Legacy

OK! Here it is! Finally!! I'm sorry to keep you guys waiting!! Tell us what you think and if I screwed it up like I said I would!! lol!

Chapter 2: Flood

As he watched his daughter leave, he felt a pang of sadness. So much for moving on , he thinks to himself, shaking his head. He gets up off the couch and wanders to his bedroom. Taking a glance around, something glints from the sun and catches his eye. A simple metal band with a single stone on it. Closing his eyes briefly, he runs his fingers over the cool metal.

Memories hit him like a hammer. Painful and happy ones abound through his mind. His eyes pop open as he remembers the worst of them all. Tears threaten to spill as he fumbles to put the ring away. For an instant, he considers letting them fall. No, enough tears have been shed, he tells himself firmly.

He tries to keep the reverie from coming, but the gates open and all that has happened relives itself in his mind's eye.

****flash back to after S/V kiss****

"Syd," I breathed, pulling away from her. She looks up at me, almost embarrassed it seems.

She looks away, licking her lips, mumbling something about being sorry. I catch her chin and turn her to face me again, looking into her eyes. "Hey, don't be sorry," I tell her. "There's nothing to be sorry about."

She smiles for a second. "Vaughn, you're dating Alice. I don't want to ruin anything you and she have going. If you'll excuse me, I'm going to go home, and take a nice, long, hot bath." With that she turns and walks away. My hear plummets when I realize she thinks I'm still with Alice. Damn Alice...why can't she just deal with reality

I start to jog after her, jumping over upturned chairs in my way. "Sydney!" I call after her, but it's too late, she's already exited the building, heading home. Frustrated, I throw my hands up in the air, cursing.

"The kiss couldn't have been that bad," I hear a voice say behind me. "I mean, from where I was standing, it looked like you two were in another world, your lips glued together!" I snort at this. Weiss, I think before turning around. "I'm serious man! I was expecting you two to be lip locked, literally!"

"The kiss was good," I tell him.

"So what's with her leaving? Don't tell me you already ruined the relationship before it started!" He joked.

"She thinks I'm still with Alice," I say tightly, shaking my head.

Weiss pretends to shudder. "See? I told you, you start dating her and it's gonna come back and bite you in the ass. But....I may have a solution," he tells me, grinning like an idiot.

I lift my eyebrows. "Okay, you've got my attention. What is it?" I ask. Weiss pretends to think it over and shrugs. "Com on Weiss," I warn him, "I'm not up for any of your games right now."

He puts his hands up in mock defeat. "Ok, ok. It just so happens that someone found a file on a Ms. Sydney Bristow here," he tells me.

"Yeah and?" I snap impatiently. They guy's a good friend, but he can really get on your nerves some times.

"Well....we have a file on her too...." I stare blankly at him, so he continues. "And in our file, it has her address in it..." I continue staring. "Oh my God, do I really have to spell it out for you?! Look in the SD-6 file for her address, get in your car, and go after her!!" He says, exasperated. He hands me her file." A light switches on in my head and I grab the file from him.

"Thanks Eric," I say, starting to leave.

"No problem," he replies, "but what are you going to say to her?"

"I'm not sure!" I call, climbing all over to get to the door.

"So you're just going to show up at her house without any planning? You're crazy!" I don't hear him. "CRAZY!" he shouts.

Jumping into my car, I turn it on and look at her address. I drive like mad to her house, going well over the speed limit.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~at her house~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What am I doing? I think to myself. I'm sitting outside her house and I'm not getting out. Come on, you can do this, I tell myself. Taking a deep breath, I get out of the car and walk up to her door. Hesitating, I knock. I hear someone coming, I prepare myself. The door swings open and I put on a full smile. It's Francie. She eyes me suspiciously. "Is Sydney home?" I ask.

"Who are you?" She asks right after, narrowing her eyes.

"I'm Michael Vaughn, I work with Syd." A look of recognition crosses her face, but it disappears.

"Oh, so YOU'RE Michael!" Let me go see if I can get Syd," she says, disappearing from view.

She comes back a few minutes later, "I'm sorry, Syd doesn't seem to be in the mood to talk with anyone," she says icily, glaring at me. (Syd told Francie he has a girlfriend, of course Francie gets all motherly and mad, LMAO!)

I sigh with frustration. "Look, please, I need to talk to her. There's been a huge misunderstanding," I try to explain.

