Last Stop

Descena

Cadet
Title: Last Stop (part 1 of 2?)
Note: I have NOTHING to do with the creators/writers/producers/actors of Alias
Rated: Pg-13 or Tv-14

11111.jpg

TAKES PLACE IN THE MIDDLE OF SEASON FOUR

This is my first fan ficition of this show, so be a little easy on me, I really only wrote the ending, so I am making this up as I go :blush: . I am new to this, so I hope you enjoy it, at least somewhat

Sydney Voice over (V.O.)

Some people say, that your life flashes before your eyes in the instant of your death.

[In an ambulance]
(Emt's are working on Sydney, who is bleeding from her chest, beaten, and a bloody wound on her head. Sydney is staring up, her eyes glassy, focused on something, that isn't there really. Michael Vaughn is with her, holding her hand, worried, terrified, nearly crying.)
Vaughn: Sydney!

Sometimes, you see memories. Good memories

[Flashes of: Vaughn proposing; her and Francie laughing; her and Will kissing; her and her father hugging each other]

But you also get a glimpse of the bad memories

[Flashes of: Danny dead; Vaughn killed; Irina shooting her; Lauren attempting to kill her; Vaughn married, kissing Lauren]

There reaches a point in your life, when it is your time to die, you see your loved ones, and the people you have met and have had an impact on your life, and Destiny

[Flash images of: Danny; Jack; Irina; Sloane; Marshall; Dixon; Francie; Will; Sark; Nadia; Weiss; Vaughn]

And after you see this, after you experience that pain, there comes the time, where you move behind the pain, and even though your loved ones plead for you to stay, you want to go. You need it to end. But then at the last minute, when it is too late, instead of walking into the light...you only find darkness...

[In the hospital; Sydney is laying on the bed, doctors are working on her, when all of a sudden, the monitor flat-lines...]

48 hours early

[Song; Aerosmith: Eat the Rich Playing]

Sydney is jogging in the park when she slows to a stop and takes a breath.

"Heya stranger."

Sydney looks up and smiles at Vaughn as he approaches

"Hey."

Vaughn smiles back at her. "So, I woke up this mourning, and this beautiful woman I fell asleep with, isn't there anymore."

"I'm sorry. I just needed to clear my head."

"I figured." Vaughn sighs. "Sloane called."

[APO]

Sloane stood in front of his team. He looked around at his daughter, Nadia, her sister Sydney, his friend Jack, and the other team members, Marcus Dixon, Marshall Flinkman, Michael Vaughn and Eric Weiss.

"I am sorry to call you all in on such short notice," Sloane began, "But there is an urgent matter at hand that needs are attention."

He pressed a button on the remote he held in his hand and behind him, the scene flickered on to reveal a map.

"We have received Intel that Anna Espinosa and Irina Derevko have teamed up and are currently searching for another, and final, Rambaldi piece."

"You kidding me," Sydney breathed.

Sloane continued, ignoring Sydney. "Anna and Irina have already developed the machine that will bring forth Rambaldi's endgame, but they need this piece to unlock the rest of the mystery and make the machine work. We were sent the coordinates to where the piece is, and we will get it first."

"Where is it being held," Nadia asks

"In a house, actually," Sloane said, "In Nevada. We will go in, recover it, and turn it over to Chase and the CIA. So, Nadia, Dixon, and Weiss. You three will go to Nevada, recover the artifact, and bring it back. It is a cut and run mission, that's all. Sydney, we will need to keep Anna and Irina distracted for the time they are in Nevada. So, we contact them and tell them that you have requested to speak with them urgently, in regards to Julian Sark and where the artifact truly is. That is all."

[Sydney's house]

"I don't understand why Sloane won't send me to Nevada," Sydney complained.

"You heard Sloane Sydney," Nadia said, "It's a cut and run mission. To distract Anna and Irina we need a meeting. They are more likely to meet with you more than anyone else, you know that."

"Yeah," Sydney sighed, "I guess."

