Lex and Lana

I'm not a big shipper any direction . . . must be because angst is more interesting than togetherness. ;) I'm not sure about the Lex/Lana chemistry, I'll have to see how that goes. But I agree, I like the depth they've given Lex in the series . . . plus, they've given Clark some responsibility in pushing Lex in that direction through his inability to trust anyone with his secret. I love that contrast of expecting everyone else to come clean yet feeling entitled to keep one's own Big Secret. ^_^ --And when Clark hesitated to save Lex because Lex knew the Big Secret . . . ! Feet of Clay, indeed. It's more fun when the good guys aren't entirely perfect and the bad guys are somewhat tragic. Villains can be so much more interesting than good guys, especially when they're fighting the darkness (maybe that's why Batman is more interesting than Superman to me; he's got a dark side too . . . ;)).

I havta admit I don't know too much about Superman comics . . . it always seemed a little to black & white to me & Superman seemed a little too unbeatable--well, what kind of Kryptonite do we come up with this week? :lol: Poisoned by pieces of your own planet? What's with that, anyway? :confused: I guess if you're a geek, you understand it. I just watch Smallville. ;)

Really on-topic huh? OK, I'll stop rambling! :blush:

That's an interesting point in bring up about Clark's role in Lex's march towards darkness. And the superman in the comics are a little ridiculous...I mean it used to be that superman was just a man who was from a planet that had a greater gravitational pull, and thus he had stronger muscles. It used to be that he could leap tall buildings, and had the strength of 10 men, etc. But he couldn't fly, and wasn't harder then bullets. Then of course as his foes got bigger and better, his origins were rewritten and the explanation about the red sun of Krypton was brought in as an explanation for his superman powers, like flight and X-ray, etc. And over the years, he's just grown more and omre powerful, at one point able to survive in outer space for months, and albe to absorb all forms of energy and use it for his own good.

Really? That's a BIG change. :lol: But I guess that they like to do that with nearly every superhero eventually, bring in new writers and totally reinvent them. :rolleyes:

Yeah, what ever to all u guys i think it would be nice 4 lana and lex to get together. It would help keep Lex from going really deep in to the darkside

Eeeew lexana....please not here too! I hate that ship with a passion. *barf* They're the reason I can't stand the show this season. Lex ticks me off with his Lana love. I'd rather see chlex. *hard core chlex fan*

I know Clark is destined for Lois Lane and everything, but I"m totally a Clark/Lana shipper. I don't know how I feel about Lex & Lana. Just feels so wrong. Though if it does happen, it'll definitely be the final nail in the coffin for Clark and Lex's friendship/brotherhood. THey'll become the mortal enemies they are destined to be. And the sad thing is that things could've turned out differently. I think they did a great job in this series of giving Lex some real dimension and depth. He's not just the evil villian we read in the comics anymore. We see his progression along the path to evil, as he fights against his ultimately destiny. I feel bad for lex. And I almost hope that if Lana and Lex get together, maybe she'll be able to help him to cling to his humanity for a bad longer.

^^I totally agree.... Lex and Lana together feels so wrong!

Back