lets speak hebrew

she said lets hope there are no suicide bombs tommrowo
my reply: ken ken (yes yes)
everyone today is yom hazikaron (day of remembrance) and in israel this holiday is taken much more seriously than in the us. the us has not had to fight around five wars in a span of 50 years, so israel knows a lot better what casualties means and we have a saying in israel "all israel are brothers" (kol yisrael achim) and everyone grieves for those lost and for the families who have lost someone. it is hard to find someone iin israel who doesnt know someone who has been killed in war. please everyone out there pray for peace in the middle east and that we do not have any more casulties (since 1947 the count is at 20,197 Killed)
Tommorow is Yom Haatzmaut (independance day) and we also have much more celebrations in israel than the us does for july fourth. if u live in los angeles there is a huge festival going on at woodley park on may 2, hope to see someone there (last year there were 45 000 people inside the festival)

since this is also the jewish category pleaswe write in parenthesis what u said, i wish i were israel too btw

is there alias in israel? how hard is it to access? im going for a semester of my junior year. im VERY excited...i know very little hebrew, but im going to immersion camp this summer!

good for u, what camp is it?
i dont know if alias is in israel, but i assume they are as the have most of the same tv as euro and some n american tv

are you israeli or jewish? where will you be studying?
feel free to pm me, and i will give u my aim sn so we can talk further

I'm an american reform jew, i dont know what that makes me in your eyes- i'm really involved in my community though, and contrary to popular belief we do pray, and i definitely do consider myself jewish. i want to be a rabbi- considering moving to israel...
im part of a special jewish leadership program that splits the cost of three summers at camp (swig-newman in CA, and 2 summers at Kutz in NY) and a semester on the Eisendrath Israel Exchange program. i'm excited...we stay at Hebrew Union College (the reform seminary).

as long as you identify yourself as jewish im happy, what makes me even happier is you want to be a rabbi and go to israel, and that your considering moving home

i know about kutz the nfty camp, and huc
i didnt realize that it was an immersion kamp though

GO Syd or anyone else ---

If possible, could you translate SupportAlias.com's mission statement into Hebrew?

To show love and support for Alias, and to constructively state our concern with past promotional practices and possibly negative delay ramifications.

Thanks much :smiley:

Charlie said:
GO Syd or anyone else ---

If possible, could you translate SupportAlias.com's mission statement into Hebrew?

To show love and support for Alias, and to constructively state our concern with past promotional practices and possibly negative delay ramifications.

Thanks much :smiley:
thats a little complicated bc it is not conversational hebrew, but ill try a bit later, btw why are we translating it and do u want it in transliteration or in actuall text

ahavah latochnit ALIAS uv'tmichat bah, uvakavanat l'hatzig et da'agoteinu bayishumim leshe'avar vgam batotzaot shliliot umeachrot

please translate along with your text for the non speakers

mvhunny said:my friend recently was in israel, i want to go right now

what is happening with everyone?

klum, yesh li machaneh ramah beod arbaim vearbah yamim
ani rotzeh lehiot gam beyisrael achshav, vegam bemachaneh ramah
AIN OD MAKOM BAOLAM KEMACHANEH RAMAH

(i said, not much, i have camp ramah in another 44 days, and i also want to be in israel right now, and at camp ramah too.

THERE IS NO PLACE IN THE WORLD LIKE CAMP RAMAH [camp song])

be'od shmoneh esrei yameem e'heyeh be'machaneh ramah!
lamah yesh lechah od arbaim ve'arbah yamim?

in 17 days i will be at camp ramah!
why do you have 44 days?

at ramah cali (we are the most diff one) we have two sessions, first and second, and everyone either goes first session or second session, and very few do both sessions

Back