Fantasy King Kong (2005 by Peter Jackson)

I actually thought that the fact that they slowed the scene down is what made it so much sadder. I know I was crying, as well as a large part of the rest of the audience. Because as soon as Kong finally slips you hear so many teary gasps (you know what I mean?).

Yea. I wasn't at all dissapointed in it actually ^_^ But to each their own :smiley:

I would give the movie like 5 stars. I swear. I didn't find anything that I would change with it, but again. That's just my opinion *shrug*

This is a discussion thread, so I love to hear everyone's opinion! I'm just being critical, as an actress and stuff. ^_^

I think I'll put in star rating... thanks for the idea, guys. :D

But anyway, that's why I really didn't like the scenes w/ Jimmy and Hayes. Because they were so forced. Every single line was delivered in a yucky way. Not very good acting.

Persoanlly, I think the movie was great. I thought it would be mindless action with too many CG stuff, but I was wrong. It was pure Jackson style. Yes, there was a lot of computer stuff but it was done very well (best FX I've seen this year). It had the action, but also romance and it was a tear-jerker.

I love Jack Black, so I might not be the right person to say this, but I think he was great and fit for the role. The Jimmy/Hayes plot line might not be the best one, I agree. But the movie has three hours worth of other plot lines and relationships so I didn't mind them that much. Personally, I loved the guy who played Baxter (the star of the movie they were making there). He was very fond of him self and very funny doing so.

I hate spiders, and any other living things without bones for that matter, just like Peter, so I wasn't at ease during the bug scene. But that doesn't mean I didn't like it. When the audience says "Ugh, that's disgusting" it doesn't necessarily mean the scene is bad. That was what it was meant to be. Disgusting and gory.

When kong was "skating" on that ice, I was also thinking that's gotta be one hell of an ice berg. But it was a nice scene, almost sad knowing how their relationship will end.

As for the end, when they were looking at each other for five minutes before Kong fell, maybe that was a bit too long, but I wouldn't mind that much if it weren't for two girls sitting next to me and making rather silly remarks about Kong's nose...

my rating is 4.5 out of 5, but since I've seen it only two days ago, I'm still excited about it so maybe 4 will be more accurate.

I hate spiders, and any other living things without bones for that matter, just like Peter, so I wasn't at ease during the bug scene. But that doesn't mean I didn't like it. When the audience says "Ugh, that's disgusting" it doesn't necessarily mean the scene is bad. That was what it was meant to be. Disgusting and gory.

When kong was "skating" on that ice, I was also thinking that's gotta be one hell of an ice berg. But it was a nice scene, almost sad knowing how their relationship will end.

I wasn't crazy about the giant creepy crawlers either when I saw the movie on Monday - particularly the scene where Andy Serkis' other character in the film, Lumpy the cook, met a gruesome end by getting devoured alive by those giant leeches :puke: - thankfully, Denham, Driscoll and Jimmy got saved by the other crew before they also ended up as bug hors d'oeuvres.

As for the skating scene in Central Park, that was perhaps the most light-hearted of the Kong/Ann moments - at least until they got rudely interrupted by the Army's thoughtless actions (the cannon fire, not giving any thought that Kong would have had anyone human with him).

Think it was a rather a so so movie. The old one is still the best one out there...i think remakes rips off the quality of the original movie.