Lena Olin

The reason is that David Anders is a "regular" according to ABC, while Lena Olin as Irina is a "recurring guest star". Yes, there has been more to talk about Irina-wise recently, and I would create an Irina forum, but she's only signed up for 13 episodes - which may mean she is leaving soon unless her contract is extended.

But if she is still talked about in a few episodes, a Lena Olin forum may be created. The reasons there is an Irina forum is...well... I didn't create it do I don't know.

Well.. they're both in the opening credits and Irina is way more important than Sark. And Lena signed for 16 episodes. DA signed for 14. That's unfair :(

Guess we'll just have to wait til she signs for the next season. And we don't even know if there will be a next season (n)

Thanks Charlie ;)

Charlie said:
The reason is that David Anders is a "regular" according to ABC, while Lena Olin as Irina is a "recurring guest star". Yes, there has been more to talk about Irina-wise recently, and I would create an Irina forum, but she's only signed up for 13 episodes - which may mean she is leaving soon unless her contract is extended.

But if she is still talked about in a few episodes, a Lena Olin forum may be created. The reasons there is an Irina forum is...well... I didn't create it do I don't know.
Thanks, Charlie!!!
(y) :D

It's strange that a "recurring guest star" appears in the opening credits. But, given Lena Olin's resume--and the number of episodes--I suppose I shouldn't be surprised at the special treatment . . .

(I wonder if the episodes in which she had no dialog count toward the total? They could have been filmed when she was present for the other ones because she wasn't interacting with any of the other main characters. And I know that there's a difference in the way extras are treated whether they have lines or not. Hm.)

Let's hope that now there's a third season Irina Derevko will be around. Without Mom some of the drama around the spy family would be lost.
Find a way, producers, to keep Lena Olin.

Back