[Paris]

Sydney sees Anna and Irina sitting at a table in a local cafe. She sighs and walks over to the table. Both women look up at her and smile

"Sydney," Irina began, "To what do we both owe this pleasure?"

"I know what your after," Sydney said simply, "And you won't get it."

"And what's that," Anna asked.

"The Rambaldi piece. The last piece you need to bring upon his endgame."

"A-ha," Anna smirked. "You are the clever one, yes?"

"At this very moment, are team is in position to take the artifact and place them in secure and trusted hands."

"That's what this is," Irina asked. "A decoy?" Sydney said nothing. "You know better than anyone Sydney, no one can be trusted and no place is secure. Even at the CIA."

Anna smiled at Sydney while Irina continued. "How do you think you got those coordinates Sydney? By luck?"

(Scene switches to Nevada where Nadia and the team break into the house. It is a small house, where it looks like someone was watching the artifact. Nadia signals, and the whole team moves in and clears the house. Nadia then takes out what looks like a cell phone, and searches for the artifact. It beeps and she follows as it gets louder)

"Do you really think that would agree to see you and leave the artifact alone for the sake of an afternoon chat?"

"Yes actually, I did," Sydney huffed

(Nadia finds the signal and pulls back a picture, which reveals a safe. She places a code scrambler on it and the safe unlocks)

"Too bad," Irina said, "Because the artifact isn't there."

Sydney stares at her mother wide-eyed. "It's a set up?"

"I am so glad you weren't running that OP, Sydney," Anna said

[APO]

Jack's phone rings and he answers it

"Bristow."

"Dad!"

"Sydney?"

"It's a set up!"

"What?"

"The artifact is NOT in Nevada, Mom and Anna set us up!"

[Nevada]

(Nadia opens the safe expecting to see the artifact, but she sees a bomb instead, counting down, Three, Two, One...)

"Oh shi-"

TBC

hey good start...i seem like someone in apo isw a mole.........it would be so cool if it was nadia :D :D

pm when you update

[Hospital]

Sydney got out of the elevator and practically ran up to her father. "Dad!"

Jack turned toward Sydney and sighed. "Sydney, thank god."

"Sorry," she breathed, "My flight got delayed. How are they?"

"Critical. But, the doctor believes that they could pull through."

"Thinks?"

"Sydney-," Jack began

"They set us up. How could they do that Dad? Better yet, why didn't we catch it?"

"I don't know," Jack admitted. "But we need to assume that they know where the real location of the Rambaldi piece is."

Vaughn walked up to them, "What happened? Are they okay?"

"We don't know," Sydney answered.

"Irina and Anna must somehow be responsible," Jack thought out loud.

"How is that possible," Sydney asked. All of this was starting to work her nervous big time. "How could they relay a message to APO and we take the whole thing as being reliable information?"

Jack looked at Sydney, wishing he had an answer, when Vaughn jumped in. "Maybe APO has a mole."

[APO]

Sydney walks quickly into APO with a purpose. Ignoring those around her who exchange glances with each other, regarding the Nevada incident. Sydney pushed open the doors to Sloane's office. Sydney looked at Sloane, who looked at surprised at her entrance.

"Let me call you back," Sloane said to the other person on the phone. "Sydney-"
"Did you know?"

Sloane looked at her, confused. "Sydney-"

"Don't tell me you don't know what I am talking about," she said testily

Sloane didn't say a word, but only stared at her, in disbelief and utter shock

"Nevada," Sydney explained, "It was all a set up. Don't tell me you didn't it was."

"Sydney, if I knew, do you honest think I would have given the assignment to my own daughter?"

Sydney looked Sloane in the eyes. He is so convincing

"Yes," she said simply. " I wondered why you didn't send me."

Sloane stood up from his chair and walked over to Sydney

"I would never place my daughter in danger like that Sydney. Never! I knew nothing about a set up and what happened in Nevada was unfortunate."

"Unfortunate?" Sydney blurted out. "Dixon, Weiss and Nadia are in a hospital after a bomb exploded in their face! It is anything but unfortunate!"

