L.A. Connaissance

She didn't relise it was the same Vaughn, not very syd like but when shes thinking about Vaughn shes probally off in some other world!
~ASH~

yeah... i am DEFINITELY not claiming that the characters in this fic are in character... because they aren't.

at all.

:blush:

L.A. Connaissance

~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:

Title: L.A. Connaissance

Author: Jennifer a.k.a. “Jenn”

Rating: PG-13

Disclaimer: I wish I owned Michael Vartan but alas it is not to be… at least not in my dreams. When it IS my dreams… he’s usually waiting for me… completely salivating for me of course.

Summary: I wanted to get away from the dramatic Post “The Telling” storylines (despite the fact that I wrote one of those…) and write some light, romantic, AU, and hopefully slightly humorous.

For all the drama-ridden S/V lovers out there. This is for you as well as therapy for me.

~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~::~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:

3. Float some Boats

Okay, you want the rundown? Here it is. I'm standing in the front office-circle-thing with my mouth open in shock because I've just realized that Mr. Perfect, my Mr. Perfect... so don't you get any ideas, is a CIA agent. I think.

When this kind of thing happens, you have to wonder how many slkhjsvbldijubf (this means “anonymous”) Vaughns cashed in checks yesterday at Credit Dauphine. Interesting question isn't it? It's like when you ask yourself, "Hm, I wonder how many people are eating oranges with forks right now." Oh. No one? Just me then, huh? Well, at least I'm not Amelie (in the movie: Amelie)... because she liked to ask herself questions too. Only they weren't 'how many forks into oranges" questions...they were more like "Hmm... I wonder how many people are having orgasms right now." That kind of thing.

"Yes. Yes it is. This is Michael Vaughn isn't it?"

Please let it be Michael Vaughn.

"Yes it is. Is there something wrong with the account?"

Biting lip, frantically racking brain as to what to do next. "I'm sorry but I'm really not comfortable doing this over the phone. Are you terribly busy right now?"

"Is this Sydney?"

Hmmm. Option to flirt. Option to be professional.

(Miniature Sydney pops up on my shoulder and holds up two hands showing the options. She moves them up and down inversely to each other and then rolls her eyes and looks at me as if to ask if I'm stupid.) Hmmm. Interesting. She seems to think that being stupid is passing up an oppotunity to... squeeze some lemons and not, you know, helping to preserve the safety of the whole country.

Nope it's all about me. That's so bad. Little Sydney, you should be ASHAMED of yourself. But no use trying to stop destiny right?

"Would it make a difference if I was Sydney?"

I can hear his grin through the phone line. "Perhaps."

I have to smile at this because never in a million years would I have dreamed, well okay I did dream but nevertheless, that I would actually be on the phone talking to MR. PERFECT. And he's flirting with me. I mean, yes, it's not the kind of outrageous flirting where you're spitting cherries into one another's mouths and everyone in the whole room already knows that you two will end up together someway somehow by the end of the week (if not the hour), but bantering over a CIA phone isn't a bad start.

Which shows once again why Sydney Anne Bristow is so, so alone. Was so so alone. Does this still count as alone?

"Well, then I'm sorry Mr. Vaughn. This is Valerie from Accounting and I actually just have a few questions for you." Mini-Syd is grinning wickedly at me and I'm still trying to think about whether I should continue to let him think that I'm Valerie so that I can go and do my job or if I should give him a break and make him the happiest (and luckiest) man in the world by agreeing that yes, I am Sydney, the woman of his wildest dreams and imagination. Ready to squeeze –er- float some boats and to finally make real some very very tumble-down thoughts.

"Is this really?" He doesn't believe me. At first I'm a little miffed because he should at least pretend to believe me because I might not be Valerie but I could be Valerie from Accounting and that's the thing he's missing.

But then again, that just means he's right. Good job super spy, master of all language and disguise. Score: -1 for Bristow. I decide to make him make it up to me later and just let him off the hook now. You know, because I'm so magnanimous and stuff. "Actually, it is Sydney. Do you have time to talk about your account right now? I realize that you're busy bu-"

"-NO! I mean... no. I'm not busy right now. If you ask Nathalie where my office is, I'm sure she'll be glad to hel- well, at least try to help."

"Nathalie?"

"Umm... the slightly confused blonde secretary that repeated everything I said so that you could hear every word."

"Got it. She's found her perfect career hasn't she?"

"And who says that the CIA is incompetent?"

