Paranormal Lets talk about Paranormal encounters:

Non-believer looking for proof
In a way, yes but in a way, no.

Take it like a person that has never experienced night terrors.
They suspect that night terrors might happen but they always happen to someone else.
There is no proof that they are actually night terrors except for what the person relays to them.
No matter how detailed the accounting, the acceptance of the tale still seems delusional.
So they try to have a night terror and no matter what they try, it just won't happen for them.
They see the terrified reactions others have when they happen but there is no real proof anything happened at all.
Science can examine the person's brain and body and find nothing out of place.
Shrinks can council and advise the person and sometimes they find relief "within themselves" by understanding what is triggering the emotional turmoil.
Sometimes, despite counciling, night terrors continue because 'within', the turmoil that causes the emotional issue has not been resolved.
I see it as an outsider witnessing someones delusions. I seek to understand rather than experience their delusions. To fully understand, I would need to experience a night terror to have some kind of reference.

Maybe you should change your view of others encounters and start with stop calling them a "delusion". As you say if you believe in ghosts, you will see a ghost. Well that same logic can be used against you, if you don't believe in ghosts, you will never see one. Just keep your mind open and stop looking and it might happen. Now for me one thing I have not encountered is a negative or truly evil entity. Now I contribute this to my faith in God and the fact that I pray to God every day. It works for me and has aided me in my life. Now remember too that many of my encounters have been with others, so I know it is not just my own mind seeing these encounters. So Tom it is time step back, clear your mind and have a little faith.

if you don't believe in ghosts, you will never see one.
What? LOL
So, if I believe in ghosts, I'll see one?
Perhaps if I am deluded.

If I believe in Godzilla I will see him?
Holy gee-williacres, all this time I thought he was a fantasy.

have a little faith
Faith in what?
Fear based on my own mortality? I am not afraid of death.
Faith is accepting someone else's perception of reality?
That is called delusion. Delusions can be shared but it doesn't make them reality.
Reality is all the stuff that is, whether anyone believes it or not.
Reality is not dependent on perception. Requires no proof or acknowledgement.

Reality is what causes you to be able to read the words I type.
You don't need to believe you are sitting on a chair if you are actually sitting on a chair.
If I take a step and only believe there is a floor under my foot I will end up in the basement.
I certainly won't walk over empty air.
For the next two weeks believe that you are eating but never actually take a bite.
When you get hungry, just believe that you are full.
Have a little faith that you are full. Have a lot of faith that you are full.
It won't change the fact of reality that you are starving. No matter what you believe.

We need delusions so we can deal with the stark finality of reality.
Our delusions help us cope with living in reality. Everyone is deluded about something.

Do you think your car is mad at you sometimes?
Do you think your computer hates you sometimes?
If you kill a spider do you expect it to rain?

People live and act based on delusions.
Anyone that thinks they are not deluded about anything are deluded about that.
Some delusions are good.
They stop ya from doing something you might have otherwise done that would have killed you.

You see ghosts.
Someone else sees leprechauns.
Another sees demons.
Another sees fairies.

At what point does the delusion become reality?
What if 50 people see ghosts? 1,000 people see ghosts?
1,000 people saw a monster burn a village. It turned people to stone.
1,000 other people saw a terrible volcano.
Ask the ones that saw a monster and they can relate the awful details.
Some will agree that it must be a monster.
They buy into the delusion on faith.

Tom don't take my comments out of context...I said the following:

Maybe you should change your view of others encounters and start with stop calling them a "delusion". As you say if you believe in ghosts, you will see a ghost. Well that same logic can be used against you, if you don't believe in ghosts, you will never see one. Just keep your mind open and stop looking and it might happen.

As to "Faith"... I said: So Tom it is time to step back, clear your mind and have a little faith. I am not going to debate you about the concept of faith, of what you believe. I am not trying to make you believe in anything, I am just telling you that I believe and that is all that has to be said. If you choose to not believe in anything then that is your free will to do so, I however believe in what I believe. I will not comment on your chosen beliefs, and hope you would yield the same for me. Truth is in the mind of the person.

I respect your opinion, and wish you happiness with your own views.

I'm not mad or anything.
I really don't care what anyone believes.
Delusions are not always a bad thing, as I stated.
Everyone has some kind of delusion.

I do know that as I uncover and figure out my own delusions life gets clearer.
I know that now, not shackled to delusions, I have less stress and its easier to find contentment.
I personally made a shift from pessimism to optimism
then I started looking at things in life that gave me stress and
found that most of those things that were stressing me out were
delusions I either created myself or delusions that society set upon me.

