Like Father, Like Daughter

can i please have a pm :smiley:
ta
bb
ok i heard i rumer that J/G+M/V hav broken up but evry1s kinda unsure so if any i knows 4 sure can they please email me thanks :(

post more soon :jump:

Sorry about the wait...I've had a bit of writer's block and I'm trying to ease myself off the computer in preparation for my cruise. I'm leaving on Friday, so don't be alarmed if there's not another update until after Sept. 4th!

PART 17
The flight home was the worst 7 hours of Sydney's life. After hearing what Michael had said last night, she was on the brink of tears.

How could she have been so gullible? Why hadn't she figured it out yet? What was she going to do now?

Sitting next to Dixon brought her even more emotion. He had a wife and two kids at home.

He can't possibly know. The tears were burning her eyes. She couldn't spare one moment to tell her partner where she was going.
Locking the bathroom door, Sydney sat on the seat of the toilet and began to cry.

She didn't care that she was wrinkling her good suit. She didn't care that her mascara was running and making spots on the tan fabric.

All she cared about—her job, her friends, her life—were lies.

"Michael?" She had somehow dialed her cell phone and was wiping her eyes and nose.

"Sydney." His voice sounded worried.

"I can't do this. Seeing him go about his day, thinking he's doing the right thing…"

"Sydney, you can't tell him. First off, you're not officially on our side."

"On your side? Are you in a cab?"

"Sydney, I wasn't even supposed to tell you. Before last night I wasn't one hundred percent sure that you were unaware of what you really do." There was a long pause between the two.

"Michael?"

"Yes?"

"I want to be on your side. Officially."

Vaughn tucked his phone back in his coat pocket and walked to the customs area.

"Passport please." He reached into his back pocket and pulled out his passport and ID badge.

"Agent Michael Vaughn, CIA." The woman inspected the badge and handed it back to him.

"Go ahead."

"Thank you." He walked 3 feet more to the metal detectors.

"Sir, please remove your belt and walk through." He walked through and beeped, giving the guard a reason for frisking him. She felt his holster and looked at him. He flashed his badge again.

"All right, sir." He put his belt back on and searched for his gate. He boarded the plane early and walked into business class.

"Vaughn! Where the hell were you last night? I waited in the hotel all night for you!" He pulled a book out of his carry-on and stuffed the bag in the overhead compartment.

"I had a run-in with Sydney." Kim sat down and looked at the seat in front of her.

"Damnit. I should've gotten her when I had the chance."

"You saw her in there? Why didn't you tell me?"

"I was a little more concerned about getting out of there alive! She had a gun aimed right at me!" An older woman sitting across the aisle glanced at them.

"A paintball gun. No worries, ma'am." Vaughn smiled at the woman and stared back at Kim. "Would you mind talking a little quieter?"

"At least we got the…uh…"

"Trophy?"

"Yeah, we got the trophy! Yay!" Kim feigned cheering and leaned close to Vaughn's ear. "You need to tell me everything that happened with Sydney."

"We didn't do anything."

"I promise not to tell anyone." She sat back, but quickly leaned back in. "Except Eric."

"Ok, then I'm definitely not telling you."

"Vaughn, you never tell me anything! How do you expect us to work together when you won't tell me anything?"

"Fine," He closed his book and looked at Kim. "We talked."

"About what?"

"Are you really 25? Because I'm having this flashback to high school…"

"What did you talk about?" Vaughn sighed in defeat.

"I told her."

"You told her…"

"About us. What we do. What she doesn't do."

"Oh." Kim's eyes widened. "Ooh. Kendall is going to have your ass on a platter."

"Well, he didn't hear any of our conversation, thank God."

"Are you sure you just talked about work?"

"Kim, yes! So, maybe she was a little fragile and maybe she needed just a bit of comforting from me; I'm not made of stone!"

"That may be, but your brain isn't in your crotch either! You can't have a decent relationship with this woman, even if she was single! What's it going to take to get that through to you?"

"Kimberly Vanessa Turner, rest assured that I have everything under control."

I'm Second! And I beat the PM!!! :D

:lol:

Oh! Vaughn has everything under control, eh? :confused:

Great Chapter
I Loved It :love:
Cant wait for more

:laughbounce:

Vaughn did not just say that he had everything under control did he? Famous last words I think. I am assuming that he will end up as her handler when she becomes a double for the CIA. I think things are going to get very interesting from now on out.
Thanks for the PM

Interesting, things do get. (whoa, Yoda-speak and I haven't watched Star Wars in forever...scary!)

PART 18
"What in God's holy name did you do?" Vaughn looked up at the man standing in the doorway of his office.

"Director Kendall---" He tried straightening up a few files on his desk, but the Director leaned over the mess.

"Cut the felgercarb, Vaughn. What did I tell you about f***ing up this mission?"

"Sir, I---"

"You told her! You f***ing told Sydney Bristow that she doesn't work for the gorram CIA!"

"How did you---"

"The truth, you idiot! Unless you suddenly possess the secret of the Holy Grail, what else could 'the truth' mean? We're not all dumb asses here like you are!" Enraged, Vaughn stood up until he was face to face with Kendall.

"Excuse me for being honest with her! She is a wonderful human being who doesn't deserve being lied too! Whether it be by me, or you, or Arvin Sloane!" The Director's face softened slightly, but was littered with disappointment.

"You said you loved her." Vaughn sank back into his chair. "I've let many office romances pass by me unnoticed, including your friends, Weiss and Turner. But this is more than just a one-night stand with a co-worker."

"Director Kendall, in all respect, I don't intend her to be a one-night stand."

"I put you on this mission because I thought you could contain yourself. You were an even-tempered man with a strong love of country. While your choice in acquaintances left much to be desired, you have proven yourself time and time again, in the office and in the field. That is, of course, until you met Sydney Bristow."

"Sir, I never meant any of this to go as far as it has."

"I'm sure you didn't, but, as of now, you are no longer on active duty with the CIA."

"Sir, please don't. Just reassign Sydney to another agent! She's my problem!"

"Michael, we can't have agents working for us that lose all composure just because of a pretty girl." Kendall left, leaving Vaughn with a mixture of emotions. Disbelief being the most prominent.

"I just got fired by the CIA…won't that be great on a résumé?"

maybe he got pre-fired like not really fired. lol ok ive never had a job so yea. well anyways i beat the pm and thanks for the update

ps. thanks for the compliment on my avator. i cant wait till you get back from vacation so you can update

mrs.marshall

Back