"I don't think there's anything hard to understand. You have a girlfriend and that's that." Francie says coldly. "So if you'll just leave," she says pointedly, "that would be good."

"No, there is a lot misunderstood. I have no girlfriend, just some clingy ex- who just can't accept that. Please, let me explain to her," I plead.

"Are you serious? Why didn't you tell Syd earlier?" She asks excitedly.

"Well, I had tried to, but she wouldn't let me. So....could I talk with her?" I ask, flashing a quick smile.

"Yeah, yeah, let me go get her. Oh, come on in," she says, rushing down the hall. I hear words flying, but I can't make them out. Francie comes out looking all flustered. "She's dead set against coming out here, but...she never said anything about you going in there." Grinning devilishly, she grabs me by the arm and drags me down the hall.

I knock on the door. "Francie, I told you, I don't want to talk to him!" I hear her shout. I open the door and stick my head through, smiling sheepishly.

"Hey," I say. She looks up from her spot on the bed and sees me.

Bolting to sit upright, she swipes furiously at her face. "What do you want Vaughn?" She asks stonily.

"A chance to explain myself, Sydney," I tell her firmly.

"There's nothing to explain," she replies, not looking at me.

"Yes, there is," I press, "just give me a few minutes to explain myself. Please?"

She looks up. "Fine, three minutes, no longer. Go," she commands.

I take a deep breath. "First off, I am not dating Alice, we broke up a long time ago." She's about to interrupt, so I plow ahead. "I know what you're thinking, what about at the hospital? The truth is, Alice...she can't deal with the fact we broke up and that I don't love her, so she just makes up that we're still together. Secondly, there was something I wanted to ask you after that kiss, but I wasn't able to ask it earlier. So, may I ask you now?" I finish.

Her face had visibly softened as comprehension dawned on her. She smiles at me, "Yes, you may."

Sitting down beside her on the bed, I take her hand. "Sydney Bristow, for the longest time I have had the hugest crush on you, and due to certain...circumstances, I was unable to make that known. And I'm guessing it was obvious to you, or else you have been blind. Now that the Alliance is gone, I can actually look at you in public without having to worry about getting killed, and I can actually ask you out on a date," I say, starting to get a little nervous. "So, I was wondering if uh, you would do me the honor of going to dinner with me sometime," I finish.

For a minute she doesn't say anything. "Syd? Hello? Say something, this is sorta freaking me out here!" I worry.

She laughs softly. "I musta been so blind if you thought it was obvious. And here I was thinking that it was obvious to you how much I liked you," she says, looking me in the eye. "So, yes, I'd love to go to dinner with you. When?" I ask.

"How about, tomorrow night. I'm not going to say where, it's going to be a surprise," I tell her, grinning broadly.

About to protest, she opens her mouth, only to hear a squeal on the other side of the door. We look at each other. "Francie," we both say. She rolls her eyes. "Fine, but one way or another, I'm going to find out where we're going, She states.

I kiss her hand lightly and get up off the bed. "I ought to go. I have to get home and start on my little mission. I'll call you tomorrow, ok Syd?" I tell her.

She pretends to pout. "I see, so you ask me out and leave two seconds later? It's ok, really. I think you'd better go anyway, before Francie bombards you with questions!" She says, laughing.

About to leave through the front door, Francie grabs me. "I just wantd to let you know, you hurt her, and I will hurt you," she says solemnly. "Syd is my best friend, and I don't want to see her hurt again."

"I promise, I will never hurt her. I'd die before that happens." I tell her. She nods.

"Good, now I can go bother her about you! Bye Michael," she says, closing the door after I leave.

In my car, I let out a long sigh of relief. A smile crosses my face. Finally! I think to myself, pulling out of the driveway and going home.

Yeah, I started to get bored at the end, so if it's weird, just humor me, I didn't know how to stop it, and I couldn't think of any cliffhanger, LMAO!

aliasfreelancer said:
Very nice!!! Hope you continue!!! And I'm assuming it's not Freplica in this fic right? It's the old Francie?
Yeah, this is good ol' Francie. And we're keeping our lips shut with duct tape and being gaurded by "the penguin" (holy music LMAO!) so...you'll just have to wait to see how she went bye bye....and I'm not saying what bye bye means either.

Show love to the penguins... how could I have missed this story? I'm very impressed you guys. You two are putting Untitled (at least my chaps) to shame!

spywolf, I think we've got some competition... ::foreboding musig plays in background:: J/K!

