La Superica

I'm so sorry this chappie is not finished yet. :( I've been tinkering with it every day, but it is just not there yet, which means it will probably not be up until after the 5th of July because I'm moving half way across the country in two days. Anyway, those of you who have been with me since the beginning of this journey know that I take a long time with the updates... so thanks for being so patient. And I'm sorry for being so slow. :blush: I'm just really meticulous when I write. Sorry.

LaurenRachael said:
:woot:

(Sentences are too complicated)
[post="1414286"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Exactly, which is why this is taking so long.

Alias_Day Posted Jul 5 2005, 09:10 AM
  love this! was kinda confused when he pushed her against the wall..please pm me when you update!

Vaughn would never hurt Sydney ~at least not in my world~ however I do think at times people have to fight before they can love. Especially Syd and Vaughn. Let's face it, they are bad communicators... so in order to get to the root of things...

To the fans of my story, I can only thank you for your patience. I'm truly sorry this has taken so long. This is meant to be the last official chapter, although I may write an afterwards section to give some summary of the future I imagine after this special night. I am once again so sorry this has taken so long to write. It has been mostly done for a long time it was just very hard for me to put the finishing touches. It was never supposed to be more than the story of their reunion (after S3). I hope this cheers everyone up after that very sad S5 premiere. I don't feel like we have seen the last of Vaughn, but since it might be such a long time before we see him again, I think we might be writing a lot of fan fiction in the mean time. I already have some new ideas for a new fic. Enjoy!

Chapter 7: Standing Still

Vaughn’s breath caught in his chest when he heard Sydney tell him she loved him. They were completely alone and standing still for once and it was not that what she said was news, it was more that they were here, finally, after so much time, and moving forward together. He felt the tightening in his chest and with just a hint of a smile he leaned forward and captured her lips in a kiss. “It feels so good to be able to do that again,” he said coming up for air, their foreheads touching. “I know,” she said with a smile, threading her arms around him and pulling him towards her for another kiss and then another…

Vaughn marveled not just at the feel of her lips on his or the way her body melted against him but also at her ability to shift from emotional vulnerability to hot blooded aggressor just as easily as the wind might change directions in a storm. Even knowing her as well as he did, it still caught him off guard.

Sydney could feel Vaughn’s heart pounding through his shirt. And with the rapturous taste of his lips and the indescribable feeling of being wrapped up in his arms again what she really wanted to do was just take his shirt off. The need to be as close to him as was physically possible seemed to fuel the fire of their kisses. “Vaughn?” she said against his lips. “Mmm…hmmm?” he mumbled distracted, nipping at her lips playfully. “Why are we wearing so many clothes?” His eyes bolted open, sparkling green. “Sydney Bristow” he said, picking her up and whirling her around in his arms. “Where‘s the fire?” he growled, biting at her neck as she threw her head back laughing. “Would you stop calling me by my full name already!” she said, smiling, her eyes shining with love. “Never, not even if you say please,” he said, setting her down to face him, his hands resting on her bare shoulders.

And then it was as though a door had just closed, laughter leaving the room. They were alone again, just the two of them, the light heart of flirtatiousness slipping out as easily as it had come in. There wasn’t room for it, not tonight.

Just like that the emotional vulnerability was back. They were both serious, emotions raw, touching every part of them like the rain. The world had tilted on it’s axis returning for both of them to its rightful position.

They were back. Sydney and Vaughn. Frozen. Poised on the brink of everything. Meeting emotional blow with emotional blow, gazing deep into one another for what seemed like the first and last time. Love like water, heavy and all around them. The continuum of their lives seemed to exist on one plane now: Sydney sitting in Vaughn’s office at the CIA, her face swollen behind a mask of red hair; In disguise walking through a club in Tai Pei, Vaughn possessively taking hold of Sydney‘s hand, her smiling, looking away and trying not to laugh; Standing in Sydney’s kitchen about to make love for the first time, Vaughn whispering “You’re so beautiful”; In Hong Kong, Sydney hitting Vaughn over the head with a lamp, “I don’t know who you are, but your not Vaughn”; Prisoners in N. Korea about to face the firing squad, Sydney kissing Vaughn on the cheek, and whispering “We’ll find each other, we always find each other.” There was not a parallel universe where all of their experiences together lived. It was right here right now, nothing could exist without everything. This was the way that they loved: Their lives a tapestry, each and every moment a color, bleeding together like the sunset.