"Perhaps it was a bad choice of words, but-"

At that point, Sydney lost control. She had it with Sloane. She grabbed him by his coat and slammed him into the wall

"I will find out if you were responsible, I swear to God I will. And if I were you, Sloane, I would be praying you were telling the truth, because if they die, if Nadia, dies, I will kill you. I promise you I will."

Sydney let's go of Sloane and walks out. Sloane straightens out his coat and stares after Sydney, fear reflecting in his eyes.

[Sydney's house]

Vaughn: They will pull through Sydney...you have to believe that

Sydney: I do. But to be honest with you, I actually believe Sloane

Vaughn: That he had nothing to do with it?

Sydney: That he knew nothing about the bomb. I mean, maybe yes, he had something to do with it, but I don't think even a man like Arvin Sloane would put his own daughter in mortal danger like that

Vaughn sat on the couch and Sydney rested her head in his lap

Sydney: I don't know what I'm suppose to do, Vaughn. (pauses) What did Marshall say?

Vaughn: He tried tracing the message, but it didn't work. It was corrupted. whoever sent it, doesn't want to be found

Sydney: What about Sark?

Vaughn: What?

Sydney sits up, a new idea coming to her

Sydney: Before Sark was captured, he and Anna were working together to find that piece that Anna and my mother wants now

Vaughn: So...?

Sydney: So, what if Sark knew the exact location?

Vaughn: Then we can get the piece before Irina and Anna?

Sydney: Exactly!

Vaughn: Well, as much as I hate and don't trust Sark...it's worth a shot

[CIA Cell]

Sark, sitting on his bed, hears people coming. Sighing he stands up. "Miss Bristow...long time, no see."

"We need information Sark."

"Really? I wouldn't have guessed that."

Sydney ignored him. "Before you were captured, you and Anna were working together in finding the missing Rambaldi piece, that last piece that was needed. I believe that you have the exact location and you didn't see the need to share it with your partner, at the time."

Sark smiles at Sydney. "I missed you, you know?" Sark nods his head when Sydney doesn't reply. "Yes, I have the location stored in the vault of a bank in Wittenberg. Do I know it by heart? No. I merely wrote it down and stored it away when we realized the CIA was trailing us."

"Where's the key to the vault, Sark?"

"Uh...see, there's the problem. Only I can retrieve the key. Not by phone, not by email, only in person, face to face."

Sydney looks at Sark and then finally sighs. She nods at the guard and he unlocks the cell, and un-cuffs Sark.

"If you betray me Sark...they won't ever find your body."

"I wouldn't dream of betraying you, Sydney," Sark replied. His expression made his word seem believable, but Sydney knew better.

[Wittenberg]

Sydney and Sark approach the desk. Sark hands the clerk a piece of paper and the clerk reads it, then hands it back to Sark

Clerk: Name?

Sark: Julian Sark

The clerk typed in the computer, then a moment later, hands Sark a key
Clerk: Straight down, to your right

Sark and Sydney follow his directions

Outside, Vaughn is keeping a lookout in a van. He sees Anna and Irina walk into the bank
"Phoenix, you need to hurry. Irina and Anna are here."

Sydney listens to Vaughn via the comms.

"We have to hurry." Sydney starts off in a jog and Sark follows her. Then they reach the vault and Sark opens it with the key. Out front, Anna shoots the clerk and proceeds to the vault with Irina
Sark walks into the vault and looks around. Then he finds a briefcase and opens it. Inside is a piece of paper. He takes it out, reads it and memorizes it. He then burns the paper. Sark then joins Sydney outside the vault, "Got it." Anna and Irina round the corner and spot Sydney and Sark. They start shooting at them and force Sarka dn Sydney to take cover. Sydney pulls out her gun and returns the fire. She then takes off for the exit, Sark following close behind.

Sydney and Sark exit through the door and gets in their car [Mustang]. Sydney slips behind the driving wheel and peels out. Irina and Anna then come through the door and get into a car of their own [Mercedes]. Anna gets in the driving seat and takes off after Sydney.

