Le Guin Blasts SCI FI's 'Earthsea'

Robby

Helper Bot
Ursula K. Le Guin, the best-selling SF writer and author of the beloved Earthsea series, has gone on the record blasting SCI FI Channel's recent adaptation of her books, Legend of Earthsea, which premiered earlier this week to record ratings.

[Full article @ Sci-Fi Wire]

I'm yet to see the series but I don't doubt they've made a crapper of the series, great book- read it in high school when I was 13, enjoyed it very much (The Wizard of Earthsea that is, not read the sequels)

Demosthenes said:
I'm yet to see the series but I don't doubt they've made a crapper of the series, great book- read it in high school when I was 13, enjoyed it very much (The Wizard of Earthsea that is, not read the sequels)
I must admit, I've haven't read nor seen it yet. What's the general story arc?

I saw the mini series and I have not read the books. I didn't think it stunk but it could of been better it's always tough when you try and make three books a four hour tv movie.

KW802 said:
I must admit, I've haven't read nor seen it yet. What's the general story arc?
Basically it is about a young boy who goes through a long hike on his way to becoming a wizard- think of it as a dark Harry Potter, alot more gritty and set on another world, like Middle Earth, really. It's about 35 years old now, the original story.

Back