Foodies LaCroix sparkling water - What's the big deal about it?

Kevin

Code Monkey
Staff member
Recently I've started to really cut back on my eating habits and part of that is to drink a lot more water. Plain water gets boring after drinking multiple bottles a day so I picked up a case of LaCroix sparkling water to see what the hype was about it. And... I don't get it, it's just flavored carbonated water, the same as from other brands and even generic offerings like Costco's store branded waters.

La Croix sparkling water is little short of a religion among millennials - here's why
The Surprisingly American History of LaCroix - Chowhound

The orange isn't bad, with it's barely-there hint of flavor, but I'm not getting what makes it a value-added purchase above other brands. :thinking:

Deluded dude, you are not hip unless you are drinking Icelandic water, now go and shave that beard off immediately. All about the brand, I simply do Mount Franklin, which I guess is simply filtrated water.

Deluded dude, you are not hip unless you are drinking Icelandic water, now go and shave that beard off immediately. All about the brand, I simply do Mount Franklin, which I guess is simply filtrated water.
Icelandic water? No, no, no... you need water that comes from melted ice chipped off of the glacier that sank the Titanic with the melting process done by placing the ice chips in bowls on top of heated Himalayan pink salts with the bowls, of course, being handcrafted by the Himalayan monks, so that the essence of the water is slowly freed.

Here in the States the two big filtered water brands are Aquafina and Dasini. Aquafina is owned by Pepsi while Dasin is owned by Coca-Cola and it's a bit of brilliant reuse on their behalf since the filter water is simply the exact same filtered water that they go on to use to make their soda products. Unfortunately both taste horrible to me; it's hard to describe but it's a 'flat' favor. Growing up I was fine with the water from the kitchen tap and still use tap water these days for making Crystal Light (Iced Tea and Lemonade). For bottled water I usually drink Deer Park, a "natural spring water" bottler. Our local Costco sells 40 packs cheap.

Maybe we should try Aveda? :LOL:

Real Time w/Bill Maher, on hbo, does a little segment called-
CrN3EqFUEAAFFyS.jpg

...I Just Know it’s True

Anyhoo- last night he proclaimed La Croix was tap water. He didn’t know it for a fact, just that it’s true.

I've given up on the La Croix and, for now, 'sparkling' water in general; I just can't be convinced that it's worth paying extra for.

For the office I'm trying the Crystal Light "On The Go" packets. Each packet can be dumped straight into a 16oz bottle of water & shaken for an easy to make drink. So far the citrus packs are my favorite but I'm trying some of the other flavors as well. I just have to watch because, unbeknownst to me, some of their packs have caffeine added meant to be used like an energy drink and that is not what I'm after.

Back