Learning to be Content

okay, after reading the alias books... i really like noah......... it's a tough choice between noah and vaughn. who's syd going to choose? ooooh.

sidenote- i wish they hadn't killed off noah. :(

hey everyone!

sorry for the lack of updates... with the board crash, and my own computer crash it's been crazy. but i'm back with a new username because i couldn't access my old one...

anyways, i updated my other fics, and in no way am i abandoning this one, but since my computer went haywire on me a few weeks ago, i lost a lot of my work so i had to start all over again...

i promise to update within the week!

yay! like i said in my other post, glad you're back!

i love your fics... all of them. :smiley: they're so good. they always have me crying.

can't wait for your update!

Oooooooooh...

Can I get a pm when you update???

Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please v

okay, i know that i'm already in way over my head, but here's an update for this fic... one that, i know is long overdue.

just hope you guys aren't totally bored and confused to not want to read it anymore!

(okay, this takes place about a month after the last post) ;)

CHAPTER SIX

Sydney struggled to put on her shoe and reached for the last remains of her tea, which she hurriedly gulped down. She glanced at her watch again and let out a silent curse.

I am so late, she thought frantically. Missing homeroom was okay, but she was giving an exam for her next period and she didn’t want to put it off since she had spent a big chunk of the previous night preparing it for her students.

Vaughn was still in Washington, finishing up some work at Langley, and he wouldn’t be home until later tonight, which meant that she needed to stop by the store early if she wanted to have enough time to make him that Fettuccini Alfredo he loved.

Grabbing her keys, her purse and her files she looked wildly around the living room, making sure she hadn’t missed anything. Just then the doorbell rang. Damn it! “I’ll be right there!” she called out with a sigh.

Balancing all her stuff in one arm, she moved to open the door, prepared to get rid of whoever it was on the other side. Until she was who it was. Her mouth dropped open in shock and every other thought flew out of her mind.

“Noah?” she gasped.

He was thinner than she last remembered, and his upper arm was wrapped in a white gauze, and an ugly bruise marred one cheek. But it was still him, standing right in front of her.

“Hi Syd, it’s been a while,” he began.

Sydney was still reeling from the shock at seeing her ex-boyfriend again, and having him sitting in her living room, drinking tea wasn’t doing much to help her get over it.

At first she had debated whether or not to slap him or send him packing, but the moment he had said her name, in the lazy, knowing tone he always used whenever he was trying to get her attention, she lost all heart to do so.

And now, here he was explaining what happened to him all those years ago.

“The reason why I was requesting Sloane to send you as my partner for the operation was because I had no intention of completing it. I had a lot of money saved up in numbered accounts all over Europe, there was no way he was going to be able to trace it. My plan was for you and I to get out of LA, away from SD-6 and start over somewhere where we’d never have to look over our shoulders again.”

Sydney shook her head slightly. “But Sloane wouldn’t back down, he sent me on that mission with Dixon to Siberia to get the Rambaldi Music Box,” she realized as the picture started to become clearer.

“Exactly,” Noah agreed. “So I sent you an email instead, I encrypted it for a computer to read it as junk mail and so that SD-6 wouldn’t be able to track it. I wrote instructions about when and where we could meet, I arranged for an alias, airplane tickets, passports, everything,” he told her.

Sydney closed her eyes and let out a breath. “I programmed my computer to filter out junk email,” she said. Noah looked surprised and then foolish. “I never thought that was a possibility,” he said shaking his head.

“All this time I thought you just forgot about me,” Sydney admitted. Noah’s eyes grew wide. “Sydney, of course not, I could never do that. I wanted out of the spy gig so badly, but more than anything I wanted to start over with you. I knew that if I did, I’d risk never seeing you again, so I decided to proceed with the operation. But my cover was thin and I couldn’t risk getting caught because there’d be no way out for an extraction.”

“I spent 3 years working in that hell hole since I knew there was no way I could go back to LA without getting the job done. And then I heard that SD-6 and the Alliance was gone. With all the chaos around, I managed to run, unnoticed at first, but I knew it was only a matter of time. So I left Russia and hid in Switzerland with some of our old contacts. I would’ve spent more time there, but my old bosses tracked me down and ambushed me. I managed to get away, and headed over to Italy, that’s when I sent you that message.”

Sydney froze. “What message?” she asked. Noah looked confused as he answered. “The one I sent you over a month ago. I took a chance that the real CIA still had the old SD-6 servers up and that you would have access to them. In my message I told you that I was in Italy, that I couldn’t come home just yet, but needed to see you, to explain everything. I know the message went through, I received the confirmation myself.”

Sydney pressed her mouth into a tight line. “Noah, I never got anything. If you sent something through the SD-6 servers than that means that Marshall or one of the tech guys would’ve received it, and I’m sure they would have passed it onto my dad or Vaughn-“ She broke off when she noticed Noah staring intently at her left hand.

“How long have you been married?” he asked quietly. Sydney clasped her hands together as she stared down at her lap. “4 months,” she answered in the same tone. Noah let out a disbelieving sound.

“Well, I’m sure you made a beautiful bride,” he said, his tone a cross between bitter and sarcastic. Sydney leaned forward, elbows resting on her knees as she pressed her fingers along the side of her head.

“I had no idea you contacted me,” she murmured after a while. She glanced up at him, a sad smile on her face. “And I never thought you’d come back, I thought for sure you’d left me 3 years ago.”

Noah shook his head and reached for her hand. “Syd, I could never do that. All the time I was gone, you were all I could think about, that’s why I was so hell bent on getting home.”

Slowly Sydney pulled her hand away. “Noah, you have no idea how happy I am to see you, especially after everything you’ve been through, but… 3 years is a long time, and things are just not the way they used to be, I’m married now… and I’m going to have a baby,” she told him.

Noah inhaled deeply and closed his eyes. “Congratulations Syd, you always wanted to be a mom Syd. To be honest, I always hoped that you’d still be here when I got back, but I knew deep down that it was a long shot.” He paused and gave her a ghost of a smile. “Any man would be stupid not to grab onto you and never let go.”

okay, i've actually had the draft of this chapter for a while, i re-read it and decided that i was satisfied with what i had come up with... hope you are too!

thanks to all my loyal readers and a big hello to all the new ones!

pms up in a minute! :D

Oh my. My heart is all aflutter....

I'm as torn as Syd is... Noah or Vaughn? Vaughn or Noah?? But I'm leaning more towards Vaughn. Cause he is her HUSBAND. And they are meant to be together.. soulmates. But Noah? Oh man. Who is she going to choose?? I wonder what she said to Vaughn when he came back from Washington... uh oh!

BTW, this is chapter nine, that last chapter you posted was chapter five... am I missing something?

omg!

sorry about that! i updated 3 fics today i'm as confused as hell!

thanks for the headsup!

yep, vaughn is her husband, but noah is her FIRST love, plus there's the whole betrayal thing going on, so we understand her pain, right?? :rolleyes:

okay, something's up with computer because i keep getting disconnected and my username's going haywire....

just wanna apologize for the mix-up in chapters! in the pms i sent out they say 9 when it should actually be chapter 6. thanks aliasgirlie!

Awww I actully feel kinda bad for Noah. But Vaugh all the way baby.... OK anyway that was great hope you update soon. Thanks for the PM.

i feel kinda bad for noah i mean it is sort of like wuts happing on alias(not the baby part and lauren not in there) but yea. She is kinda at a cross road vaughn or noah???? hmmmmmmmmm

Thanks for the pm can twait for the next chapter

Back