I grin. I realize now that I wasn't in love with Michael before. I was just... you know, absolutely sex-crazed about him to put it bluntly. I never thought about what his personality would be like because I just took the 10 seconds worth about personality that I saw and shaped it into the guy. The thing is I actually like him. He's great. So screw the job for an hour. I can still get the files. Just... after a little "me" time. Looks AND personality... GGGooooollyyyyy. Some men you know for years and they only have 10 seconds worth of personality.

Like Rob from Accounting. I mean, he's nice and all but not much of a talker... Or an anything-er. He just sits... and accounts. Poor Marcy. I don't think he's a very good lover... But he does make great Chicken Noodle. He brought me some once for my birthday, sans the condom of course, and it was superb. But I shouldn't be too mean to the guy right? I mean, for all I know, he could be a fantastic lover. Maybe... maybe he makes Marcy make sounds no woman has made before or something.

So good luck to the both of them.

I digress.

Back to me.

"Okay, I'll do that."

"See you in a bit."

Nathalie-the-blonde-secretary lifts her eyebrows in a secret smile that's supposed to bond us in the secret sisterhood of all women. Meaning she thinks Michael and I are screwing around and she has seen his glorious physique and is jealous (because she does have eyes you know... despite the lack of sense) and so instead wants to live the whole glorious ordeal vicariously through me.

Well I have one thing to say to her. Moohaha. I got him and you didn’t so nah-ni-nah-ni-nah-nah. I clear my throat. “Can you please direct me to Agent Vaughn’s office please?”

She looks down hurriedly. “Yes. Yes I can. I have it right here, I promise.” She shuffles through the papers on her desk. “Okay, okay, I don’t see them but I know where his office is.” She shuts her eyes tightly in very deep concentration and little wrinkles appear around her eyes and she tries to think. “Okay, you go down and then to your left, no to your right and then 3-no 4 wait- that’s Kemble’s office. 5, 6,…7. Yes. 7 doors on the right side of the left corridor.” She beams.

“Thanks.”

She’s thinking that she did a good job and is now patting herself on the back.

I’m thinking that I dressed too conservative today and that if my neckline was 5 inches lower, I wouldn’t be complaining.

TBC…

Nathalie: I hope you weren’t offended at how I wrote the secretary, I named her after you because you told me too but I’m not sure if you minded or not. She’s a little ditzy you know. I’ll change it if you hate it.

Kat: Just for you.

Leave me some feedback~ (is it losing its touch… a person can only be so funny in the midst of finals. DIE GERMAN DIE!!! And French. And Western Civ. GAH.)

~Jenn

i like how they're meeting in a different way..its just cool.i can't wait to see what happens,keep up the great work (y)

-please PM me when the next chatper is up :smiley:

Funny stuff! Sydney's thots are so cool and realistic! Especially of the secretary!
I love this fic--u write everything good specially comedy fics!
Thx for the pm--- im luv'n it!
Update soon PLEASE!
Becki

--get sum vaughn and syd luvin goin on--

OMG!!!!!!!!! I sooooooooo want a PM for this!!!!! I love it!!!!!!! hahahaha I need the comedic relief of s/v right now!!!! hahahaha I love little Syd! this is hilarious 2 thumbs up and 25 stars!

L.A. Connaissance

~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:

Title: L.A. Connaissance

Author: Jennifer a.k.a. “Jenn”

Rating: PG-13

Disclaimer: I wish I owned Michael Vartan but alas it is not to be… at least not in my dreams. When it IS my dreams… he’s usually waiting for me… completely salivating for me of course.

Summary: I wanted to get away from the dramatic Post “The Telling” storylines (despite the fact that I wrote one of those…) and write some light, romantic, AU, and hopefully slightly humorous.

For all the drama-ridden S/V lovers out there. This is for you as well as therapy for me.

~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~::~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:

4. WE WANT CLEAVAGE

Okay, so it takes like a million hours to find the stupid door and by the time I find it, I’m almost angry. I almost don’t even want to have sex with Michael Vaughn anymore.

Almost.

So I knock in a way that I hope is at least slightly feminine… you know, one of those “tap tap tap”s instead of the actual “KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK”s and then I wait.

And as soon as he says “Come in, I’m ready for you”, I think I’m going to melt. He has a great voice… I knew he did already but that sentence confirms it. And his choice of words? What the hell was that? What can I say? Please tell me that that was weird for you too.

So I bite my lip and take one last mean look at my neckline before opening the door.

My neckline is bothering me.

It’s been bothering me ever since I left the circular-office type thing… it’s right under my collar bone and it’s rather frustrating to be so… so clothed. Especially in front of this kind of company. Shrink. Shrink damn it! Come on neckline, you can do it, stretch, stretch… come on!!! Just a little cleavage! I’m not asking for much! Little Sydney reappears on my shoulder and joins my mind in her chants. Low-er neck-lines! We want cleavage! We want cleavage!

