Lex Luthor

That's the idea . . . both Clark and Lex are starting to take their paths in life. Lex already asked is father, in effect, "Isn't this what you wanted?"

The fun part of this is that if you look over the course of Smallville, they play it so that Clark might have changed this result had he shown more trust in Lex . . . ;) This adds dimension to a story (Superman) which I generally find a little too black and white.

Smallville isn't all like the Superman story. Lex Luthor dosn't know Clark Kent in the Superman movies. But their getting cloose to the story now, with Lex and Clark moving away form each other and Lois Lane joining the Cast.

Lex was pretty ruthless in last night's episode. He was more concerned about how much money he had put into the weapon than anything else. Clark even told him that he's done listening to his lies. I doubt that their friendship will ever be repaired.

The fun part of this is that if you look over the course of Smallville, they play it so that Clark might have changed this result had he shown more trust in Lex . . . ;)

If that ended up being so, then Lex wouldn't be the Lex Luthor we've come to be familiar with from the Superman comics - learning how he became what he is today makes the character more three-dimensional and a lot more interesting.

If that ended up being so, then Lex wouldn't be the Lex Luthor we've come to be familiar with from the Superman comics ...
Of course not; Lex has to become evil for the myth. But making it a tragedy rather than having Lex evil through-and-through makes the story more interesting. ^_^

I don't think they wanted Smallville to be identical to the Superman story. Because Lex Luthor and Clark Cent dosn't even know each other in the Superman movies.

I don't think they wanted Smallville to be identical to the Superman story. Because Lex Luthor and Clark Cent dosn't even know each other in the Superman movies.

The movies are off the mark immensly (as per normal) Clark and Lex have been recognised as exxtremely close childhood friends.

The silver age was way back in the 60's

Back