Announcements King Kovifor Joins Our Staff!

Kevin

Code Monkey
Staff member
I'm happy to announce that King Kovifor has joined our staff! :cool:

Starting today King Kovifor is our new moderator of the Science Fiction & Fantasy Books forum. King Kovifor is new member of the Cool SciFi community but you may know him from other sites such as Then and Now where he did a fantastic job with their books forum. He loves to read all kinds of books and likes to have a good conversation about them; perfect for Cool SciFi!

Please give him a warm welcome as the newest member of both our community & staff!

Well I hope I can keep ya busy, Haven't had time to watch TV let alone read any books lately. I hope e-books count because I've been watching Baen free library. It's Good ta have new blood and I hope ya like this place as much as I.

Skwirlinator, e-books definitely count! In this day and age I'm actually surprised that more 'net users aren't reading e-books. Now, mind you, I prefer real books for some reading (eg: All of my Stephen King novels I pick up on hard-back) but for some quick entertainment I'm finding myself browsing online works more & more.

Ya Kant beat the smell of the pages late at night, I could pass on the arm cramps tho-Arthritis sets in and wham

i cant sit on the loo with my main desktop pc sat on my lap reading, and we all know blokes need something to read in there :smiley:

paper has that quality about it -havn't found a laptop that i can shove in my pocket. maybe its the convenience factor though surfing for new ezines books and finding the goodies...nothing like it especially when i should be working.

hey destructo - go for LAN in yer facilities??????

For reading in the loo/bathroom, that's what the free subscriptions to Maxim & Stuff are for. ;)

But, yeah, I agree with you guys about the experience of reading a real book versus online is different. It's why for any serious reading I'll pick up a hard-copy but for some short novels or tech' manuals I'll read them in soft-copy.

Back