Left Behind

Chapter 1: Shopping with Daddy

Vaughn lifted little Michael into the air and plops him into a stroller. "Syd, is Isabelle dressed yet?" Vaughn called down the hallway. "Yeah, you sure you can handle these two by yourself?" Sydney says smiling and holding little Bella in her arms. "Yeah, now is Jack taking you to your doctor?" he asked. "Yeah, and then we will know the gender of our baby." Sydney says smiling. She was pregnant again. Her Vaughn were finally starting a family of their own. Vaughn put Bella in the double stroller next to Micheal. Sydney passionatley kisses Vaughn and walks out the door. Vaughn smiles and looks at his children. "Ready to go. he says to the kids, they stare at him blankly, Michael was just learning to talk; he was two years old. And Bella was about one and a half. They then departed.

The local market wasn't crowded at all. Vaughn looks at the list. He went down the isle and dropped specfic items into his cart. Michael Jr. was crawling beneath him. Vaughn grabbed some baby food and turned his attention to the candy, Vaughns lips curved into a smile as he discreltey dropped a few chocolate bars into his cart. After he did so, he noticed little Michael was missing. He must have crawled away. Vaughn began to panick and swiftly moved his cart throguh each isle. He saw a sharp dressed man picking up his child. Vaughn remained calm and approached the man. "Excuse me, thats my son, thanks for finding him, he must have slipped away." Vaughn says reaching over and grabbing his child.

"Mister Vaughn, you need to be more careful." the man says. "When will you stop, y'know watching over us?" Vaughn said. "Mister Vaughn you know it is protocal, until we know it's alright."the man responded. It was CIA security, they have been everywhere for the past two years. Ever since Lauren killed herself, they have been all around. It was for the saftey of their children. Vaughn put Michael back in his stroller and walked away. "Spinach? You don't need that Mike, how about some Cocoa Puffs!" Vaughn said in a baby voice to little Micahel. It made him smile and giggle. Vaughn dropped the cereal in his cart and approached the next checkout.

RING. RING. His cellphone went off and it was Sydney. "Hey whats up, aren't you at hte doctor with your father?" he said. "They didn't let him out yet. I thought we were past this, he was supposed to be released a month ago." Syndey says. "I postponed my appointment, I'm at the CIA holding cell, I'm trying to sort this mess out." she said. "Alright, I'll be home soon, Love you." Vaughn said. "I love you too." Sydney said hanging up. Ever since Jack killed Sark, he had a big mess with the CIA. Once Dixon was appointed Director, he dropped the charges, and that was a month ago. It was complicated, but Syd needs him and Vaughn to get through another pregnancy.

The next day, Sydney awoke to the smell of eggs and bacon. "Your cooking?" she said walking into the kitchen. "Yeah, thought I would suprise you." he said smiling. Michael and Bella were in their highchairs. "What are these." Syndey said picking up the box of Cocoa Puffs. "Looks like daddy didn't follow the list." she said looking at Michael eating the cereal, her smile drops into a frown when she sees him. For some reason she couldn't adapt to him. It's been to years, but looking at their adopted son, just reminds her of everything she hated about Lauren, all of the betrayal.

She was trying and that was good and she loved the child, but she couldn't handle it. She was moving on without the child, giving more attention to Bella. Little Michael didn't realize, but he was being left behind.

Back