Vaughn’s fingers trailed down Sydney’s arms, his touch feather light. She closed her eyes and then opened them, reaching out to him, retrieving the chain from inside his shirt. He watched her touch the ring for the first time. “It’s yours,” he said, trying to discern the hesitation in the way that she touched it. “It’s beautiful,” she said, looking up at him. “Do you want to try it on?” he said, unfastening the chain. She looked mildly alarmed as he removed the ring from the chain and then their stillness was interrupted by a loud pounding on the door.

They both jumped. Vaughn in one motion, pushed Sydney behind him drawing his gun out of an ankle holster. Sydney, swiveled around, pulling a gun out of an impressively concealed thigh holster. Guns drawn, they both stared anxiously at the door.

Vaughn sighed, dropping his weapon, smiling. “Vaughn!” Sydney hissed under her breath, her eyes darting towards the door, motioning with her gun. He shook his head, obviously amused, as they both heard someone on the other side of the door call out, “Room service.” “It’s the oldest trick in the book,” she said alarmed, “We didn’t order any.” “No,” he said simply, still smiling. “We didn’t, I did.” Then to her utter dismay, she watched him tuck the gun into the back of his pants and stride over towards the door. “Vaughn!” She said through gritted teeth as she ran over to the other side of the door so she could attack the intruder from behind if it became necessary. He opened the door only slightly, the chain still in place, and said, “Password?” A voice on the other side of the door answered, “October 1st.”

Vaughn looked at Sydney, a question in his eyes, she nodded agreement, and then slipped her gun back into its holster as he proceeded to open the door all the way. She watched in disbelief as champagne, strawberries, crepes, and an excess of other palatial vices was wheeled into the room. Sydney just shook her head smiling to herself as Vaughn signed off on the decadent room service order and turned around to face her once the door had closed.

“Why are you smiling?” He said, not looking amused. “Vaughn we already had dessert.” She said, laughter lingering in her eyes. “I know,” he answered, “I was thinking we could make it an all night activity,” he said, his smile devilish, eyebrows spiking. “Is there any ice cream?” She said, her eyes raking over the white linen covered cart of sweets. He smiled at her, then, his eyes unwavering, “Mmm hmm” he said, moving in to her, and cradling her face in his hands, “Coffee,” he said, kissing her full on the mouth. “My favorite” she murmured, tasting him. “I know,” he said, smugly, sliding his hands intimately down her body. “Vaughn,” she said in slight surprise, as she felt his hands sliding up her thighs underneath her skirt. “I thought you said, you wanted less clothes on,” he said, still smug. “Yes but---” she said, relaxing, when she realized what he was doing. He never once took his eyes off hers as his hand emerged from under her skirt holding the gun. He walked over to a side table, removing his gun too, and setting them both down. “Any other concealed weapons I should know about?” he said looking over at her, his eyes rapacious. “Just me.” she said, smiling. “Good,” he said, advancing towards her.

There was no lines left to cross, no lies left to live, no boundaries left between them. He was on her, their desires erupting in deliberate disarray. They tore at each other, shattered pieces coming together again. There was no sweetness, no sorrow, no holding back. They feasted on their love without inhibition.

They nearly made love on the floor but then there was a wall and Vaughn pushed Sydney up against it. She ripped at the buttons on his shirt, clawed at his belt, wrapped her legs around him. Closer. Her teeth sank into his shoulder. More. Vaughn pulled up her skirt, his hands on her thighs. His love once so tentative now forceful and demanding. She bent to his will offering her lips up to the feast. He devoured her in endless bruising kisses. His desire so desperate for what he had once lost. He had been to her funeral, scattered her ashes, conversed with her ghost. Now he sought to bring her back to life in his arms.

The flood of emotion overwhelmed both of them. Sydney once again allowing Vaughn unrestricted access to every part of her. Her only recourse naked in the firelight of lust. Physical love palpable, erasing the memory of others that had passed between them. “I love you so much,” he murmured between breathless kisses. “I know,” she answered, at last, arching into him, letting go of all fears. Vaughn, sensing her surrender finally made her his again. They made love like that up against the wall. Their love so fused it knew no beginning and no end. The continuum of physical wants and emotional desires merged helplessly as one.