My own self-discipline and self honesty boosted my self esteem from
low to high. I am free of those delusions that ran me down.

I still find delusions in my thinking.
On a lower note, I also found that some delusions gave me comfort.
That identifying the delusion and removing it caused me to realize
that I can't re-delude myself once it has been lifted.

Perhaps you do see ghosts and take comfort in your religion.
I really have no problem with that.
As long as you are content with your life, who am I to criticize?
Its your life, just like mine is my life.

No matter where you go, there you are.

Who, besides you, is better to run your life?

That realization was one of the hardest delusions for me to overcome.
I still struggle with the head games others play to try to make me do what they want with my own life.
Society is so saturated with controls and influences you can't interact without encountering
someone or something that is trying to control you.

Lets talk about Paranormal encounters that we might have had in our lives. Almost everyone has had some type of unexplained encounter in their life, that they can relate to us on this thread. All I ask is keep a open mind and be friendly and honest with what you might have encountered.
I can't say I have witnessed anything that would be considered paranormal. I've experienced the "Did I really see that in the corner of my eye?" stuff that nearly everybody else has at some point in their life, just never a full on visual encounter.

On the other hand there's been some weird stuff at our house since my wife & I moved in.

When we bought the place we spent some time painting and cleaning before moving in. In the basement the prior owner had a wood workshop, complete with its own electric panel box and work area. The basement is laid out kind of like a fat letter L with a large main room under the main part of the house and a smaller room under the family room. The workshop was in the small room separate from the main area. Besides a work table there was a wooden stand he had built. It is about 5' x 5' made of 2" x 4" boards joined together. On the bottom there are two legs on opposing sides, each about 4" x 8", each a solid piece of wood. On top there are slightly smaller pieces on opposing sides (same sides as the legs) that are about 4" x 6". My guess is that he was using it as the spot to store his raw materials. It is solid and heavy; moving it requires a bit of effort. While we were working on the house only a few people had access. On one of my trips to the basement it immediately caught my attention that the stand had been moved out of the small room and to the far side of the basement. But that wasn't the weird part. Not only had it been moved but it was standing on its edge like a book standing up. There is no way my wife could've moved it on her own and when we asked the couple of people who had access to the house neither of them were even in the basement. At the time the basement was empty so there is no reason why the stand would have been moved. Weird.

On the ground our floor our house is laid out so that, front to back, the garage is on the right side of the house, behind the garage interior wall is a narrow mudroom that runs the width of the garage and has an exterior door, and then there is a family room. The mudroom is kind of like a wide hallway and the clothes washer & dryer are in there. The family room sits above the small room in the basement where the wood shop was with the wooden stand. In the family room we have our big TV and the couch is backed up to the inside wall with the mudroom on the other side. When we moved in there were several occasions where we would hear the lids to either the washer or the dryer (we used to have a top loading dryer) slam down hard. At first we assumed that we must have left the lids up and gravity eventually took over. After that we made the conscious effort to keep the lids closed. They still slammed down though. Sometimes they'd slam a couple of times a week, other times it'd be months between. That went on for a few years before it stopped. No factors changed... same people, same machines, same house... no more slamming. Weird.

For two people our house is, admittedly, too big. In hindsight we really should have bought a smaller house but it's home for us. With just the two of us there are times when one of us can be in a part of the house and not hear what the other is doing or even be aware of where the other person exactly is. Occasionally my wife will come find me and ask what I wanted to which I will reply "Huh?". She swears that I called out her name while she was upstairs to which I did not. This has happened at times when when I may be outside with the lawn mower so it is not a case of the TV on or some other ambient noise source. This happens at least a few times a year. I've only experienced this once where I would have sworn that I heard somebody talking to me while upstairs. Weird.

More recently my wife & I have both experienced being in bed upstairs and we've thought that the other of us has sat down on the edge of the bed near us. It's a king size bed with a pillow top so it's big enough & soft enough that somebody on the left side would barely notice somebody sitting down on the right side. If you're laying down on the left side and if somebody sits on the left edge you'll still feel it just as you would with any regular mattress. One morning while I'm facing the other side of the bed I feel the edge of the bed behind me depress down. When I turned around my wife wasn't there; she wasn't even in the room. Now she may be quiet but unless she was this Earth's version of the Flash she could not have moved that fast from the bed to out of the room. When I asked her about it she said that no, she had not sat on the bed. About a week later my wife had the same thing happen to her. Weird.