~Me :angel2:

aliasjgfanaticmv said:
aliasfreelancer said:
Very nice!!! Hope you continue!!! And I'm assuming it's not Freplica in this fic right? It's the old Francie?
Yeah, this is good ol' Francie. And we're keeping our lips shut with duct tape and being gaurded by "the penguin" (holy music LMAO!) so...you'll just have to wait to see how she went bye bye....and I'm not saying what bye bye means either.
lol yup we sold our souls to the :devil: penguin so not a word. and thank you so much Alias Elle, but i dont' think our fic can compete with yours for a long shot. At least not for a while any ways. :D
--Mandy :angelic:

mystery_chick said:
aliasjgfanaticmv said:
aliasfreelancer said:
lol yup we sold our souls to the :devil: penguin so not a word. and thank you so much Alias Elle, but i dont' think our fic can compete with yours for a long shot. At least not for a while any ways. :D
--Mandy :angelic:
Yes! Sell 'em to the penguins! The penguins rock!

Sorry, off topic-- well then, touche. No, but seriously, spywolf is just the brains behind our operation. I'm-- I actually don't know what I am. Now there's something to think about... :blink:

~Me :angel2:

wow!!! you guys are great!!! and just to tell u so the pengiun doesnt get u !!u better not tell anyone. pengiuns can be very evil if they want to!!!! SO be carefull. plez post more soon!

Yay! new chap!!! one of the longest chap that i've EVER written! Aren't you guys just proud of me???!!! :lol:

Chapter 3: A Taste Of The Past

Vaughn put the engagement ring down, feeling the pain of loss coursing though his veins. He put the ring back on his dresser the photo of his daughter’s graduation picture caught his eyes. She looked soooo happy with her graduation gown on. It was a picture of Vaughn and her…. Sydney should’ve been there. Beside the picture was a rose. A rose that was dried up which made a bookmark.