Sark looks behind them and notices Anna is following them. "They're behind us. Give me a weapon."
Sydney hands him her gun and he aims at the Mercedes and opens fire, but Irina does the same. "You have to lose them."
"Sark, do me favor, and shut up!"
Sydney cuts the wheel to the left hard, but Anna is able to keep up. Sydney then makes a quick right turn and goes into an alley. "Come on, come on."
Sark opens fire on Anna and Irina again and one of the bullet's hits their tire. "Yes!"

Sark smiles at Sydney as he reloads the gun. Sydney can't help but smile back. Coming into traffic, Sydney guns the engine and just as she is getting out of the alley, she turns and slams on the brake, making the car do a full 180 turn, then guns it again, taking off straight ahead. Anna sees Sydney going towards the right and she cuts the wheel, but it caught on the flat tire and the car flips over. Sark looks behind them and sees the Mercedes flipped over and smiles. "Whoo! You are good Agent Bristow."
Sydney looks in the mirror and sighs, "They'll be back."

Sark stares at her, "What makes you say that?"

Sydney sighs, "The bad guys, always come back."

TBC

[Miami Beach]

[Song; Will Smith: 'Miami' playing]

This is just great, Sydney thought. Summertime in Florida. It's hotter than L.A. Sydney sighed and took in the scene. A beautiful hot day, with everyone playing and having fun at the beach. She wished she could be doing the same thing with Vaughn now. But two things were stopping her. One; She was working, and two; Vaughn wasn't here....Julian Sark was. Sydney and Sark blended in perfectly. They ditched their 'work' clothes and were now in simple Floridan clothes. Sydney was wearing a bathing suit top with shorts and sunglasses on, and Sark was in shorts and a simple t shirt with sunglasses on. "Can I ask exactly where this artifact is hidden?"

Sark smiled at Sydney's ability to still talk about work here, of all places. "I am not entirely sure," he admitted. "But the exact coordinates suggest over there." Sark pointed ahead, and Sydney followed his gaze over to the pier. Sydney raised an eyebrow while they strode towards it. "You're kidding," she mocked. "And exactly where would it be hidden?"

Instead of answering, Sark jogged up to the pier and knelt down by the rocks. He pressed his ear to the one of the rocks and gently knocked on it. Sydney crossed her arms and looked at Sark. She rolled her eyes and looked around. She was looking to see if they were followed. She was sure they weren't, but the kinda of people that Irina and Anna are...she couldn't be too careful. For now, they had the upper hand. And as much as she hated to admit it, it was all thanks to Sark. "Yow!"

Sydney heard Sark let out a yelp and she turned quickly and ran up to him. "What? What's wrong?"

Sark was about knee dip in the water and smiled at Sydney for her immediate concern. "The water is shockingly cold," he answered.

Sydney sighed. Sark was still smiling at her for her touching concern. "Shut up, Sark," Sydney sneered. "You're here to find the artifact remember?" Sark then frowned at Sydney. "I have been in a cell for the past 11 months. If I can enjoy some sunshine and cold beach water that little kids pee in, then I would like to."

Sark went back to what he was doing and a moment later, he found it. "Okay," Sydney started, "Exactly how are we suppose to get it out of rock? We don't have an equipment with us."

"We don't need it." Sark grabbed a loose rock from under some others, and smashed the rock on the pier with it. Sure enough, it split open. Sydney looked at it, a little startled. Sark reached inside and pulled out the artifact. He held it up for Sydney to see. Sydney took it from him and looked at it. "OK," she said, "Let's get this back before Anna and Irina decide to show up."

Sark nodded and both of them took off towards their car, and heading to the airport, back to APO.

[APO]

"We now have the artifact, but there is another matter at hand," Sloane said. After Sydney and Sark flew back into L.A., they went straight to APO.

"What else can there be," Sydney asked. "We were suppose to get the artifact, we got the artifact."
"Yes, but the machine is still in Irina and Anna's hands."