Then, of course, there are the dogs. Our older dog we've had now for about 11 years since he was a puppy. For the first several years he would often stare at something that only he could see. From the TV room he would sit & stare off into the kitchen on a fixed spot. The spot he'd be looking at would change when he did it but he'd sit there & stare. Sometimes he'd bark or growl but he wouldn't stop from looking at the spot. Then there are times when he'd sit on a couch in the family room and stare at at the back of the cushion as though somebody were sitting there. Sometime he'd do it quietly, other times a little growl or bark. When he stared like this we'd call to him after a bit to get his attention lest he just stayed there. Till this day he will still occasionally stare but he no longer barks or growls, now he just does it silently. If he is seeing something or someone there then he has accepted it as part of the household. Weird.

Is our house a spot of paranormal activity. I wouldn't claim that. Nor would I claim it is haunted. Sure, we joke about the "ghost" in the house as a way of explaining something odd or when something shows up in a spot other than where we left it but we don't claim it to be the supernatural. Now whether that is because we don't believe it to be paranormal or because we don't believe in the paranormal is a tough question to answer. All I know I know is there is some weird stuff that goes on here.

@Kevin I would say by your accounts that most likely you have some type of Haunting there. Now it doesn't seem to be a super active one, but rather a Haunting where the ghost or ghosts are just letting you know that they are there. Now I should point out that the Haunting or Ghost could be attached to the house, or to a object you have in the home, or to a person. It would be impossible to say, now if you were bothered by the happenings, you could try to Smudge your House. You could search on the internet how to do it but here is just one to try:

5 Steps To Smudge Your House and Clear Bad Energy

I would Smudge the home , that means every room including the basement. First read a couple of articles on the topic before you do anything, and then decide weather you want to try that even. Talk it through with your wife as well too. Now Smudging is really a Native American approach, but you could also do other religious based blessings as well too.

@Kevin I would say by your accounts that most likely you have some type of Haunting there. Now it doesn't seem to be a super active one, but rather a Haunting where the ghost or ghosts are just letting you know that they are there. Now I should point out that the Haunting or Ghost could be attached to the house, or to a object you have in the home, or to a person. It would be impossible to say, now if you were bothered by the happenings, you could try to Smudge your House. You could search on the internet how to do it but here is just one to try:
We're not bothered by it, just surprised, or at least caught off guard, sometimes yet when weird stuff happens. Our dog staring at something on the couch and growling at it used to freak us out a bit, especially if we were sitting on the couch with him, but there has never been anything done that would harm somebody. I know when some people talk about "weird" stuff that goes on they'll mention being tripped or pushed and nothing like that in 15+ years has happened.

5 Steps To Smudge Your House and Clear Bad Energy

I would Smudge the home , that means every room including the basement. First read a couple of articles on the topic before you do anything, and then decide weather you want to try that even. Talk it through with your wife as well too. Now Smudging is really a Native American approach, but you could also do other religious based blessings as well too.
Thanks for giving the name "Smudge" -- I was familiar with the practice but never knew it had that name.

Kevin, I hate to tell you this but your house is on a flux line and is being subjected to random cross-dimensional threads. Since the threads are not static or permanent you get the occurances that you describe.
You need to design and construct a custom flux-field isolator and dispersion pistol.
Your dog can see the flux threads so ask him to locate them one by one so you can disperse them. You will need to fire the gun at the center of the thread in each room, slowly moving it from floor to ceiling repeatedly while you make a woao, woao, woao noise while doing so. Mrs Kevin will appreciate your attention to detail.

Let me tell you about my childhood home that I have always called "Spook Central". Now the home was built in 1950 and was built on a property that had been a bean farm. Most of the homes were built by the same developer at the time and one of five styles. My parents bought a 2nd lot, and my father added onto the home over the years. Now I had looked into the records, there had never been any buildings on our property. So the home was cinder blocks covered with stucco and had a full basement with 2nd floor. Now my father had added on a den, dinning room, enclosed patio, 2+ car garage with a 2nd floor. My father also added two dormers on the front roof and a full dormer across the back of the roof.

Now my parents both were the last of 6 family lines. They had many family heirlooms throughout the home everywhere. Growing up in that home, you had to be super careful so you didn't break something that was a antique. There was NO horseplay in that home by us kids. So I grew up to strange ghostly encounters in that home all the time. The basement for the longest time was a safe place to play. My father had totally finished off the basement. It was a place where we kids could play with our friends. Now that basement was rare for that time, spare living room, play room where we had a pool table, ping pong table, and huge model train setup. Many games storage, along with storage closets.

