Learning To Love

Oh and the plot thickens!! Love it! Who the hell is shooting at them though?? God... this sucks... Oncology, what the hell is that anyway?? ill Google it!! awesome chapter, love the action!! was creepy, but sooo good! Thanks for the pm!!

I'm sure Vaughn is suspicious of Syd's veiled "I'm fine!" He is a doctor and knows the signs of cancer.

I hope we find out soon who attacked them and why? I also hope the CIA is keeping surveilance on Syd and Vaughn's house.

Thanks for the PM.

Chris

Cancer???? No! Eek, gun fire...And syd's spending time with Irina and learning Russian. Is that cause she might die soon and wants to know her heritage? Bad thought.
My little sis just asked what "I own Vaughn's holster" means. maybe I won't tell her.

Anji

Alias_Fan0202 said:
wheeeee!  i love this swimming convo that was going on!  i swim 2 hrs a day, too :smiley: but next week i'm swimming 5.  or so.  i love it!  but i wish i had my own pool, too, so i could just swim when i wanted.  i couldn't see the picture, though :(
[post="1374092"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
five hours a day?! yikes! damn that's a lot of pool time... i mean hell i'm like part fish i swear to god but 5... thats too much even for me :lol: and yeah the pic, i took it down cuz my photobucket bandwith is running low... or too high rather.... i can PM it to ya if you really wanna see

annnnnnnnyway
Chapter 77
Michael Vaughn watched the slow, steady rise and fall of his wife’s chest while she slept. It was 3:30 in the morning and he was wide awake, his mind spinning with ideas. This wasn’t an unusual occurrence for him. These past few weeks he had been waking up almost every night and just watching her.
The past two weeks his life had taken quite a turn. Two weeks ago everyone was happy; everyone was safe; everyone was healthy. Now maybe they weren’t so healthy nor were they safe.

His family had been relocated to a safe house after being attacked at their home. All of them: Mel, Irina, Eric and Nadia as well as Sydney and himself had been moved. When Sam joined the CIA he never thought it would affect them, at least not in this way. He was actually a little angry that this had happened but when he saw the guilt in his daughter’s eyes his anger disappeared. He knew she never wanted them in any danger and he saw the terror in her eyes when they were dodging bullets at his home. Still he was worried, but he also had bigger fears on his mind.

His wife, his beloved Sydney... He couldn’t loose her; he wouldn’t loose her. He needed her; he loved her; he couldn’t live without her. Finally he sighed, lay back down and tried to fall asleep. But before he did so, like he did every night, he sent a silent prayer to God, begging that she would be alright.

~*~

The first opportunity she got Sam drove the two hours to the northern New York state safe house in a company car. Tears were pouring down her face by the time she arrived at the cabin. She flew through the door, startling her family inside.
“Were you just not going to tell us? Huh? Is that what was going to happen?” Sam shouted.
“What’s going on?” Mel asked.
“I got the mail for you.” Sam said bitterly, slamming the letter down on the table in front of her mother. Sydney went pale.
“What is it?” Mel asked as everyone crowded around the table.
“Department of Oncology?!” Sam screamed. Everyone looked at her.
“Sam...” Sydney began.
“We’re not stupid, Mom, we know what that means. Why the hell didn’t you tell us?” Sam demanded.
“Your father and I didn’t say anything because we wanted to be sure...” Sydney said quietly, her hands beginning to shake slightly as she picked up the letter.
“Oncology? Like cancer?” Mel croaked. Sydney didn’t say a word; she didn’t move an inch.
Michael slid his chair over to her and put an arm around her back, rubbing it gently. Then Irina walked over and took a seat at the table as well, joining Eric and Nadia who were already there. A few tears slipped down Sydney’s face and fell onto the envelope.
“Two weeks ago,” She began. “I went to the doctor for just a normal visit. They found a lump and had it biopsied... these are the results.”
A heavy silence fell across the room. Sydney just stared at the envelope. Why did all the defining moments in her life have to come in the form of a white envelope addressed to her?
Slowly, she slid her finger under the flap and opened it. She felt Michael’s grip on her shoulder grow tighter and she heard the breath of everyone in the room catch in their chests. She pulled the paper out of the envelope and read it slowly. When she was through she nearly collapsed onto the table from relief. She fell into Michael’s arms and sobbed gently against his chest.
“Its not cancer.” Michael croaked as he kissed Sydney’s head repeatedly.
“Thank god.” Everyone sighed with relief.