Sydney glared at him. "If you think I will take it for your own personal-"

"No Sydney, I want you to destroy it. The whole lab, the whole building."

"We don't know where it is though," Jack said. Along with him, Sloane and Sydney, Vaughn and even Sark, were standing in the briefing room.

"We don't." Sloane glared at Sark. "But Sark does."

Sark glared back at Sloane. "My deal was helping Agent Bristow find and retrieve the artifact. That is all. I held up my end of the deal in which does not involve destroying a machine that took me months to build."

"Sark," Sydney began. When Sark met her glaze she continued, "If you want to see the sunshine and you want to swim in the cold beach water, then help me find your lab and destroy it." She looked at her father and Vaughn, "Or they will have a good time getting out of you."

Sark only stared at Sydney. "If I do that, then they will find and kill me. They are probably already after me."

"I think we'll be able to sleep at night," Vaughn replied.

"Quite so, but there is no guarantee that Anna doesn't have the machine in my lab anymore. She could have moved it."

"Then I suggest we go and check it out," Sydney said.

[Berlin]

[Song; Supreme begins of Leisure; Ghetto (Greg Rule Remix); playing]

Sydney and Sark run across the rooftop, both dressed in fatigues. Sydney takes off her backpack and pulls out her equipment and opens the air vent. When she is done, Sark goes in it, Sydney following. Seconds later, then reach the second floor of the building and climb out of the vent. Then they run over to the stairs and run down to the first floor. Sydney pulls out her gun and creeps around the corner. "It's clear."

"We have to split up," Sark said

"I don't think so," Sydney replied

"We have to," Sark insisted. "Once I shut off the security, the alarm will go off minutes later. If both of us go, then we won;t be able to get into the lab and destroy it."

Sydney hesitated then finally nodded in agreement. Sark nodded and headed off in the security room while Sydney advanced to the lab.

[Security Room]

Sark entered the room and the guard looked up in shock.

"Mr. Sark?"

"Hello gentleman."

Sark punched the guard and knocked him out, then the second guard stood up, and Sark grabbed him and threw him into the wall, then punched him and knocked him out as well. He took his gun and stuck it in his belt, then went to the computer and started typing. Moments later, the lights all shut down. "Good luck Sydney," he whispered. The he left the room, proceeding to the exit.

[Lab]

Sydney entered the lab, with her gun ready and looked around. She was surprised that no one was really around. She only knocked out one guard and a couple of scientists. Sloppy, sloppy Anna. Sydney reached the machine and peered at it. This is what is so damn important. Sydney expected a big Rabamldi machine like she had seen before, but this, this was the size of a mini model car. Only about a foot or two long. Sydney shook her head and placed the charged bombs all around the lab, and one directly on the machine. Just as she was about to leave, gun shots rang out. All directed at her, of course. She took cover and returned fire, then bolted out of there. She quickly ran down the massive hallway. Boy Sark knows how to pick 'em. Just as she was about to get to the exit, she was cut off by Anna.

Sydney halted to a stop and stared at Anna. Anna only stared back at her with a grin on her face. Both women had their guns at their sides, and both were staring each other down. The at once, both raised their weapons and fired. Sydney took cover, as did Anna, and even though they were great shooters, none of the bullets connected. As Sydney came out from the corner though, preparing to shoot, she pulled the trigger only to find nothing happened. Damn! She threw down her gun and ran up to Anna, who was reloading her gun. Sydney kicked it out of her hand and then threw Anna against the wall then punched her. As Sydney was coming in with another punch, Anna blocked it and punched Sydney, making her stagger backwards. Anna then kicked her sending Sydney hitting the wall behind her. As Anna came in for another blow, Sydney rolled out of the way, regained her balance and kicked Anna from behind. Anna returned with a backhand that sent Sydney back down. Anna then picked Sydney up and punched her in the gut, then the face. Sydney ducked her next attempt and hit Anna in the face. Anna then tackled Sydney and both went down, pulling hair, biting, punching. At the same time though, both saw their weapon laying on the floor. Both women leaped up and each grabbed a gun, stood up and aimed it at each other.