I don’t know how long I was just standing in the doorway staring at my chest before he cleared his throat in this really uncomfortable sounding way and said “Umm… you wanted to ask me about something?”

I sort of… jump… or flinch. And that bothers me because I think I’m supposed to be this great… stone wall… type thing/person/spy machine! But no. The exclamation point really wasn’t needed was it? That’s Marcy’s fault. She started going to therapy a couple weeks ago and her therapist said that she wasn’t excited enough about life.

I don’t know how excited you can be about life when you’re dating Rob from Accounting. Well… I mean if you’re dating the Rob that I mentioned earlier who has a completely different –come-hither-and-let-me-ravage-you-and-let’s-see-how-many-different-sounds-you-can-make attitude, then that’s cool but I seriously doubt that that’s the case.

Now that I think about it, she started seeing the therapist right about the time she accepted Rob’s invitation to go see the chicken farm. Hmm… what does this tell you? It’s times like these that you have to ask yourself, “Is Rob worth the Chicken Noodle?”

Whoa… that was a huge digression. Anyway, the original point was that Marcy is supposed to use at least 15 exclamation points a day to spruce up her life. And it’s catching I guess.

Ahem.

“Yes I did. Thank you for agreeing to see me.”

I smile my best ‘I’m-really-not-as-stupid-as-I-seem-but-if-I-am-…-don’t-you-think-I- have-a-great-smile?- smile. And it so works. These, my friend, are some good pearly-whites. There was a guy at the supermarket once who asked me if I worked for the toothpaste agency. You know, as a tooth model.

Okay, not really but it could have happened.

And he smiles back. YES! Crest conquers the world once again.

“That’s no problem, I didn’t have that much work to do anyway.” I watch him as he nonchalantly tries to move a 15-inch pile of paper from in front of him. “So… is there something wrong with the account?”

I rack my brain for a reason and to distract him from the fact that I have suddenly gone mute, I look around and then look at him pointedly, sending him a subliminal message. Be a gentleman. Chivalry, chivalry, huh huh HUH!

“Oh, I’m sorry. Please sit down.”

“Thanks.” I flash another grin and sit down, crossing my legs and willing my neckline to lower. Yeah… so I’m not as sophisticated and classy as I seem on the exteri-HAHAHAHA. Oh man. I couldn’t even get through that one sentence in my head without cracking up. I’m just a kid… spydom chose me.

And then the moment happens.

I’m not talking about the moment where we gaze deeply into each other’s eyes and manage to uncover the depths of the other’s soul and realize that we are kindred spirits and that we will love each other for all eternity.

More like the moment we look across the table at each other and try to figure out stuff to say while looking like we’re having fun just staying silent. This is uncomfortable. And I’m supposed to have a reason for being here too. Unacceptable Sydney! Unacceptable.

Little Sydney slumps over and mopes, wishing that she could’ve given me the better advice so that I could be out of here with the files by now.

“The thing is-“ I opt for the half truth. “The thing is, that there really isn’t anything wrong with your account.”

His eyebrows raise and then he starts to grin but checks himself. “Really? Then what are you here for?”

I look at him, resisting the desire to roll my eyes. “You’re seriously not asking me that question.”

He smiles in earnest now. “Why not?”

“Because you know perfectly well by now that I think that you’re attractive and I came all this way to talk to you and I had to pretend to understand that secretary’s directions and then pretend and lie about some malfunctioning account… and you’re still being egotistical enough to ask me what I’m doing here.”

“Oh.”

Haha… he’s defeated. His lemons are squeezed now. Kinda.

TBC…

OH MY GOD PEOPLE~!!!

I think I’ve forgotten how to be funny! I’ve used up all my funny! OH NO!!! This is bad. Really bad. I’ve used my lifetime supply of funny and now this story is going to be boring/already is.

Uh-oh.

HELP!!!

~Jenn

i love the way Syd talks to herself...its sooooo funny!!!i can't wait to see what happens.that was a great chapter, keep up the greatwork (y)

-please PM me when the next chapter :smiley:

This story could never get un-funny or borin!
Its totally awesome! Everything you write is excellent!
Please update soon! Please...! LOL!
And thx a lot for the PM!
The little shoulder Sydney is so cute! I can't believe Syd's upfront w/ him by telling Vaughn that she 'found him attractive!' --Im lovin it!!
-BeKa-

Back