******************* Flash back to first date**************************
It was 3 am before I got into bed. Everything was done, everything will be perfect. The next thing I knew was my alarm clock beeping. I bolted from my bed, knowing that it was 10 am and I needed to get ready now if my plan was to work. I took a shower, fixed my hair, got dressed all under 1 hour, all casual because I knew it was gonna be a long night. Then I called Sydney.
“Hello?”
“Hi, Francie?”
“Yes, who is this.”
“It’s Michael. Remember, you met me last night.”
“Of course. Hold on a sec, I’ll go get Syd.” I waited patiently but only to hear two voices squeal, then one of the voices cleared her throat.
“Hey.”
“Hey.” I said back.
“What’s up.”
“Start getting ready.”
“What? Already?!”
“Will you trust me! You’ll find out why eventually. Oh and dress casually.” I hanged up after I said that. On second thought I completely turned off my phone just so that she can’t blame me for not picking up. I went to the flower boutique where I ordered a dozen dozen roses for Sydney yesterday to make sure that they were already on their way to be delivered. Then I went to the chocolate store across town. They made only the best Belgium chocolate in so many different shapes. I bought 6 white chocolate roses and 6 dark chocolate roses. For so long in so many years I was truly excited about a date. I couldn’t believe it, I was going on a DATE with SYDNEY BRISTOW! The woman that I’ve been dreaming about for so long. Just the thought of it made my heart skipped a beat. I carefully placed the chocolate roses on the passenger seat and finally started towards Sydney’s house. By the time I got there it was already 3 pm. I picked up the roses and walked up the drive way, at the same time I wiped my sweat hands on the pants. Even before I knocked on the door, it flew open and out come Sydney greeting me with a long and passionate kiss. I didn’t even noticed that my lungs were screaming for air, but on the other hand neither did she. We finally broke apart when Francie cleared her throat.
“Um.. Sorry to interrupt, not that I‘m not glad that you two are now happy, I do have to warn you that you are PDAing.”
“What’s PDAing?” I asked dumbly.
“Public displaying of affection.” Sydney replied causing both of them to giggle.
“But seriously Vaughn, we didn’t even go on our first date yet and you sent me a dozen dozen red and white roses. I mean oh my god, you are like the best guy ever!” She hugged me fiercely.
“Um… actually not exactly.” I handed her the bouquet of chocolate roses.
“Oh my god, Vaughn!”
“I just want this to be perfect.”
“It will be perfect silly, going out on a dinner is just perfect enough already!”
“Alright then. You ready to go?”
“Ya, hold on just let me get my coat. Come on in.” At that moment, for the first time, I noticed that she was wearing. A white tank top with a denim skirt that went right above her knees, she was also wearing a strappy black heeled shoes.
“Dressed to kill.” I commented. It made her laugh. Oh god, her laugh, it was like music to my ears, they sound like the melt water streams hitting the stones on its path right when the snow melts. It sent a chill down my back. She put on a light zip up sweater and looked at me for approval. I smiled, a smile that couldn’t possibly get any wider. I found the perfect woman I thought. I knew that we had to spend the rest of our lives together. I offered my arm and she gratefully looped her arm with mine. When we got to the car I just had to ask her something.
“Sydney, do you trust me?” she frowned
“Yes. Of course, why do you ask?”
“Turn around.”
“What?”
“Just turn.” she eyed me suspiciously and turned around. I took out the ribbon that was in my pocket and blind folded her.
“Hey!” she suddenly protested.
“What? don’t you trust me.”
“Ya, but I don’t appreciate being blind folded on our first date.”
“Oh but that’s half the surprise.” I said back playfully and starting to lead her to the passenger side. She sighed in defeat.
“You will pay for this Michael Vaughn, you seriously will.”
“Alright, as long it’s from you I can endure it.”
“Oh you have no idea what I am capable of.” even under the blind fold I could just tell that she have a sly glint in her eyes. I laughed, something that I haven’t truly did since I was eight. Sure, once in a while Eric’s bar jokes makes me laugh, but it was out of cheesiness. I kept her fully blinded through the whole drive, not even allowing her to open a window fearing that a sound might ruin the surprise. When I found a free parking spot I parked the car, then I took my walkman out of my gym bag from my back seat. She squirmed a little when I put on the headphones.
“Wwwwhat are you doing??” She asked.
“Making sure that my surprise doesn’t get ruined.” I said back.
“Don’t you thing it’s a bit too much?”
“Nothing is too much for you Syd.”
“I’ll take that as an compliment.”
“Yup, you do that.” She crossed her arms across her chest and pouted, I laughed again. I swear, the woman is like a laughing disease! Not that I think she’s stupid or anything but she’s just so goddman cute!
“Vaughn, I look ridiculous.” She said as I guided her and walked towards some where.
“You don’t look ridiculous.”
“Tell me honestly. How many people really come to the airport blindfolded by their new boyfriend everyday?”
“That depends.”
“Depends on what?”
“Depends on who you are.”
“I am one of those people who notice strange things.”
“Really?”
“Yes.”
“Fine! I give up! But this better be worth it.” she mumbled.
“It will be, I promise.” I said and leaned down to kiss her silky soft cheek. By then we were where we were suppose to be.
“Syd, I need you to step up.” I said, and she did.
“Now again, and again.” I instructed her slowly.
“Vaughn why am I climbing stairs when we’re in the middle of no where?”
“Damn, I should’ve plugged your nose too.”
“If you did, you wouldn’t have an arm right now.”
