Lena Olin in Hollywood Homicide

Azhria Lilu

Captain
From ComingSoon.net:

Lena Olin is not just the love interest in Hollywood Homicide. She is that, of course, and has a bizarre love scene with Harrison Ford and a donut, but as a Los Angeles psychic, she becomes integral to the plot. The action comedy combines a tough cop thriller with all the flakiness of Hollywood, and that blend is what drew Olin to the script.

“For me it was so cool that it was a story and a character that was comedic, because I tend to get very dangerous or dark characters,” Olin said. “So the fact that it was so lightweight and funny was very appealing to me. Also I responded to the story, this fantastic picture of Los Angeles with the grittiness and it seems real, because that’s how weird life is here I guess. It had a funny element, the way I like funny, because reality is funny, clashes between people, the characters, Josh and Harrison’s character and my character. I think it was a very compelling story.”

The chance to shoot in Los Angeles seems unique in an era where most films are shot in Canada or Australia, but Olin found the LA shoot easy. “It’s easy because it’s made for movies. This is a place that built for movies, so everything is catered to making movies, from props to make-up and clothes and the people that are here, and it’s very easy, it’s very convenient. But then, the problem with guys like Josh and Harrison, when we were trying to do the car chase in Beverly Hills, it takes five minutes and then the street, there’s no way there can be a chase, we have to creep like four miles an hour because we were haunted by all these women, like, “Harrison, Josh!’ It’s not possible to shoot with these guys, because women just come up from nowhere.”

Playing a psychic in the film made Olin reflect on her own feelings of psychic powers, in which she does believe. “I realize now what big part it is in my life. It’s a very private thing, but I realize that almost every major decision in my life is based on a sixth sense, a notion. I wait for an answer, I never go to the rational reasoning or the facts, and these can be major things. When our family picked up our stuff and moved to New York, it was based on a notion, ‘I think we should go and live in New York. Okay, let’s do that.’ That’s how I make all my major decisions. From the outside it may seem to be the wrong thing to do, but I think it all comes into place for me. But it’s all a very private thing, and it’s things that I do in my daily life just to keep the powers in place that are a little weird maybe, but that’s sort of how I handle fear and how I keep safe. I think I keep myself safe by doing a lot of these things, but it’s a very private thing. I’ve never gone to a professional, somebody who says ‘I can read your future.’ I’ve never done that, but it’s a major part of my life.”

Most of Olin’s scenes are with Ford. She admitted she had some preconceived ideas of her costar before meeting him. “I’m not basing that idea on Indiana Jones, the cool guy on screen, or What Lies Beneath, oh he must be scary. I’m basing it on the fact that he has been such an icon, and I think that being a movie star of that magnitude for so many years can change people a little bit. Not like they become big, fat, *ssholes, but it’s hard to be considerate and be there for other people, certainly for a guy who spends his whole life being like, ‘Oh Mr. Ford, here’s the door, do you want another donut?’ It just changes people as men. A guy should be like, ‘After you,’ or ‘Are you cold sweetheart?’ And that’s something that’s surprising that he kept that so intact. He will treat women as women, and be polite and sweet the way a guy should be, and he’s not ruined by the fact that he’s had 10 million people catering to him for so long.”

Read the full article here.

Wow can't wait to see the movie. She sounds like a really down to earth kinda gal, and she knows what she is talking about which is a really good thingconsidering you get some actors who are know nothing about the real world. Yay Lena!!!

Can't wait to see this film. although My mates probably won't, oh well I'll be a saddo and go by myself! lol

I have seen a clip of one of her scenes, and it's much like her early season 2 work on Alias. As in, the way her character acts.

Derek said:
I have seen a clip of one of her scenes, and it's much like her early season 2 work on Alias. As in, the way her character acts.
Is that a good thing/a bad thing? The more Lena the better! :D

I went to see it and it is definatly only a role Lena Olin could play!!!! She is kinda weird in it in the sence she is a phsyic so. Yeah but it is a really good movie.

Back