Sydney stood there, across from Anna, panting, bleeding from her head. Anna looked worse though as she had a huge cut above her eye and a swollen eye to match it. Anna smirked at Sydney. "One of us, has an empty case." Sydney realized she was right, One of the guns barrels were empty, but which one? Sydney stood there, fearing but hoping that she had the loaded weapon. Anna still stood there, still smiling, playing on Sydney's fears. Sydney fired her gun. As expecting, for Anna to be done, finished, dead, once of for all. But nothing happened. The gun made a clicking sound. Sydney stared in horror and tried again, but still nothing. The Anna fired. Once, twice, three times, hitting Sydney in the chest all three times.

Sydney fell backwards, feeling the blood rush out of her wounds. She stared up but her vision was too blurry to actually see anything. Then she heard faint footsteps and Anna was standing over her, still smiling at her. "It was nice knowing you, Sydney Bristow." Then Anna raised her weapon once more, at Sydney's head, and fired.

TBC
:thinking:

love it great chap

ihave challenage for anyone who want to write this:
picture sydney gives birth to Isabelle but isabelle is kiddnapped a few months later and syd go on hunt to find her and does three years later and it is about them building a bond and Isabelle learning to trust her mommy
let if u wnat to try it
don't u got my e-mail

sorry this update is so short. I haven't had time to type it out

Thank you for those you put in your input. It means a lot, and I hope you are enjoying it very much

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[Santa Barbara]

Sydney is standing in a white dress on the beach, staring at the sunset. She has a bitter sweet smile on her face as Vaughn approaches from behind her. He follows her gaze looking at the sunset.

"We never made it here, did we," Sydney asked

Vaughn looks down and sighs. "No, we didn't."

"I guess we won't have the chance now, huh?"

"You never know."

Sydney sighs and looks at Vaughn. "I should have tried harder. We should've, tried harder."

"Maybe it just wasn't meant to be," Vaughn suggested

"I don't believe that," Sydney countered.

Vaughn smiles, "Me neither." He looks at Sydney with tears in his eyes. He looks at Sydney's dress and Sydney follows his gaze. She looks down and sees blood trailing from her dress, and blood streaming from her bullet wounds.

"It doesn't hurt." Sydney said. "Not anymore, anyway."

"You don't deserve this Sydney."

"What?"

"Too die and have someone like Anna, still walking the earth, alive. She should've died..."

"Vaughn...maybe it was just meant to be this way."

"No...I don't believe that, and I will not lose you again Sydney. I won't." A gun then appears in Vaughn's hand and he aims it at Sydney.

Sydney looks at the gun with wide-eyes and tears of her own. "Vaughn..."

"I will not give up on us, Sydney. And I will never leave your side."

"Vaughn...please."

"I can't go on without you, and I will not."

Sydney is now crying, "Please...."

Vaughn stares at Sydney with tears of his own. He then brings the gun to his head and fires.

The shot then echos on as sirens blare on, and an EMT yells, "Clear!" Sydney is now on a stretcher in an ambulance as the EMT shocks her for the forth time. They all stare at the monitor, but Sydney is still flat-ling. Vaughn is sitting beside her, holding her hand. Sydney is still bleeding from the wounds she has suffered. Sark, sitting in the front, looks behind him, worried and watching closely. The EMT looks at his partner. "Do it again!" Vaughn yells at them. The second EMT shakes his head. "Agent Vaughn..."

Vaughn shakes his head, "Do it again!"

The EMT sighs, "Recharging. 600 joules. Clear!"

He once again, shocks Sydney, but this time they find a heartbeat. Vaughn grabs Sydney's hand again. "Sydney?"

"She's breathing," the EMT says. "We need to hurry though."

Sark sighs and turns back, his eyes on the road, just as they were reaching the hospital.

thanks. I know it is short but I added that into the story really late.

