Less 'Lost' in February!

Alias_Gay

Ensign
Less 'Lost' Sleep in '08

ABC hopes to return show to earlier timeslot by Rick Porter

NEW YORK -- So, ABC Entertainment president Stephen McPherson, do you want "Lost" in an earlier timeslot next season?

"Saturday morning, 7:30," McPherson deadpanned to reporters Tuesday morning.

But seriously, folks: When "Lost" does begin its fourth season in early 2008, McPherson is hoping to put it in an earlier timeslot than its current 10 p.m. ET berth. "I think it's better as a 9 o'clock or 8 o'clock show," he says.

The show's move to 10 p.m., which came at the end of a three-month hiatus, has resulted in a ratings dropoff, at least in the "live plus same-day" numbers Nielsen releases -- that is, people who watch the show either as it airs or within a few hours. After averaging 17.8 million viewers for its first six episodes in the fall, the show has hovered in the 12 million-viewer range since its return in the same-day numbers.

However, McPherson says that "live plus seven" ratings -- which also account for people who record the show and watch it within the next week -- give the show a pretty good-sized bounce. "We literally saw a doubling between ['Lost' airing in] the 9 and 10 p.m. slot in TiVo-ing, more than double actually," he says. "I think that's a factor of it being on at 10; more people are DVR-ing it."

In Tuesday's announcement of the schedule for 2007-08, McPherson didn't give "Lost" a specific spot in the lineup when it returns, most likely in February 2008. He did say it's likely to remain on Wednesdays, and reiterated that he'd like the show to air before 10 p.m., but where it lands will depend on how ABC's lineup performs in the first half of the season.

"Listen -- its a great position to be in," he says. "We're going to see where we are coming into the spring and see what happens. It's a tool to use."

I actually like it at 10..I have more time to get everything done that I need to get done for school the next day, then I watch it and go to bed. It's very convenient.

I actually like the late time too because I can get my kids to bed and then sit down to watch it. But if it stays on Wednesday then it won't matter for me what time it's on since I will probably have a school class on Wednesday nights from 7-10. :angry: Good thing I have a dvr!! :lol:

ABC Sticks With 'Lost' Plans
Partial season on track despite strike
November 8, 2007

Is an unresolved half-season of "Lost" better than no "Lost" at all?

ABC apparently thinks so. The network is -- for the moment, anyway -- holding to its plan to introduce the fourth season of "Lost" in February, Broadcasting & Cable reports. The decision stands in contrast to FOX's strategy for "24" -- rather than airing episodes produced prior to the writers' strike, FOX has put the show on hold until production starts again and it can air a full, unbroken season.

"Lost" has finished shooting eight of its 16 episodes this season, and executive producer Damon Lindelof has been quoted as saying that the eighth hour ends in a cliffhanger. How long fans of the show would have to wait to see the resolution is an open question. Both Lindelof and fellow showrunner Carlton Cuse are walking picket lines with the Writers Guild and, like others in their position, have pledged not to work at least until negotiations restart.

Neither the guild nor the media companies on the other side of the table have expressed any desire to resume talks in the four days of the strike.

ABC has a few other scripted series on tap for midseason: the comedy "Miss/Guided" and dramas "Eli Stone" and "Cashmere Mafia," all of which have at least a few episodes in the can. The network also has a bundle of unscripted shows on tap, ranging from another cycle of "Dancing with the Stars" to the ballyhooed do-gooding series "Oprah's Big Give."

There's no official word yet on a specific premiere date for "Lost," or which timeslot it will occupy on ABC's schedule

What do you guys prefer?

the cliffy
if we had to go 2 yrs without lost before it was back on again, it would loose so much momentum it would be officially deadedned -- no one would remember what happened
as it is, im a little foggy... charlie died, right? haha

Ok... I'm dying with this whole writer's strike. Is Lost really going to be starting in February? If not i'm going to need some new shows to watch... Anyone know of anything new coming out in 2008?

Back