Last SF movie you watched

Last film - been a while since I've watched a film, probably xmas eve, but I've been running through a tvseries I found from 2002 :

The Chronicle - http://www.tv.com/chronicle/show/3515/summary.html

I suppose you could say it is a cult show with some similar feeling to Men in Black, Psi Factor and Eureka. A young reporter gets a job with a tabloid supermarket type newspaper that reports Elvis stories, Alien abductions and Siamese Twins. He needs the job and reluctantly takes it, but straight away is introduced into a world where the stories are true, just that he is ordered to write them up to sound slightly unbelievable in preparation for a time when the world can accept what they find.

I've watching a lot of cable movies lately so it's been mostly b-movie type stuff and anime. Some recent examples would include Click, Zoom, My Super Ex-Girlfriend, ... well, you get the idea.

In the fantasy genre, I just watched Pan's Labyrinth last night. It was lot darker then I was expecting from it but a very compelling story to watch being played out.

Event Horizon
Parts of that movie still give me the creeps when I watch it.

Contact, the 1997 film from Carl Sagan's 1985 book.

A serious and adult treatment of how the first contact with an alien race might go. Absolutely brilliant - one of the best SF films I've seen, and Jodie Foster deserved an Oscar for it.

Contact, the 1997 film from Carl Sagan's 1985 book.

A serious and adult treatment of how the first contact with an alien race might go. Absolutely brilliant - one of the best SF films I've seen, and Jodie Foster deserved an Oscar for it.
I've seen the movie a few times by now and, I must admit, on first viewing I was a bit put off by it but subsequent viewings were more enjoyable. The various debates both before & after her journey are really what defines the film.

The impact true intelligent extraterrestrial life will have on the religions of our world were pale but at least it was acknowledged. I'd bet that would be a great subject to explore in a book. You could probably write a series of novels on the implcations and turmoil of the discovery alone.

Last movie:
Immortel - Interesting

It seems you guys are mixing scifi and horror together in the same category.... so let me give you one of each... without a doubt not the last but the best horror that I have watched in a long time is black sheep... its made by our lord of the rings guy... not for the young'uns among us.... it has a dark and biting sense of humor...

as for scifi... I've watched a lot.... but the best for me are the classic evolution and eight legged freaks... really cool stuff... dude... I'm laughing just thinking about them now...

I spelled it wrong, its IMMORTEL

Trailer

28m.jpg

New York 2095. In a strange pyramid floating in the sky, the gods of ancient Egypt are judging Horus. In the city, a young women with blue hair and tears is arrested, but she has a secret power, even to herself... more

Contact - Really great movie that was even better than Carl Sagan's excellent book.

Event Horizon - Excellent on a lot of levels, and I see it as an unofficial part of the Hellraiser series.

Haven't seen the rest.

Last genre movie I watched (horror/fantasy, not SF) was Lady in the Water. I really like Shymalans first few movies but the last few seem to just drag on forever with their storyline pace.

Transformers, again
I have not seen it yet but I really want to.