I also need to add the lyrics to the songs (links)

I will try to update later tonight

Thanks! :D

Vaughn sat there, twirling something in his hand. He looked up at the clock once again, and sighed. What's taking so long? he thought. It had been hours since Sydney was rushed into surgery from her ordeal with Anna. Vaughn and Sark had found Sydney unconscious, and bleeding badly. She didn't have a pulse but in the ambulance, they managed to get her back...for the time being that is. Vaughn was angry. At himself for not watching her more, protecting her. And at Anna. He wanted to kill her. He had never felt this much anger for one person since his wife, Lauren, had betrayed him, and everyone he knew. Vaughn stopped twirling the object in his hand, and held it up, looking closely at it, his memories of it streaming into his head. What he was holding was an engagement ring. Sydney's. The one he gave her a week ago after he promised to wed her in Santa Barbara.

Vaughn's thoughts quickly went away when he heard a familiar, and panicked voice. "Where is she?" Vaughn looked up at Jack, Sydney's father, and stood up, slipping the ring in his pocket.

"She's still in surgery," Vaughn answered.

"What happened?"

"Anna shot her. The doctors are doing her best, but, Jack...it doesn't look too good."

Jack looked at Vaughn through his pained eyes and Vaughn could practically read his mind, 'Where were you?'. But Jack said nothing, and he knew not everything went as planned while in the field. Vaughn wanted to say something but was at a lost for words. The person he loved could be dead now, and he was standing here, doing nothing. Jack looked down the hall at a doctor approached them. Vaughn walked up to the doctor, with Jack in tow.

"He is she," Vaughn asked

The doctor looked at Jack, and Vaughn and inhaled deeply. "For now...stable. We were able to stop the bleeding, and extract the bullets, and close her wounds, but..."

"What?"

"Because of the loss of blood, her brain was deprived of oxygen for too long. As if that's not worse, the gun shot wound to the head as well wasn't enough to kill her, but it grazed her and damaged several nerves needed for everyday function."

"Meaning what?" Jack jumped in.

"Meaning...even if Sydney somehow wakes up from her coma she is in now, the damage is too great. She may have no memory, or lapses of memory loss such as short term. She might have lost any emotional feelings of loved ones, she could suffer nightmares, personality disorders..." The doctor trailed off. "We'll keep her here, but, we need to discuss what after measures to keep. Mr. Bristow, Sydney has wrote in her medical will that 'If anything should happen to her, induced coma, or any medical illness that will render her incapable of performing her duty, is subject to immediate termination prior of illness/disease.'"

Vaughn looked from Jack to the doctor. "Wait a minute. You want Jack to decide if he should kill his daughter?"

"Mr. Vaughn, Sydney has stated, in ink, that if she is on a life support machine and/or in a coma, that she does not want to continue in this life. It is no way for someone to live."

"It's no way for someone to die either!"

"Vaughn," Jack softy injected. "I am her father." He looks at Vaughn, who just stares back, angry. Jack looks at the doctor. "If this is what Sydney wants...then I agree."

"Very well. I have some papers you need to sign."

"Can I see her first?"

"Of course."

[Hospital Room]

Jack walks into the room and closes the door. He walks over to Sydney's bed and sits next to her. Sydney is hooked up on a monitor with an assistant breathing tube attached to her. As Jack is looking at this he winches and looks at Sydney. He smiles at her and grabs her hand. "I never thought I'd see this Sydney. See you like this...having to sign...your death warrant. I have done, a lot of things that I am not proud of, but the one thing I never regretted is you. You give me the strength to be a better man, and a better father. You brought us together, and everyday, Sydney, you make me proud. You are the most beautiful woman I have ever had the privilege of knowing, and you are the kindest, gentlest soul, a fine agent and a loving human being. I don't want to let you go, but as your father, I respect your decision that you have made, Sydney, and I just wanted to let you know...that I love you." Jack, with tears in his eyes, stands up and kisses Sydney's forehead. Then with one last look, he walks out. From a far, Irina watches Jack in the room, and watches him as he leaves, with tears of her own, she turns and walks away.

[APO]

Nadia walks into Sloane's office and hugs him.