********************************************************************************

Afterwards they collapsed into one another in an emotionally and physically sated sheen. Sydney was lustrous in Vaughn’s arms, her head at rest on his shoulder. The tension had exhausted both of them and for a moment they were still, loving the afterglow. “I told you we’d find each other,” Sydney said softly, nuzzling her face into his shoulder and neck. Then Vaughn picked up her face in his hands and kissed her eyes, her cheeks, and her lips over and over again, loving the way that the flush of passion still lingered on her skin. When her eyes fluttered open she found his sparkling green pools just inches from hers, their foreheads nearly touching. He held her there, both of them unmoving, still so intimately joined.

“Wow,” she said, finally, her dimples showing. “I know, impressive right?” he said, with a lazy half smile. “I guess that clears that part up then,” she said, blushing a little. “What part?” he said confused. “We still… um… have it,” she said, looking away. “I never had a doubt in my mind,” he said, shaking his head with a smile.

It was then that Vaughn picked her up in his arms, and carried her over to the bed. He set Sydney down on the bed gently. She sighed, content, stretching out her legs, as he crawled up the length of her body. “Vaughn,” she murmured, closing her eyes, and when she opened them again they were face to face, and she could feel the weight of him on top of her. “Syd,” he answered, taking her hand in both of his. And like many similar conversations where they could suddenly pick up minutes or hours later exactly where they had left off, he said to her, “So we were just trying this on,” her eyes registering surprise as he deftly slid the ring on her left ring finger. She wanted to say something, wanted to protest - wasn’t it too soon for this? But she could not seem to tear her eyes away from the sight of his ring on her finger… “Vaughn, I…” she said words frozen in her throat, turning her hand around so that she could see the ring. And then his finger was on her lips, “Shh…Syd,” his voice just above a whisper. “ I can’t wear this around my neck anymore. You’re still here. It belongs to you. Because things are as they have always been. Nothing without everything. You belong to me. I belong to you. ”

Emotion filled the air as he spoke the last few words. Sydney’s face was puffy with unshed tears. “Vaughn…” she managed to choke out, before he began to kiss her again. All at once their bodies were moving as one. The second time their coupling, though no less passionate, was entirely different than the first. Their love, abandoning its sharp edges, surrendering to the languid harmony that had so long ago been lost. This was the way that Sydney and Vaughn loved one another. It was a first love, a last love, an endless love. Timelessness had found it’s way back into their world. And just like that, they had found their way back to each other.

In the end they would not rest until the light of morning had entered into their room. Strangely, and almost for the very first time, that vivid light of day did not bring them back to reality. There was no truth to go back to other than the one they had found together. The world as it was before ceasing to exist sometime during the night.

Pm List Update
Addicts:
sydneyluvsvaughn4eva
Sydney L Bristow
Alias/gglover
SuperDuck123
Angel

Pm list:
Scialet
LaurenRachael
Crazy for Alias
Addicted 2 Alias
Vaughnshoney
ashqua
stealthy
luckylass
AliasChica316
texasalias2004

ASIOagent
sab-alias
Angel
tunita
broe4ever929
krzykty57789
fire*N*ice
Syd89
gucci_94
Sydneymicheal

noggi16
msu_ruby
sydney_alias_vaughn
sabbiee_co
Iluvalias0203
Freckles3706
Brinne
KAliasGirl
~VartansGirl~
Julesvartan

SpySyd2010
ubielecki
agentmoose
kromrell
aliaschick06
SarahBear
gregstar
kalias
oooRevesDouxooo
frangipani

dancingfortherain
Liis
Sydney A Vaughn
Nadia Weiss
Alias79
emotionalrescue
Mountaineer+Boyscout
Bennezuela
Alias_Day
cupcake 55
KAC
Garner Chick6
Syd 89

I'll read it ASAP, but I'm about to leave for the movies with my friend.

SO GLAD YOU UPDATED!

*grins*

P.S. Yeah, we really need to be cheered up :Pinch:

Back