It was twenty minutes before anyone spoke again. Sydney wiped the tears from her eyes and turned to her daughter. “So Sam any news on the sniper front?”
“Well,” Sam sighed. “Not really. Chris and I have been working non stop but… we haven’t found anything yet, I’m sorry.”
“That’s alright.” Sydney sighed. “I mean this is kinda like a vacation right?” She asked trying to sound optimistic. Everyone groaned.
“This sucks!” Mel pouted with her arms crossed.
“You’d rather be in school?!” Eric asked in disbelief.
“It’s my senior year Uncle Eric! And I’ll be student teaching in the spring so this is it!” Mel said.
“Oh right…” Eric sighed. “I keep forgetting… you know what its like to have a child graduate and stop going to school…”
“Bitter much?” Sam laughed quietly.
“It’s because Dad is paying half of Dylan’s tuition.” Mel whispered.
“Ah.” Sam said. “Well I should be getting back to work before Chris comes after me; which he’s not allowed to do but he might do anyway… I’ll talk to you guys later.”
“Bye Sam…” They all called.

~*~

Late that evening after everyone was in bed, Sydney finally made it to her bed after cleaning up the kitchen. As soon as she walked into the bedroom her husband swept her up into his arms and kissed her with passion.
“Ohhh I needed that.” She sighed a few minutes of kissing later.
“Me too.” Michael sighed as he rested his forehead against hers. “Syd that letter…”
“I know.” She sighed.
“I was so scared I thought I was going to loose you.”
“I know me too.” Sydney said, tearing up slightly. “The thing that scared me the most wasn’t dying though; it was leaving you.”
“That scares me the most too.” He sighed. “I love you so much.”
“I love you too.” She said, kissing him lovingly.

ADDICTS LIST
1. Louise
2. Freaky
3. SydneyVaughn47
4. stealthy
5. vaughnsgurl4lf
6. alias_luver
7. Alias_Fan0202
8. Xtremelimits08
9. maddy28
10. cute_as_candy
24. Nitty
100. peanutbutter

PM LIST
WindyStar47
texasalias2004
Nancy O
stealthy
sydney_alias_vaughn
sparklingrainbow
PoketRockets11
ASIOagent
ubielecki
vaughnsgurl4lf
aliasfreak8903
agentmoose
Brinne
ChrisM
Alwazabrat
Agent Roberts
gucci_94
anji_alias
batman
fire*N*ice
smartgirl2004
freaky
vaughnshoney
SweetiePie
berry_kyoote_spy88
peanutbutter
superspy
aliasfancarrie7
msu_ruby
Bekirock
Xtremelimits08
shotput25ash
freckles3706
littlemissliketofight
mrs.marshal030791
~VartansGirl~
SydneyVaughn47
maddy28
unauthorized_girl
jughelynj
alias_luver
Alias_Fan0202
Mountaineer4746
catfishally
Alias_rocks_87
Ms.MichaelVaughn
frangipani
mbellsdiva
Bubbles

Thank you for not leting her have cancer. What a releif. I can't wait until tomorrow for the next chapter. I hope that they find these people soon.

texasalias

I am so relieved that it isn't cancer.
Michael did know, that is why he was concerned about her before Sam and Chris had come over and the sniper attack. I can see him watching her sleep and praying that she be alright.

Now, the whole family knows and can be relieved that it isn't cancer. I hope they find the snipers soon so they can all go back home and Mel can finish school.

OMG thank you so much sydney's ok! whew! it really got me so scared... but i'm glad she's ok... the only problem now is the identity of whoever attacked them, i hope they all be ok... thanks for the pm and i hope you update soon.

Awwwww... :love: I missed the S/V interaction so much in this fic. It was good to have a little chap about them. :D I'm so glad Syd doesn't have cancer. I wouldn't be able to go through that. :lol: I'd cry too much. :P Whew, everything seems to be working out... I just hope they catch those snipers. ;) Great job on the update! This was one of my favorite chapters.

Back