Killing me softly

ashqua

Cadet
Killing me softly

Summary : Sydney has some problems....

A/N : Okay this is my second fic, sorry if there's mistakes but i'm fluent in french.

Chapter One

They were called for a briefing in the middle of the night, they had to go on a mission for a couple of days or so, and it was only her and Vaughn. In the plane she had succeeded in avoiding to have to talk to him by listing to music or faking sleeping, but unfortunately during their mission they had to pretend to be newlyweds on their honeymoon which meant they had to share the same room if they didn't want to blow their cover. The thing was that this was going to be hell for her.

"You can have the bed ,I'll sleep on the couch." she told him before he could argue ,she had already left the room and went to the balcony, where she stayed for almost half an hour. When she walked back into the room, she found him lying on the bed, thinking he was sleeping, so she didn't really pay attention to him and went directly to take her pain killers and her sleeping pills, but what she didn't know was that Vaughn was awake and looking at her. He didn't react when he saw her taking them, it's only when she took them with a bourbon.

"You shouldn't do that, it's not a good thing to mix pills and alcohol."

"Go back to sleep." she told him without looking at him as she finished her glass.

"I'm serious, it's not good for your health and it can be dangerous."

"Why do you even care? It's my problem, plus it's not your job anymore to look after me. And it never was." she added for herself as she poured another glass but Vaughn who was now up took the bottle away from her.

"Maybe that's what you think but I don't want a partner with a hangover."

"Don't worry, after that mission you will have another partner so give me that damnit bottle." she said almost shouting, as she began to be angry.

But he didn't, so she took her purse and returned to the balcony to smoking.

"What the hell are you doing?" he asked her as he followed her.

"Are you ever going to leave me alone?"

"I asked you a question so answer."

"Then go to hell is my answer, it's not your business, remember you and I are only colleagues, nothing more."

"And it's for that reason that you are drinking and taking pills or even smoking?"

She didn't answer, she remained silent, looking at the view they had from where they were and playing with her cigarette.

"Damnit Sydney, say something, or even yell if you want but at least answer me." Once again that didn't work, she just stood there looking at the lights of the city while Vaughn was watching her. Suddenly her cell began to ring, she took it and smiled when she saw the ID. It was Weiss.

"Hey... I'm fine... No I'm not smoking, I swear... at the moment I'm on the balcony trying to decide if I should jump and if I did will I get killed or injured... No I'm only joking, I'm not planning on dying, at least not for the moment... Yeah I know, listen I'm really tired so I'm going to bed if you don't mind... Okay call you in the morning... Me too, bye." She hung up and threw her phone next to her purse. She continued to look at the city as she finished her cigarette, with Vaughn standing a few feets away from her, not ready to give up so easily.

"Sydney please say something."

"Go to sleep and leave me alone. I don't need or want your pity."

"It's not pity, it's just that I'm worried for a friend."

"We are not friends, I think that we never were."

"How can you say that after all..."

"I can say it like that and there was nothing, so leave me alone." she said as she passed in front of him. Vaughn was going to grab her arm but changed his mind and let her go.

The next morning he woke up at seven, and was surprised to see that Syd was already up but wasn't in the room, so he took the advantage of her abscence to look at the pills she had taken yesterday, when he read the prescription he turned red and stormed out of the room.

"Sydney did you read what's written on this bottle?"

"Morning to you too, yes I'm fine and you..."

"I don't have time for your little game, tell me."

"Yeah, and I don't care, like you should."

"But that's not the case, it says that you shouldn't mix different pills or drink them with alcohol, even more smoking. Are you aware that you are ..."

"You what? Leave me alone, I didn't say that you could look at what my handbag contains. Don't ever do that, is it clear?"

"No."

"God, if you don't understand, then I'm going to repeat, leave me, alone and don't try to interfer in my business anymore."

"No, I'm not going to do it, and you know why? Because when you take them it's like taking drugs. What are you thinking?"

"Nothing, it's the thing, when I take them I have nothing on my mind and I think nothing, and certainly not of how screwed up my life is but also how much I hate you and despise you." She said letting him speechless, when she saw that he wasn't going to answer, she walked into the room and took two others pills, but apparently luck wasn't on her side because he followed her and threw them on the floor. Instead of yelling at him she went in the bathroom where she had another tube, she heard him trying to open the door, but it was locked.

"Sydney open that door." he said angry.

"Go to hell." she answer as angry as he was.

"I'm not going anywhere until you open this damnit door."

After rinsing her face with some water, she walked out of the bathroom but also from the room, without talking or looking at Vaughn she took her jacket and left the room, leaving Vaughn alone. He sat on the couch looking at the tubes and the bottle of alcohol for an hour, it's in that position that Sydney found him when she came back. She was more relaxed then she was earlier, but when she saw him she sighed and talked.

"Ho god, I thought it was a bad dream, but apparently it wasn't."

