Season 5 Lauren and Spoiler

Is it just me or am I the only one that thinks Melissa George is the best thing that happened to Alias since Lena Olin. Her stepping down to Recurring Role is to me really sad. Lauren Reed and Julian Sark make a great couple. Now Lena Olin is coming back this will be really interesting. Also I have heard that episode 21 and 22 will bring back Katya as Isabella Rossellini.

this isnt really a spoiler...i guess i have nothing against melissa george as an actor, but i think the whole love triangle has unecessarily taken over the show. especially now which is dumb since we already know that vaughn loves syd. i think once shes turned completely evil and is no longer a double agent she'll be a better addition to the show.

Is it just me or am I the only one that thinks Melissa George is the best thing that happened to Alias

It is just you!

Don't get me wrong....I like Melissa George but not for Alias. Although she is better working with Sark than trying to pretend she's a goodie!

King9686 said:
Is it just me or am I the only one that thinks Melissa George is the best thing that happened to Alias since Lena Olin. Her stepping down to Recurring Role is to me really sad. Lauren Reed and Julian Sark make a great couple. Now Lena Olin is coming back this will be really interesting. Also I have heard that episode 21 and 22 will bring back Katya as Isabella Rossellini.
Agreed! :D Although I hate the love triangel! :smiley: Good that she is woth Sarkie! :D

Yeah, I was miffed by the love triangle thing. But I really do like MG. I loved her in Charmed as the Queen of the Valkyrie(sp). When she went on a mission with that auburn tress... *swoon* she makes a better brunette/redhead than a blond.

This is a spoiler because I said " Also I have heard that episode 21 and 22 will bring back Katya as Isabella Rossellini. ".

Lauren being added to the show ruined the whole first half of this season and almost made me stop watching. Seeing her evil side and hooking her up with Sark has improved it somewhat. The last couple of episodes, without so much focus on her, have been much better and remind me of the Alias we know and love from the first couple of seasons.

eww..yea, it iz just u.....a lota ppl hate lauren reed!!i also think melissa george iz ok.....but her character on Alias sucks!!!i also think the luv triangle sucked....and now dat its gone...alias iz gonna b as good as season 1 and 2!!!and no, i dun think sark n lauren wer a good couple....sark is WAY too good fo lauren!! :P

i really like lauren, but i dont think she was the "best thing to happen to alias..." i think that they are stretching out this lauren-is-secretly-evil/syd-vaughn-lauren-love-triangle plotline way to long, its not the character thats the problem, its her drawn-out storyline...

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry:
I mean...I think Melissa George is OK, but Lauren is the biggest B***h ever! I HATE her!! And I agree! Sark is way too good for Lauren. ^_^

Yeah like a lot of people have said...

Melissa George's character, Lauren Reed...just plain sucks! I completely disagree that she is the best thing since Lena Olin. Lena Olin is in a category of her own, she is one of the best actresses I know as well as Isabella Rosellini.

But this is my opinion, I've never like MG's acting...in my opinion she is the worst thing that has happened on ALIAS.

I dont think she is the best thing to happen since Irina, but i dont think she has been a complete failure. She has served her purpose by keeping Vaughn and Syd apart and them not being together simultaneously opens up different storylines to be explored. I have to agree Irina is in a league of her own.

Someone we love to hate? Position already filled: Sloane.

As for Lauren being the best thing that's ever happened to the show? IMO, she's THE WORST thing that's ever happened. Hands down. And it's not because she's married to Vaughn and she's keeping Vaughn and Syd apart... I don't care about that.

I care about the fact that Lauren being on the show makes the show horrible. The writings been a bit dodgy... and her character has been inconsistent. We all know she wasn't supposed to be evil from the get-go. It was just an easy cop out for JJ- he was even close to admitting at the Paley Festival that it was a mistake bring Lauren into the show. And her being reduced to a recurring character next season is even more evidence of his mistake.

First, she's the innocent wife of Vaughn who can't seem to handle a gun. And then boom!- she's a sniper and working for the Covenant. WTF?! And then she gets off on killing people? Riiiiiight. And she's a pretty crappy double agent if you ask me! She almost died when Vaughn asked her what she was doing when she was looking for his flight schedule. And to call your handler and Sark from within the CIA building. Smart move, girlie. Smart move.

And though it doesn't bother me that she's standing in the way of Sydney and Vaughn togetherness... it does bother me that she punched Vaughn for showing that he loved his ex girlfriend, his soulmate. But she can tramp around kissing some guy old enough to be her dad before subsequently stabbing him to death. And then shooting some guard (for no reason, he didn't need to die!) and getting a rush off of it that she needs to jump Sark in the car. Riiiiiiiight. Tramp.

And don't even get me started on the damage she's done to Vaughn and Sark's characters. <_<

The past few eps have been too focused on her, I think she's even had more screen time than Sydney! And definitely more screen time than deserving characters like Jack, Weiss, Sloane, Dixon, and Marshall.

I don't like the development of the Lark ship. Nope, nope, nope! And it kills me to see Sark being so whipped by her! My bad ass, takes no bs Sark being reduced to a whipping boy. :angry: When she doublecrossed him in After Six... and he just stood there. I was about to pull all my hair out! The Sark I know and love would have killed her in an instant for doublecrossing him! But instead, he's so "lovesick" over her and her "impressive" skills. Ugh. Excuse me while I go and puke.

For more reasons to hate Lauren, click on the Anti-Lauren link in my sig. Come join in on the hate!

I have nothing against Melissa George. I just hate the way she portrays her character. It is about time to lay her character on rest. :D :rolleyes:

granted lauren isn't exactly in the same league as irina but melissa george plays her well, however due to the fans reaction of lauren j.j has decided that melissa will only have a recurring role next season. perhaps lauren's character will improve they didn't really write the character of lauren well. dont punish melissa george!

emz

I'm re-watching all the episodes from Season 3, and I tell you: I CANNOT stand Lauren or the idea of her. She was introduced as a nice person which I never bought. I am so irritated by her because it is such a distraction from what should be the main focus: spying, endgames, skeletons in the closet and Spyfam!

I also can't stand the accent -- why they let Melissa George use her natural accent is still beyond me.

I admire the attempt to create tension between Syd and Vaughn, but I think it became apparent to JJ (albeit a little too late) that he needed to resolve the Lauren storyline and make her a foil to Sydney in terms of "spying ability". I hated when they focused on the triangle, but now that Lauren gets to be bad, she is much more tolerable.

That being said, let's get on with the real "Alias" and bring back Lena...I'm actually looking forward to Nadia as well. I hope they make her an ally for Syd -- she needs someone to be girly with...

I saw "Frida" (which Mia played a part in) -- she had beautiful screen registry.

I'm re-watching all the episodes from Season 3, and I tell you: I CANNOT stand Lauren or the idea of her. She was introduced as a nice person which I never bought. I am so irritated by her because it is such a distraction from what should be the main focus: spying, endgames, skeletons in the closet and Spyfam!

I also can't stand the accent -- why they let Melissa George use her natural accent is still beyond me.

I admire the attempt to create tension between Syd and Vaughn, but I think it became apparent to JJ (albeit a little too late) that he needed to resolve the Lauren storyline and make her a foil to Sydney in terms of "spying ability". I hated when they focused on the triangle, but now that Lauren gets to be bad, she is much more tolerable.

That being said, let's get on with the real "Alias" and bring back Lena...I'm actually looking forward to Nadia as well. I hope they make her an ally for Syd -- she needs someone to be girly with...

I saw "Frida" (which Mia played a part in) -- she had beautiful screen registry.

Back