Lacuna Coil

Anyone here into Lacuna Coil? I just recently picked up their lastest album, "Comalies" and I listen to it constantly. They sound a little like Evanescence in the aspect that they have a female singer, but they sound a lot different too. Anyone else a fan?

Em

Yeah baby, i just LOVE LC !

my fav songs by them are "Falling" "Heaven's a Lie" "This is my dream" and "To myself i turned"
i already posted about them but i didn't get any reaction :angry:

i really can't stand when people say that LC is like Evan ...

for starters it's a different genre of music LC is symphonic metal Evan is rock
LC 's been around for a few years longer than Evan

but if you like LC and Evan you should check out these bands:

Within Temptation
Nightwish
Tristania

and others, let me know if you want more :smiley:

Yeah I agree that both Evanescence and Lacuna Coil are different. And as aggravating as it is, I don't think that the annoying comparisons are going to stop any time soon. -_- I was SO mad that Ozzfest skipped Minnesota. I was so looking forward to seeing them.... And isn't it funny that everyone in the US says "If you like Evanescence, you'll like Lacuna Coil.", and then in Europe its "If you like Lacuna Coil, you'll like Evanescence." Lacuna Coil's been around for...I think 6 years before Evanescence? I think...what year did they start?

Lacuna Coil rocks!! I heard about them since I am an Evanescence fan. So when I was at Hot Topic many months ago, I listened to a couple of songs and then bought Comalies. What a good CD!!! The music is so whoa... I especially like The Ghost Woman and the Hunter, as well as Entwined.

[quote name='Danté's Prayer' date='Sep 6 2004, 11:41 AM']Yeah baby, i just LOVE LC !

my fav songs by them are "Falling" "Heaven's a Lie" "This is my dream" and "To myself i turned"
i already posted about them but i didn't get any reaction  :angry:

i really can't stand when people say that LC is like Evan ...

for starters it's a different genre of music LC is symphonic metal Evan is rock
LC 's been around for a few years longer than Evan

but if you like LC and Evan you should check out these bands:

Within Temptation
Nightwish
Tristania

and others, let me know if you want more :smiley:
[post="990108"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
[/quote]

I know exactly what you're saying! It really pisses me off when people compare LC to Evanescensene (or however you spell it; lol) just because the both have female singers. Evanescence is rock, and LC is gothic metal. But yeah, Lacuna Coil rocks. I have their newest CD and In a Reverie (the updated version of Falling on that CD is AWESOME). And glad to see someone knows about Nightwish, Tristania, and Within Temptation! Check out Battlelore, too. I really like them. Most of their stuff has to do with Tolkien and Lord of the Rings, but it's awesome.

I'm checking out Comalies right now and I'm loving it! I think I've found another band that I like.

And Dante if u think that if people like Evvy and LC then they'll like those bands then I'll go check 'em out right away! :D

ETA: u think u could post s'more? plz?

other bands with female vocalistst are

Epica
After Forever

do check out this German band aswell... they're called Apocalyptica and they're really great! it's like 4 guys with their cello's playin' great tunes ... i really love "Path" and "Fade to Black" they have songs that just are instrumental but they also have songs using guestvocals like Nina Hägen on the Rammstein cover "Seemann" - really nice song - and a Swedish singer on "Far away" wich i personally think is their best song with vocals

For other bands you can check out dfd's Metal topic

Danté said:
Apocalyptica[/url] and they're really great! it's like 4 guys with their cello's playin' great tunes ... i really love "Path" and "Fade to Black" they have songs that just are instrumental but they also have songs using guestvocals like Nina Hägen on the Rammstein cover "Seemann" - really nice song - and a Swedish singer on "Far away" wich i personally think is their best song with vocals

For other bands you can check out  dfd's Metal topic
[post="1151581"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

I forgot about After Forever. They're really cool. Another cool band is Amaran. I've only heard 2 songs, but they kick ass. And Beseech is another cool one.

[quote name='Danté's Prayer' date='Jan 9 2005, 07:39 AM']...songs using guestvocals like Nina Hägen on the Rammstein cover "Seemann" - really nice song - and a Swedish singer on "Far away" wich i personally think is their best song with vocals[/quote]

What!?!!? They covered Seeman!? I have to hear that. I LOOOVE Rammstein.

Danté said:
Apocalyptica[/url] and they're really great! it's like 4 guys with their cello's playin' great tunes ... i really love "Path" and "Fade to Black" they have songs that just are instrumental but they also have songs using guestvocals like Nina Hägen on the Rammstein cover "Seemann" - really nice song - and a Swedish singer on "Far away" wich i personally think is their best song with vocals

For other bands you can check out  dfd's Metal topic
[post="1151581"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
I'll check 'em out! Thanks! I tried buying Lacuna Coil and Within Temptation yesterday but the store didn't have 'em. :(

I bought Comalies! I LOVE it! I listen to it a lot. This one time when I didn't have the album I just listented to samples of their song over and over and over again. And once I bought I as as happy as pie. Lacuna Coil is awesome!

Back