Lies Inc. (P.K.Dick book to film release!)

Tim

Creative Writer
A Beginner's Guide to Book Collecting heres the book

Lies Inc. (2004) - IMDb and heres the film!

http://www2.filmweb.no/trailer/article.jhtml?articleID=37741 trailer

from what i have been led to believe, the dvd is available with english audio, although made in Norway with Norwegian actors. Strange that a P.K.Dick film has been made and released to no great fanfare, but then when you compare the synopsis for book and film, you find out why, glaringly!

IMDB (film release) - " Amber city is the last city on earth with a breathable atmosphere. In this climate of fear and paranoia, Isan Epel finds herself trapped by her employers, Schilman's inc, after working in secret for two years. Without any memories of her past, she hides in order to escape from her pursuers, and tries to disclose the content of a mysterious microdisc. The narcotic agent Phil Comb is then hired to find her and the disc. But he is too damaged by the drugs he consumes, and loses more and more contact with reality while he begins to understand the machiavellian conspiration around him. His meeting with Isan is going to reveal to him much more than he could have imagined... "

Fantastic Fiction (book release) - " [size=-1]In this wry, paranoid vision of the future, overpopulation has turned cities into cramed industrial anthills. For those sick of this dystopian reality, one corporation, Trails of Hoffman, Inc., promises an alternative: Take a teleport to Whale's Mouth, a colonized planet billed as the supreme paradise. The only catch is that you can never comeback. When a neurotic man named Rachmael ben Applebaum discovers that the promotional films of happy crowds cheering their newfound existence on Whale's Mouth are faked, he decides to pilot a scapeship on the eighteen-year journey there to see if anyone wants to return.[/size] "

i have heard reports that the film has been recorded to tape, suggesting low budget (B movie style) and that the film isn't very good at all. trying to find further confirmation as to the actual licensing of the film and the amount it's been changed "creatively" to meet the small screen (STV) is very difficult right now and the only decision we can make over getting to see this release is going to be word of mouth user reviews on the net i'm afraid

Back