the decisions. Sure, you can make them as you think someone with their mindset would make them, but you're still the one making them. I can't separate Jack Beans.

I think my lack of empathy works against my ability to RP quite a bit. At least, it seems like it might. I don't know.

A child is by defination a product of their future environment. Their possibilites are too limitless. You can't tell an adult they've screwed up, and their views about life are wrong no matter how much you try. They will try and try and try to kill you forever. Children don't know if they're right or not, they are still moldable.

Killing mob children is a big fat no in my book.

Killing a pissed off dragon toddler? That may be a different story. Depends on how much they've destroyed so far. Depends on how hungry it is when it looks at me.

I feel bad enough killing Kobolds ><

I feel bad enough killing Kobolds ><

Kobolds are adorable no matter if they're dog versions, or part lizard versions..

I know that in Vanguard, I found the little whelping dragons to be too cute to kill. I just made them chase after me forever, running over the ground, trying to look so mini-fierce..

I say if they are sadistic, snot nosed, whiny evil little devils then yes, it is okay to beat the snot out of them in a video game.

Kids make good chopping blocks for martial arts classes & landing platforms for stunt vehicles. Err umm... didn't mean that to be out loud...

<runs and hides far far away>

Lol Jaraeth.

I don't go out of my way to kill cute fairies on games. I just kill everything, thats my kind nature :smiley:

GENERALLY, kids are more of the get-on-nerve type on games though.

I'm both appauled and intrigued. This is a game for mature audiences right? It has to be, I saw blood in the E3 videos years ago. Ok then. Kill them. Kill them all. At least folks who might otherwise kill them in the real world will have a way to out this sadistic urge before little Timmy gets a spear in his throat.

Back