“Just keep stepping Syd.” I said, in my weak attempt to change the subject. When the door closed behind us I took off the headphones off her and she quickly ripped her torturous blindfold off herself. Her eyes blinked a few times to adjust to the dim light of the interior of the plane.
“Vaughn…We’re in a plane… Why are we in a plane? A private jet none the less.”
“I can’t answer that. Come on lets just sit.” I stepped side ways and offered her the window seat, she gracefully slide into the seat.
“Whhhyyyy???”
“Because it’s half the surprise.”
“That’s what you’ve been saying this whole time.”
“I know.”
“Are you ever gonna give me a whole answer?”
“Eventually.”
“Can we play twenty questions?”
“Only if it’s true or false. And you owe me a kiss for ever questions that you ask that’s false.”
“What?! Where’s the fairness in that!”
“Well it’s either you find out something, or nothing at all. Your choice.”
“Fine! But also yes and nos.”
“Okay, then wait till we’re airborne.” Twenty minutes later they’ve reached altitude and was flying perfectly.
“Okay so the questions.” I said.
“Yes the questions. Um…” I looked at her with a smile on my face, knowing that she’s going to get so many wrong questions and myself was going on a ride of pleasure.
“Are we gonna end up some where else in the US?”
“Nope.” I grinned at her devilishly.
“Put it on the tab, I’ll pay later.” She said groaning.
“What?! I’m not that ugly am I? It’s not like I’m a toad or something.”
“No… you’re more like prince charming.”
“And you’re like the beautiful Belle.” she giggled.
“You only like her because her name was French.”
“No. she was just less freakish than all the rest.”
“Ya, I liked Belle a lot too.”
“Okay, second question. Are we going some where exotic?”
“No.”
“True or false, We’re going to Italy.”
“False. Man, Syd, you suck at this.”
“Shut up, or I’m not paying my tab.”
“Oh yes you are, cause I’m making you.” I gave her an evil look, and she burst out laughing. So that went on for the next hour or so. In the end she only got two right answers out of me. We were going to Europe and we have been there before. Together.
“Time to pay your tab missy.”
“Wait, let me walk around first, I’m already getting a leg cramp.”
“Oh no you don’t, you’re gonna pay the tab first.”
“Vaughn…” she whined again.
“Fine, Let me show you the better part of this plane.”
“There’s a better part to this private jet?”
“What do you expect?!” I led her through a door and down a flight of short stairs. We walked into a fine carpeted room that was furnished with a sofa and a small screen and a projector for movies. In the corner a bed that looked feather soft. A smaller room was to the left that was a kitchen with a stove some pots that was behind locked cabinets so that they don’t fall over and a microwave. Also on the shelves where cans of food and instant popcorn.
“Like it?” I asked
“Are you kidding me? I love it!”
“Good. Popcorn?”
“YES!” Ten minutes later we were on the couch watching The Lord of the Ring: The Fellowship of the Ring. Her tab temporarily forgotten, she was sitting in my lap and I can feel the heat radiating from her body.
“It’s so sad.”
“What? The movie? I actually never thought that it was really that sad, it’s more of an epic tale and everything.”
“NO! not the movie. It’s more of the love between Aragorn and Arwen. It’s more or less forbidden yet they truly love each other and love did come through in the end.”
“Oh gee thanks for ruining the ending of the third movie for me.”
“Oops sorry.”
“Kinda sounds like us don’t you think.” She looked up at me with her deep brown eyes, but doesn’t say anything.
“You want to know what happened after?”
“Sure.”
“They got married, had lots of children. But after so long he died, and then she died… of a broken heart.” she said softly. Her head slumped on my shoulder and let out a soft breath.
“That is sad.” But then I noticed that I was talking to myself because her eyelids were closed and she fell asleep in my lap. I probably fell asleep soon then too because the next thing I knew was me waking up to a sudden jerk of the plane flying over a current. I looked around to find Sydney was staring at me with her mesmerizing eyes.
“Hey.”
“Hey yourself.”
“Are we there yet?” I checked my watch.
“Actually yes believe it or not.”
“Really?!” her voice was so excited, it sounded like a five year old.
“Yup. About another hour at most. But there is something that you’ve forgotten.”
“What?” she looked completely clueless.
“The tab.” she grinned devilishly.
“Ohhh so you want the tab now don’t you.”
“Oh ya, definitely.” She leaned towards me and her lips touched mine. From that the next thing I really remembered was that I had to re-blindfold her.
“That’s no fair.”
“Yes it is.”
“How is that fair!”
“It just is.” I said and finally managed to tie the knot on the ribbon. I replaced the headphones back on her head and lead her out of the plane. With my previous arrangements I didn’t have to go through custom. I lead her out of the airport and into an limo. Well she didn’t know it was a limo, all she knew was that what ever it was had really soft seats. The drive to our destination was long and silent, but after half an hour she became fidgety so I took a hold of her and place her on my lap and hugged her so she wouldn’t squirm. She sighed in contentment. Finally we got to get out Sydney was practically jumping through the limo roof.
“Take them off! Take them off!” She cried, I fought the urge to burst out laughing. When I did remove the blindfold she gasped. Then I felt that my ribs were being broken, she was hugging me so hard that I couldn’t breath.

--mandy :angelic:

This fic is the cutest thing ever!! I'm surprised at myself that I don't know where they are!! so where are they? This is so sweet and I can't wait for more!

tsk, tsk, impatient are we? :lol: just wait. it might be a while before you find out. And i'm not excatly sure if you really do want to find out what happened :devil: MWHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
--mandy :angelic:

Back