"Depends for who? Are you ready to have a conversation or are you under the effects of all the stuff you took?"

"I don't need you to lecture me, I've enough with Weiss. And remember the first rule of a spy, never get involved with another agent, that's what I'm trying to do, if you haven't noticed it, contrary to you. So now I need to sleep a little before the mission, it will be bad to have another star on the wall or to bury me again."

"You are begining to be cynical."

"I'm not begining, I'm already. So now shut up or leave me alone, it's up to you. If you could do the two things it will be heaven but I wouldn't dare to dream of such a thing, so do either one at least, I have to rest before the mission."

She didn't wait for his answer and moved to the bedroom, that normally Vaughn occupied. He looked at her then he sat, he has do something before it's too late.

TBC...

Please tell me what u think and if I should continue.

Brilliant... poor syd... I really hope that vaughn can help her...

thanks for the PM and please PM me again when you update... can't wait for more!!

I like it :smiley: More soon! I've seen this on Sd-1 ... (right? :thinking: ) pm me when you update!
--Mandy :angelic:

this is really good! damn syd needs some serious help! i hate seeing her like this!! hope you have more soon!

Thanks for the wonderful messages, I love you guys, please continue. And don't hate for what's going to happen to Syd in the next chapters, don't worry too much ;) .

Chapter two

Fortunatly the mission took place without any problems, when they arrived in LA, Vaughn directly went to see Dixon.

“Director Dixon I'd like to talk to you in private."

"Yes, give me two minutes." He finished with the agent before heading towards his office, followed by Vaughn.

"So, what do you want to tell me?"

"I'm here to talk to you about one of our friends who’s in troubles..."

"Let me guess, this person is Sydney, am I right? If you also want to change , there's no need to ask she already did."

"Ask for what?"

"A new partner, and I'm going to give you the same answer I gave her, I know that you two have some.... some problems, but I can't do that .You
are a great team so it'll remain like that."

"She did that, I can't believe it, but that's not why I'm here."

"Then why?" he asked.

"Sydney is smoking..."

"Yes but I don't see what the problem is ,a lot of people ..."

"Let me finish , yes she smokes, but it's not only that." he paused and looked at his hand before looking at Dixon. "She's taking pain killers and sleeping pills with alcohol."

"No, not Sydney you must be confusing her with someone else, she's not the type of woman to do that."

"Dixon I know it's hard to believe but it's the case I saw her, just like I see you. You, we have to do something because if we don't..."

“No, Sydney is strong she will never do something like that....”

“Dixon, I know that it’s unbelievable but it’s the case, I don’t know what to do, she needs someone who can help her, and it’s not me.”

“Yeah, well, I’m going to call her and ask her to come in.”

“Thank you.”

“There’s no need, if that’s true then I’m going to take care of it.”

Vaughn nodded and walked out feeling like burden had been taken from his shoulder, he headed towards his desk and started to work.

Half an hour later he saw Sydney walking to Dixon’s office.

In the office

“Dixon, you called for what?” she asked him tired.

“I’ve heard something and I wanted to talk to you about it.”

“And it couldn’t wait, because I’m really tired.”

“No, I’m going to ask you only one question and I want to hear the truth, okay?”

“Yeah what is it?”

“Are you taking something?”

“What do you mean?”

“Do you take pills?”

“....”

“Do you?”

“Yes pain killers and sleeping pills.”

“do you have a prescription for them?”

“Of course, I may have lost two years of my life but I still have my intelligence, so you have nothing more to say, I’m going to go home.”

“Yes, just one last question.”

“What? Listen Dixon I don’t really understand what you want to hear me say so tell it frankly okay?”

“Do you take pills with alcohol?”

“Yes and where’s the problem Because for me there’s none, the one who has a problem with it has to tell me, so next time Vaughn wants to

complain about me tell him to come to see me first.”

“Understood.”

“So if we are finished here, I’d like to go home.”

“Yes.” He said as she closed the door, she went to find Vaughn who was still working.

“You, how do you dare to go and talk to Dixon about me?”

“sydney, it’s just that I’m worried for you.”

“Well there’s no need to, stop playing the good friend because we are not, and if I’m right I’ve already told you that.”

“Maybe but we are still coworkers, and I don’t want to die because your are not at your best.”

“Well, I’m doing a good job so everything is perfect, if you don’t trust me it’s not my problem you just have to stop working with me, which would be a good thing because you won’t disturb me anymore.” She didn’t let him answer and walked out of the JTF.

TBC...

good....I like your story....so angsty! But honestly it's just the reaction I have had If I was Syd! I don't know if it's a good thing! ^_^

Please may you pm me when you update?
Thanx!

Great chapter- hopefully Dixon will do something, or Vaughn will. Syd's really going downhill- someone's got to stop her soon! Thanks for the pm and update soon!

Em

Back