Learning to Drive

Driving's Fun.

Do as much as you can with Friends/Family and Professional.

I got my Provisional Licence on the first go and I never thought I would :smiley: ;)

Dani 22 01 1979 said:
I got my Provisional Licence on the first go and I never thought I would :smiley: ;)
[post="1498026"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
So did I :smiley: Both for red and green P's. Although, I failed my first attempt for Learners...thankfully, it was before they increased the prices.

i can apply for my permit next year and im like scared to death lol. i went go cart driving last year at Mountasa (arcade type thing) and i didnt know which was the gas/break (dumb i know!) and i almost ran the guy that worked there over :blush:

Driving gets boring after a while, unless you have a nice car. lol. My sister took me driving before i even had a permit. I don't know what we would have done if we would have gotten pulled over.

And DON'T talk on your cell phone as you drive. That's the worst thing ever, even if you think you can do it and drive at the same time, you're still not as attentive. I can't tell you how many time i've almost been hit by people who are yapping away on the phone.

spy41 said:
And DON'T talk on your cell phone as you drive.  That's the worst thing ever, even if you think you can do it and drive at the same time, you're still not as attentive.  I can't tell you how many time i've almost been hit by people who are yapping away on the phone.
[post="1498307"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
What's worse than people talking on their mobile is people trying to text message. One time I told my cousin off for trying to read a text message while driving, especially since it was late at night and I was in the car with him.

36 days 'til my permit...

Can't. Effing. Wait.

Although I won't be able to get my license until next July at least =(
I have a May birthday so I'll be lucky if I get a slot in Fourth Quarter Driver Ed. and my have to take it over the summer which means not until August then.

I've had my permit for over a month now and I've gotten real comfortable with driving with my family, but I'm nervous to start the behind the wheel with a teacher. Starting next week I have to complete 6 hours of driving with him watching me. I just know I'll do something really dumb. I'm allready not so careful with my speed... :blush: And I know I'll be terrible at parking, especialy parallel parking. :(

i have been driving for over 2 years, driven over 85,000 miles.
and trust me when i say after the first few lessons it will all start to come naturally to you, will stop being so scary.
and after you pass your test, you will forget all the rules lol

I've had my licence for 2 years. I'm a really bad driver and I hate driving! I forget everything when I'm behind the wheel, it's like my brain stops working when I'm driving :thinking: I should practise and drive more but it's so embarrasing. I'm sure everyone is laughing at me when I'm driving..

Oh my word, I was terrible today, I stalled at some junctions and went on some main roads, well not main but main-ish, I was so scared, I've never been so scared in my life, I mean driving is ok, but actually stopping and finding the biting point again quickly and then having to pull away smoothly, I stalled on this mini-roundabout and all these people were behind me, it was terrible 🇳🇴

i can't wait til i get my liscence my brother taught me how to drive when i was 13 lol. My friend who's now 14 same as me decided to take her mom's car for a drive one night in the rain and she's 2 years too young lol.

I've had 8 hours of driving lessons now, and I can actually say I'm getting better, I'm better at clutch control, I drove on a "A" road today, which is pretty major, for the first time and I did 45 mph and 5th gear, I gotta say I'm pretty impressed with myself especially as I didn't do major roads or 40 mph before this lesson which was two hours and I had only done 4th gear once, I hate changing down from 5th to 3rd, I get to neutral and then can't find 3rd and panic! lol :mixed:

Well yeah, they do but people prefer manuals cos they are more fun and you're more involved with the driving, yes it's more difficult than an automatic to learn with but it would be really boring if I didn't change gear and the car did it for me! (y) Next lessons on wednesday, so I'll tell you how I get on!

Well yeah, they do but people prefer manuals cos they are more fun and you're more involved with the driving, yes it's more difficult than an automatic to learn with but it would be really boring if I didn't change gear and the car did it for me! (y) Next lessons on wednesday, so I'll tell you how I get on!

They need to deisgn new cars now where there are gear shift buttons built right into the stearing wheel, where you can shift one geer up or one geer down without having to take one of your hands off the wheel.

Yeah they have those, they have flappy paddle gear box on the steering whell of the car but I like the gear stick! What I want to have is a button for the release of the handbrake cos I always press the button in to release it but I forget to put it down to the floor of the car! :blush:

Back