Now the basement was mostly decorated by my two older brothers whom are MIAs from Vietnam, they were both pilots. One was a Navy Fighter Pilot, and the other was a Army Chopper Pilot...both shot down and were seen to survive but are MIAs. My other remaining brother is 9+ years older than me, and he also added to the decorations down there as well. The only thing that I added down there was I took a Matts beer ball, and cut a hole in the bottom and ran a light through the tom and used that as a lamp shade in the middle of the room above the game table we had down there...LOL!!!

So around the time my two brothers were shot down and listed as MIAS, is when things change in the cellar. The cellar use to very warm and inviting place, I could watch TV down there and play with my blocks or army men and etc with no fear or concerns. Now my cellar had always been a shrine to my three brothers with pictures and all sorts of things from their lives from high school and college. It was always a awesome and happy place for all the friends of my brothers to hang out and have parties. Being the baby in the family really sucked because I couldn't hang with my brothers. In truth I really don't remember much of my two oldest brothers.

After they were lost the feeling down there changed. It felt cold, dark, and you always felt like you were being watched. Also you would hear noises or movement, plus see dark shadows move. I tried over the years to bring my friends down there but they all would state they were too freaked out or felt like they were being watched. It got so bad that I started to be afraid to even go into the basement. I would open the cellar door and look down stairs into the cellar and feel as if someone was look back up at me. I would turn on the cellar lights and go down to get or take what my parents wanted and then run back upstairs.

Now the rest of the house as I said was filled with family heirlooms and antiques, many I would say had Ghosts attached to many of those items. Such fun items like a Grand Mother clock that stopped and would never work again after my Grand Mother died. She so loved that clock, and my mother kept the clock maintained. She even had the internal clock mechanics replace but still the clock would not work. Another item was a Rocking chair that would rock or move on it's own. A self painted painting of a Great Uncle that was a Doctor, where the eyes would follow you if you were in the room where it was. Many always stated they would feel as if someone was watching them. There were many items all over that house that really made ne feel creeped out if you looked at, handled, or were near.

Then many people that came over would see things, hear things, or feel things. Heck my parents once rented out the 2nd floor of the house as a apartment to a Marine Captain and his wife. After living there for a month, the wife came to my mother and said that they had to move out because her husband was scared of the place and said it was haunted. He had to leave. Many of my friends have rather scary encounters and most would not come over to my home anymore.

Now I will say after my parents passed away and I had to clean out that home a few years ago it was a different feeling home after everything was gone. Once all the things in the home were no longer there and all was cleaned out the house felt free, open, and calmer. The basement no longer felt creepy or dark. So in my case I believe that it wasn't my childhood home that was haunted but rather my parents and all their stuff. I will say that I did Smudge that home many times and have the home blessed. I did not want the new owners to suffer from the encounters that I had from my childhood. If there were any portals opened there, I tried my best to close them. My final walk through of the home I had no sense of anything there, and the home seemed very bright and filled with light everywhere. I did stand there in the driveway looking upstairs at the 2nd floor play room and felt as if someone was watching me. I got in my car and drove away for the final time.

Who knows what that was, I never saw anything. I have looked up that address on google maps to look and see what the property looks like now. The new people that own the home have greatly changed landscaping around the home, and I can see they have made other changes to the home as well. I hope all is well with them.

@Tom, going back to the "God or Religion" thread combined with your stance in this thread why "ghosts" can't exist or do some of the actions attributed to them, how do reconcile your belief in "God" taking into account the science principles to which you dismiss the notion of ghosts?

You the ability to have encounters does run in families. In my case both my Father's and Mother's families had encounters. My wife , my mother in-law, and sister in-law have seen or had encounters and my own kids have had encounters as well. MY own brother has had encounters, even though he does not like to talk about them at all.

@Tom, going back to the "God or Religion" thread combined with your stance in this thread why "ghosts" can't exist or do some of the actions attributed to them, how do reconcile your belief in "God" taking into account the science principles to which you dismiss the notion of ghosts?
Interesting question, Kevin.

My 'belief' in God stands with my understanding of The Universe and the reality in which I exist. Do you recall Crom, the God of Conan the Barbarian (Crom exists but does not interfere). God is the essence of life in the Universe that exists in opposite of natural decay. God is also the essence of decay. This is the same essence that exists in the Chaos and the Order of the Universe.
God is not a puppeteer at the individual level. All parts of the Universe are pieces of the whole.
God is however, aware of everything because being the Universe and everything is within the Universe any awareness is the Universe aware.
Existence is a series of random chaotic events set in motion at the instant of creation. The God part is the essence that became aware and affected a change - Religion says "Let There Be Light". Science says Big Bang.
God is the Essence of both in that the Universe changed from static to not static.
Over time, chaos created understanding within the Universe (God) and it became aware of itself and that it has definition.

