Season 5 Lauren Pregnant

sweet_sarah_grl said:
with all the info coming out that lauren will only be "recurring" next season
What do you mean recurring?!?!?!?!? Ugh...I was praying that she wouldn't be back at all! :angry: stupid lauren.

weissfan79 said:
sweet_sarah_grl said:
What do you mean recurring?!?!?!?!? Ugh...I was praying that she wouldn't be back at all! :angry: stupid lauren.
actually i think they signed her longer than that with a regular role

OasisSparrow said:
weissfan79 said:
sweet_sarah_grl said:
actually i think they signed her longer than that with a regular role
What do you mean by this?

Melissa George was originally only supposed to be a recurring character, then they signed her on for this season. And this season only. Next season, she'll be recurring.

Thankfully. (no offense to Melissa George)

I like that you said no offense to Melissa George. It has bothered me for a while that everyone talks about how they hate her. Do you hate Lauren the character or the Melissa the actress. I think Melissa is obviously doing a terrific job at doing her job if people feel so passionatley against Lauren. Isn't that the idea? We aren't supposed to like her because she is standing in the way of Syd and Vaughn (and she is just plain evil?).
Just my two cents.

I agree. I really like Melissa George; just not her character, but that is the idea. We aren't supposed to like anybody that comes between the characters that we want together. I really think she is an awesome actress but just wished that she wasn't married to Vaughn. That's all. ;)

I just want to jump in and say my two cents.....
There means to be no offense to Melissa George, but Lauren was a failed character. Plain and simple. So of the way the character came across was overwhelmingly cartoonish, and for that I didn't enjoy the character. I am glad she is becoming a guest star rather than staying as a main character, because the triangle type air of season 3 will be less present in season 4. Also being a guest star gives you only a few episodes, which I am all for.

I watched all 4 years of JJ's previous show, Felicity, so I'm familiar with his characters. And Lauren has definately come out as one of the weakest. Melissa George is doing as well as she can with such a character. I'm sure she's a fantastic person. But Lauren just grates on my nerves.

certim said:
I like that you said no offense to Melissa George. It has bothered me for a while that everyone talks about how they hate her. Do you hate Lauren the character or the Melissa the actress. I think Melissa is obviously doing a terrific job at doing her job if people feel so passionatley against Lauren. Isn't that the idea? We aren't supposed to like her because she is standing in the way of Syd and Vaughn (and she is just plain evil?).
Just my two cents.
There is very clearly a difference between "hating" a character because they're in the way of your favorite 'ship and disliking a character alltogether due to the way the actor interprets the writing and carries out that interpretation to fruition on screen.

I am not at all familiar w/Ms. George's previous work. I can tell you that, yes, whoever was the wife was going to have a difficult time being liked by anyone. JG, herself made the comment at the Paley Festival that her character on Felicity was hated because of that exact reason. But after giving the character a chance and keeping my mind open, I can tell you that until she wore the red wig two weeks ago, each time I watched her, I found the acting completely false. I mean, false to the point that I couldn't not just lose myself in Alias for that moment that she was on screen. IMHO, the portrayal of the character is what ruined is for me and caused me to totally shut down when she was present.

I still can't tell if the travesty was/is in the writing that was offered -- well, no. That can't be it. Because we had an entire cast of actors that was given lines from the very same writers and they took that material and made the proverbial lemonaid. So that's not the answer.

Were we supposed to hate her for being in the way, then like her because she was apparently going to be written as bad from the very beginning (JJ said so himself) and the writers wanted to surprise us? How do you get the viewers to feel sorry for a character who complains and whines about the show's herione within her first few episodes? Nah. Sorry. I could go on and on for days (the Chevy's at SD-1, anyone?).

And just in case there was any question, I could really care less about MG personally. I have nothing against her whatsoever outside of the fact that I'd like to see her off of this particular show. I'm thankful the Boren character will be (at the very least) on the back burner for S4. Let's dispense w/the hideous triangle and move on to bigger and better things!

Sorry for the long post. And if it wasn't clear from the beginning, this is all just my humble opinion.

Back