Fantasy Kong: Skull Island (2017)

Tom

An Old Friend
king-style-ft-400x242.png

Action, Adventure, Fantasy | 10 March 2017 (USA)
Kong: Skull Island (2017) - IMDb

Director:
Jordan Vogt-Roberts
Writers:
Max Borenstein (screenplay), Derek Connolly (screenplay)
Stars:
Brie Larson, Tom Hiddleston, Toby Kebbell

Rumors abound on this production.
In October 2015, Legendary announced plans to unite Godzilla and King Kong in a film titled Godzilla vs. Kong, set for a 2020 release date. Legendary plans to create a shared cinematic franchise "centered around Monarch" and that "brings together Godzilla and Legendary’s King Kong in an ecosystem of other giant super-species, both classic and new". While Legendary will maintain its home at Universal Pictures, it will continue to collaborate with Warner Bros. for the franchise.

There is talk about up-scaling Kong to Godzilla proportions. Personally, I could care less for a Godzilla King Kong battle. I am looking forward to more dinosaurs. More action and mysteries revealed.

Mrs. Kevin & I are going to see this one today! Going to the local Movie Tavern for dinner & movie. :jiggy:

Speaking of Kong & Godzilla, that is supposedly the Kong sequel in the works. Godzilla: King of Monsters is slated for 2019 as a sequel to Godzilla (the US 2014 movie, not Shin Godzilla!) while Godzilla vs. Kong is slated for 2020 as a sequel to Kong: Skull Island.

The same producers who did Godzilla are behind Kong. The reason for doing Kong as a reboot (and ignoring the recent 2005 version) is to put the two movie franchises in the same universe, at least outside of Japan, so that they could be ultimately combined.

I'm not sure if Kong would've been my first choice of going to the movies but it caught the attention of Mrs. Kevin and she asked if we could go see it this weekend.

Below is the final full trailer for Kong.

Last edited:
I found a Russian CAM copy online and scanned it a bit. Couldn't understand anything they said but I saw Monarch, and Kong is much, much bigger. The Godzilla/Kong crossover is going to happen. I'm wondering what other crossovers will manifest in this universe? Would be cool to see an updated version of Reptillicus or the Gargantua Brothers entering the fray. How about Gamera or Legion? Kinda like The Avengers of Giant Monsters (teeheehee). I wonder if Sam Jackson is up to being a leader in yet another film series? Will they devise a opponent organization for Monarch? Like the JOES against COBRA?

In the past Kong was small compared to Godzilla. As it was, there would be no challenge for Godzilla, he would just step on Kong. With a bigger Kong, Godzilla will have his hands full.

I scarfed a TS copy of it from the web and started watching it. Its in english but framed poorly and kinda tinny and blurry. Stopped watching to not spoil too much. Waiting for a better copy to come along.
From what I have seen (roughly 1/3) the encounters with the island creatures do not have the duration of Jackson's version. Some unique designs tho.
Still wondering what Kevin has to say about it?

Kong and Godzilla in the same NEW movie .. wow.. can't wait to see it !!! I saw Kong, It was a very good movie. Here's some interesting stuff you didn't know about Kong. Tell me what you think. :smiley: