Sci-Fi La Brea (2021)

Kevin

Code Monkey
Staff member
Title: La Brea

Genre: Drama, Sci-Fi & Fantasy, Action & Adventure

First aired: 2021-09-28

Creator: David Appelbaum

Cast: Natalie Zea, Eoin Macken, Jack Martin, Zyra Gorecki, Jon Seda, Chiké Okonkwo, Karina Logue, Veronica St. Clair, Rohan Mirchandaney, Nicholas Gonzalez, Lily Santiago, Chloe De Los Santos, Josh McKenzie

Overview: An epic adventure begins when a massive sinkhole opens in the middle of Los Angeles, pulling hundreds of people and buildings into its depths. Those who fell in find themselves in a mysterious and dangerous primeval land, where they have no choice but to band together to survive. Meanwhile, the rest of the world desperately seeks to understand what happened. In the search for answers, one family torn apart by this disaster will have to unlock the secrets of this inexplicable event to find a way back to each other.
La Brea (2021)

Up to 6 episodes of this one and I can't help but think of Land of the Lost + Terra Nova = La Brea. :thinking:

What's really driving me nuts though is that the handprint logo used by the tribe that lives in the village reminds me a logo from either a game or game company from the 80's (90's?) and I can't remember what it is. Aaaa.

Screen%20Shot%202021-10-05%20at%2011.04.46%20PM-thumb-700xauto-239050.png

watched first ep. meh. I just don't have time for complicated shows like this.
It was sorta' catching my attention but lost it when every little thing started being drawn over across episodes. I think it is [Was? Has it been renewed? 🤔] a classic case of the creative team boxing themselves in with a premise and then having to come up with a way of keeping it going to sustain a series instead of a mini-series or one-off movie.
I watched some of first season but stopped

It got boring
I stopped watching at the end of S1. Even though I had it on the DVR to record I had no interest in watching S2.