The essence of the Universe is energy. Matter is made up of energy. Life is a form of energy.
Over time, Every thing in the Universe, living or not will convert back to its baseline form, which is energy.
Some forms of energy are released back into the Universe rapidly and some take eons to be released.

As we die. Our "Soul" (Life Essence) is released back into the Universe.
That energy merges with the baseline energy of the Universe.
In a way, it can be likened to going back to God.
Energy cannot be created or destroyed in this Universe because the Universe is made of energy.
Even our bodies will someday be returned to the energy of the Universe as the matter converts back to energy.

The Universe recycles the energy as it exists. The energy that was once "me" is merged with the energy of the Universe (God) and is reborn to a new form/forms of matter. Not in whole but in part.
Sorta like pouring a glass of water into the ocean. The water that was once in the glass is never fully recaptured back into the glass no matter how hard you try.

Given the age and expanse of the Universe these time periods can be fathomed as eternity. While eternity is relative to the observer since the Universe is the Essence of everything it is the Alpha and the Omega.
Alpha being the first spark of energy created and Omega being the final spark of energy at the end.

God (The Universe) is not based on human concepts like salvation, divine or damned. Human concepts are based on our impression of the nature of the Universe as we see it. As we learn to understand the Universe better, we in turn understand ourselves. Since we are the Universe, our understanding is the Universe also understanding.

The Universe is diverse.
The Universe is huge.
Chances are very good that there are life forms in this Universe that understand better than us.
Those life forms might present to us as divine intervention releasing concepts to help us understand ourselves and our part in the whole. We call these divine interventions religion sometimes.
This is because we haven't actually figured out what is evident around us.
We are still trying to understand.

Its possible that other forms of life are not clouded by reasoning. That a plant, a bacterium, an insect or another animal may understand what we can't understand because we have made it complicated by intelligence. We have isolated our Universal Harmony with reason and questions.

Some religions mark Knowledge as the "forbidden fruit". Some religions tell us to seek harmony with God.
In a way, it is correct. The Knowledge is a need for understanding. The Question must be asked and answered. Harmony is the act of no longer needing confirmation of truths. It is alignment.
Religions ask us to "believe" but restrict our levels of belief to the parameters those specific religions set.

Reality requires no justification. The Universe requires no justification. It is all right there in the open for all to experience.
The unity is there.
The harmony is there.
We just can't experience it because WE are making it complicated.

You the ability to have encounters does run in families. In my case both my Father's and Mother's families had encounters. My wife , my mother in-law, and sister in-law have seen or had encounters and my own kids have had encounters as well. MY own brother has had encounters, even though he does not like to talk about them at all.
My mother was afraid of ghosts.
My dad had a bad case of the demons.
My sister is afraid of random.
I used to believe but now, I just don't.
Reality has smacked me in the face and broke the delusions.

Tom you keep referring or implying to the ability of others as a delusion. I am sorry you don't have any active ability to see or sense paranormal matter, but it is also unfair of you to label or imply to their ability as a delusion. The same is also true with others believe in Faith and God, just because you don't believe or haven't had any proof...doesn't mean both Faith or God doesn't exist.

ByGoneYrs, you keep insinuating that I believe delusions are a bad thing. On the contrary, I believe delusions are vital to sanity. People have delusions for a reason, even if we don't know why, exactly. Reality is harsh.
Delusions are a defense mechanism against that harsh reality. They help us cope with things we do not wish to embrace.
I liken it to the person that takes offense at being ignorant. Ignorance is merely a lack of understanding.
People are conditioned against certain words because of their associations to adverse reactions of others.
Many people take offense when no offense is intended thru ignorance or a delusion of accuracy.
While it affects me not to allow others to have their own ideas about things, I, too often, am not afforded the same allowances. Thus, I am forced to defend my views as if I am the one in error.

Loads.
My Mum was a top UK psychic so kinda experienced a lot over the years. But then I'm also mad so pfff :P

Loads.
My Mum was a top UK psychic so kinda experienced a lot over the years. But then I'm also mad so pfff :P
You just can't leave us hanging at that! Did her work ever follow her home or did you accompany her on trips to different locations?

Back