Legacy

Okay i'm guilty for being lazy and not typing this up. This have been done for a LONNNNNNNNNGGGGGG time but i was lazy so... :lol: anyways hope you guys like :D

Chapter 5:
I heard the faucet being turned on and the sound of a toothbrush being run under the water. And the thought of her being in the next room tempts me to go to her and hold her, to check and double check that she’s really there and that she’s really mine. I want, no, I need to know that she loves me as much as I love her, so I followed my desires and wake into the bathroom. She’s still working on her teeth, brushing like I never saw anyone else ever brushed before. I walked up behind her and put my arms around her waist, which reveals my presence to her. She looks up at my reflection in the mirror and smiles with her mouth still full of bubbles. I chuckle at her reflection as she starts rinsing. Finally when she was done, she stands up and turns around facing me. I can feel her arms snake around my neck. I lean in, to kiss her good morning but she pulls away. When I look into her eyes I see a gleam of playfulness, which makes me smile. She smiles back at me with her knee-melting smile and whispers

“Morning.”

“Morning” I whispered back. “Do you love me?” what I asked shocked both of us. I didn’t even plan on asking her straight out. I see doubt and confusion swimming in her eyes and I knew she would say no, that it’s too soon and that she will later. But she says, “Yes.” Quietly, I almost didn’t hear her, but I did and my heart swells. I look into her eyes to reassure myself that I didn’t hear wrong and that it’s not a trick that the fans are playing on me. All I see is love and passion in her eyes and I lean in to kiss her. This time she didn’t pull away.

“I love you.” I said as I pull back from her luscious lips.

“I love you too.” Just hearing those words send a chill down my spine and I shivered. Soon I was kissing her again.

*~*~*~*~*~* End Flashback*~*~*~*~*~*

End POV

He was snapped back from his day dream by the ringing of his phone

“Hello?”

“Agent Vaughn? This is Devlin.”

“Hi, sir… uh… what makes you call my house today?” Vaughn stuttered,

It wasn’t everyday that The Director himself called him, in fact, he
usually doesn’t even get called, It have always been the beeper that the CIA most fancied using. Today however seemed to be different.

“We have a situation.” There was urgency in his voice. “We need you here right away.”

“Sir, I don’t have my car.”

“Excuse me?”

“I don’t have my car, my daughter took mine,” he said feebly, scared to question the assistant director. Devlin sighed.

“Take a bus Agent Vaughn.”

“Yes sir,” he said. Just as he hung up he heard his car door slam shut. His daughter was home; he walked out to the driveway to greet her.

“Hey honey.”

“Hey dad.”

“Keys.” he commanded, his daughter dropped some of her shopping bag and reached into her pocket for the car keys.

“You have to go in?”

“Ya, I was going in anyways.”

“Okay.” she gave him a kiss on his cheek. “Be safe.”

“I will” She has known the truth for a while. Before Sydney left he thought he would quit the agency, go back to law and have a normal happy life with her. But now…. Now it’s different. The agency is the only thing that reminded him of her, other than their daughter. Sometimes he would work just so he remembers her. The memories weren’t vague either, they were easy to come by, but the pain that it would bring after wasn’t as easy deal with. Sometimes, it would hurt him so much that he’d get sick and that’s when his daughter would worry. Many times, she has told him to go talk to a psychiatrist but he doesn’t listen, no one would understand his story, no one, not even her, at least not yet. One day she would, just not now. Now all she has to understand is the truth, that her parent’s once worked or still works at the Central Intelligence Agency. That her dad’s trips are not only long and faraway but also classified and dangerous. That her life was different from anyone else’s the moment that she was born.

He backed the car out of the driveway and took the now familiar rout for the medium sized house that they shared to the CIA LA headquarters. Once inside he headed to the briefing room where he knew he was expected.

“Agent Vaughn.” Devlin acknowledged as soon as he walked in “Please have a seat.” Vaughn obeys. A picture of an attracted woman popped up on the big screen in front of the room.

“Ivana Pallezolo. Italian scientist, neurologist, mother of three. She looks incredible.” Devlin commented. Vaughn looked at him weirdly.

“Incredibly normal that is. Smart woman, loving mother. But. She has a little habit of dealing with the black market.” An analyst that Vaughn has never seen before started.

“There are millions of people dealing with the black market. Why are we going after her?” The analyst slid a manila folder across the table.

“Mrs. Pallezolo seems to have a hobby with collecting nuclear warheads.”

“Nuclear warheads?!”

“Apparently, there are rumors about the French Mafia funding her hobby but no one knows why.” The analyst sat down waiting for Devlin to give the mission plan.

“Your mission is to discover and infiltrate her warehouse, download any information you can from her laptop in her office at the warehouse and take picture of the interior. Agent Vaughn, you’ll be on point along with Agent Lancer.” Devlin slid two mission portfolios towards them. Agent Lancer was sitting near the end of the table so Vaughn didn’t’ notice her. She was a woman about 30, bright brown eyes and brown hair.