"Nadia," he begins, "I am so happy that you're alright."

Nadia breaks the hug and looks at Dixon, who smiles at her.

"Yeah, we're okay."

"And Eric?"

"He is resting at home. He'll be in later."

"That's good."

"So...what happened? It was a trap?"

"A set-up, yes. By Irina and Anna. That was what I was speaking to Marcus about. Irina and Anna have teamed up. When Sydney was in Paris, she realized it was a set-up, but it was too late."

"We had gone radio silent," Nadia finished.

"Yes. The good news is that from Sydney's Intel on the set-up, we were able to reach you right away."

"So, Anna and Irina had the piece already?"

"No actually, Sark hid it. He and Sydney retrieved it and went to destroy his lab and the machine."

"Were they successful," Dixon asked.

Sloane sighed and looked down. "No," he answered. "The lab was not destroyed. Anna was there, and she shot Sydney."

"Oh god," Nadia breathed. "How is she...where is she?!?"

"She's in the hospital right now, and her condition is unknown to me at this time..."

Nadia didn't wait for him to finish. Both she got up and walked out. Sloane watched after them as the phone rang. "Hello?" A voice was heard on the other end. "Mr. Sloane?"

"Yes," Sloane answered.

"I believe I have something you might want."

"And what's that?"

"The completed Rambaldi machine."

[Hospital]

Vaughn is sitting beside a comatose Sydney now, holding her hand. "We never made it Santa Barbara, Syd. I don't agree with your father, or with your decision for that matter. I don't understand it, but I just wanted to let you know...I want you to know, that I love you Syd. So much, and I don't want to lose you again. I promise you, that Anna will pay, and I will make sure of that. I promise." Vaughn kisses her hand as the doctor walks in. "It's time," he says. Vaughn nods and kisses Sydney, then walks out. He sees Jack standing outside the room pacing. Vaughn watches him closely then walks up to him and gets in his face. "How could you do this to her?"

"Excuse me?"

"To Sydney," Vaughn yelled. "How can you just pull the plug like that, and not give her a fighting chance?"

"Agent Vaughn..."

"Sydney deserves more, and you know that."

"Agent Vaughn..."

"Sydney has a chance here to recover, the doctor said that, but you're just choosing to ignore the fact..."

"The fact is!" Jack yelled, "That my daughter is dead! She is in a coma, Agent Vaughn. That is no way to continue living."

"Neither is dying," Vaughn countered.

"I love Sydney, and I would never do anything to harm her. But she was shot three times in the chest and in the head...no one recovers from that. No one."

Vaughn doesn't say anything. In fact, he is at a loss of words. He looks at Jack and realizes how much this is paining him...signing off the warrant to his daughters death. Vaughn could never do that, but somehow, Jack could.

"What's going on?"

Both men turned to see Nadia, concerned and weak.

"They're uh..." Vaughn started. But he couldn't bring himself to say it.

"What?" Nadia pressed.

"They're taking Sydney off life support," Jack said.

"What, why?!?"

"Because, she's better off. It is what Sydney wants."

Nadia begins to cry and walks up to the window, looking into her room. "It was Anna." Nadia wasn't asking a question, she was stating a fact and Vaughn knew at that point, Nadia wanted a piece of Anna as well. The doctor looked up at Jack, Nadia and Vaughn and then turned off the switch to the machine and pulled out the tube. The monitor started to beep rapidly, until minute or so later, it flat-lined, showing no pulse...no life. The doctor grabbed the chart and looked up at the clock. Nadia began openly sobbing and Vaughn hugged her offering some support. But Nadia couldn't stand there and watch. She didn't even want to hear the doctor call time...but she did. "Time of death...21:49"

TBC

I'm glad you guys liked that chapter because I presonally wasn't a big fan of it. I felt that it rushed, perhaps, but if you'all liked it, then I'm happy :D

Thanks and I will update later

I forgot to answer...yes, Syd is dead, but you have to wait for the next chapter to find out what happens...I can't wait!

Back