“The discovering part may take some effort and time, once you have the location report with a raid day. Once you get the intel you will be extracted. Reservations have been made for you at the hotel La Blanch where numbers of the French mafia have been sighted to stay. It would be easier to start there. That’s ll. Opt tech will have your gear, plane leaves in 5 hours. You may go.”

The analyst rushed out of the door while the rest of them took their time gathering their stuff.

“Mr. Devlin.” Vaughn called out.

“Yes?”

“How long.. You know, how long would this take?”

“I don’t see why that’s so important.”

“My daughter’s birthday is in a few weeks. I would like to be here.” Devlin sighed.

“Agent Vaughn I know that being a single father is very difficult especially with our job, but I can’t guarantee you anything.” he sighed. “Two weeks, Three weeks tops.” His daughter’s birthday was in 3 ½ weeks so he could make it back in time, hopefully.

“Thank you.” he said, just as about when he was going to leave, someone tapped him on his shoulder.

“Excuse me, Agent Vaughn?” a sweet female voice asked. He turned around.

“Yes?”

“I don’t think we’ve been properly introduced. I’m agent Lancer. Margaret Lancer.” she said holding out her hand. Vaughn shakes it.

“Michael Vaughn. It’s nice to meet you.”

“You too. It’s actually an honor, I’ve seen your profile. It’s… impressive, for the lack of better words.” she said with a giggle. He smiled back politely.

“I’ve seen better.” Sydney, Sydney was always better. She was the best, the top agent. God he missed her like crazy.

“Well I guess we should head to op tech.” she said walking off.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Vaughn’s POV

Toothbrush, check, hair gel, check, clean undies, check. Picture albums! The one thing that I can’t leave without. I look the worn out leather bound photo album from the table beside my bed. I still look at it at night. I just stare at her face wishing that the pictures would come to life, just like in Harry Potter. I wish I can just see her once again, dimples sowing when she smiles, you would think that after almost 18 years I would move on, but that‘s not possible for me. I don’t think it would be ever possible for me to leave Sydney and move on.

In my drawer underneath where I keep the big, black leather bound album was a small pearl white one. I bought it in a photo shop nearly 18 years ago. It was a baby book, for my daughter. There was no writing in it, but I made sure that I updated it from time to time. I have pictures from since when she was two weeks old, when she was still in her mother’s arms, to 17 and a half and in her boyfriend’s arms. Of course I get jealous from time to time when I look at that picture of her and Alex, but that’s just me and my over protectiveness. One more picture will completely fill the book. That picture would be in there in 3 ½ weeks when she turns 18. I placed the two books on the top of my luggage and closed the suitcase.

“Trip again?” I look up and see her looking at him.

“Ya, I’m sorry, something came up.” she nods.

“How long will you be?”

“Around 3 weeks. I’ll be here for you birthday. I promise.”

“Alright. Then eat before you go.” she led the way to the kitchen. I can hear from her voice that she was upset with me. I chase after her.

“Honey, look I’m sorry, but it’s my job.” I pleaded with her.

“I know dad, but you have family too.” I frowned. My mother passed away 3 years ago and Jack and I are rarely in contact, I said I’d be back by her birthday…

“My birthday is in two weeks dad, not there.” she said seeing the confusion in my eyes. I frowned. Her birthday was April 17th unless I remembered wrong…

“It’s April 3rd today dad.” I looked at the calendar. Damn it! It was still on March. I hit myself on the head. How stupid Vaughn! You’re such an idiot. She looked at me sadly.

“It’s okay, I’ll spend the day with Jen and Alex and then we can do what we planned on when you get back.” I sighed, frustrated.

“Look, if I don’t’ make it back, I promise I’ll make it up to you.”

“It’s okay, just be safe okay?” I nodded, she was so understanding, so much like her mother. I didn’t know what to do.

An hour later, I’m sitting in the economy class of a 747 jumbo jet waiting for the plane to take off. My hand went into my pocket and I ran my finger over the engagement ring again. It wasn’t the first time I’ve brought it on a mission, but it wasn’t as much of a ritual as my routine with the photo albums. Italy… the history of that country. The amount of history that we’ve left there of us. I leaned back slowly and let the memories come back… Rome… Trattoria di Nardi.. And white lilies.

(y) / (n) or should i just hand the fic over to Jo? :thinking:
--Mandy :angelic:

Great Job! Since its been so long that you've updated....I'm a little confused. Where's Syd..I'm guessing that she's (gasp) dead? O well. I love this though! Thanks for the update..please update more often I want to know what happens! Thanks for the PM!

wow that was great, but wait a sec... did you flash forward? or something... anyway thanx so much for the pm and i really liked it. waht is his daughter's name? or did i miss that? anyway...good job!!!

i think syd is missing presumed dead? im right arent i Mandy? and im really pleased u brought this back again, great chap!

PLEASE continue!! I love this fanfiction! I have read fanfiction for a long time and I have to say this is the **FIRST** prize winner!! That is the best rating from me, especially since I've read about 150+ fanfics, GH, Alias, etc.!! Please continue!!!! :D

Back