Like We Never Loved At all

Like we never Loved at all
By: Talia (Talia)
Ship: Sydney & Vaughn
Rating: PG-13
Disclaimer: I would love to own alias but I of course don’t I leave all that up to Mr. J.J.
Summary: Sydney & Vaughn are together again, but not for long, something goes very wrong in their relationship, one of them can't handle it anymore, so they leave. Immediately after the person leaves Sydney finds out she is pregnant with Vaughn's baby. Ten years go by & neither them have had contact with each other. This story is about love, betrayal, & finding out things that you never knew before.

~Like we never Loved at all By Faith Hill~
You never looked so good
As you did last night
Underneath the city lights
There walking with your friend, laughing at the moon
I swear you looked right through me
But I'm still living with your goodbye
And you're just going on with your life

How can you just walk on by?
Without one tear in your eye
Don't you have the slightest
Feelings left for me
Maybe that's just your way
Of dealing with the pain
Forgetting everything
Between our rise and fall
Like we never loved at all

You, I hear you're doing fine
Seems like you're doing well
As far as I can tell
Time is leaving us behind
(Time-leaving us behind)
Another week has passed
And still I haven't laughed yet
So tell me, what your secret is
(I wanna know, I wanna know, I wanna know)
To letting go, letting go like you did
Like you did

How can you just walk on by
Without one tear in your eye
Don't you have the slightest
Feelings left for me
Of dealing with the pain
Forgetting everything

Did you forget the magic
Did you forget the passion
Oh, and did you ever miss me
And long to kiss me
Oh baby, baby

Of dealing with the pain
Forgetting everything

Chapter one
I woke up to Vaughn next me. I could hear him sleeping soundly, I wonder what he was dreaming about... I love him, insanely. I kissed him, got out of bed, & walked myself to the shower. I lathered my hair with herbal essence shampoo & started singing to myself. I sang to the words to Cold hard Bitch I though about Vaughn, & all the missions we had gone on, & thought oh god I can't live without him. I hurried up to finish my shower, so maybe Vaughn & I could go out somewhere. I turned off the shower, wrapped a towel around my body, & walked out to our room.

“Hey Vaughn.” I thought well, good he’s up.

“Hey Sydney.” Vaughn looked at me, walked over, & kissed me.

I stopped the kiss & looked at him. “I love you Vaughn.”

“I love you Syd.” Vaughn said.

“Hey do you want to do anything today?” I said asking enthusiastically.

“Yeah, what do you want to do?”

“I was thinking about maybe going shopping for Christmas, it is around the corner you know.”

“That sounds good, I am going to go & take a shower, I will be back after.” With that he gave me a kiss & went off to take a shower.

I quickly got dressed, dried my hair, put it in a neat pony tail, & threw some makeup on. With that I looked up to see a dressed Vaughn, ready to go. I got up from of my vanity, he walked over to me & gave me a peck on the cheek.

“You ready to go?” Vaughn said.

“As ready as I’ll ever be.” I grabbed his hand, as we walked out to the car. I checked my watch it was a quarter past twelve, we hadn’t had breakfast or lunch. My stomach growled, Vaughn must have heard it because not even ten seconds later he asked where I wanted to go out to lunch.

“Hey Syd, where do you want to go out to lunch?”

“How about Mechellies?”

“Yeah, that sounds great.”

We hopped into the car & went off to Mechellies. On the car ride there we had a really great conversation.

“Hey Vaughn, I have been thinking, about kids, do you want to have any?” I asked.

“Oh Sydney! I would love to have kids! Especially with you, I could not imagine myself with anyone else.”

“Oh Vaughn, that makes me so happy, how many do you want?”

“How many do I want?!” He looked over me with raised eyebrows. I smiled wanting him to give me an answer, he understood my body language because he sighed & continued “well, I want two, but whatever you want is fine with me.”

“Two is great, one boy & one girl.”

“What are we going to pick names next?”

I think about it & answer “should we?”

“Oh my god you have got to be kidding me.”

“I was kidding Vaughn…” I started laughing & Vaughn piped in with me. We pulled into Mechellies still laughing, full of ourselves. We got out of the car & walked into Mechellies, we put our name in & immediately were called. We sat down, opened our menus our Receptionist gave us, she asked what we wanted to drink, I said hot tea, & Vaughn said water. I looked through the menu even though I knew I was going to order my usual, Penne with meat sauce on the side. I put down the menu after looking at it for a couple minutes & looked at Vaughn.

“What are you going to order love?”

“I was thinking about the angel hair with alfrado sauce, what about you?”

“My usual.”

“Sounds good.”

Our waitress, Hannah, walked up to us asking what we wanted.

“I’ll have the penne with meat sauce on the side.” I handed Hannah my menu then Vaughn ordered.

“I’ll have the angel hair pasta with alfrado sauce.” “Alright you guys I will be back with your meals in a little bit.” Hannah clicked her pen, put her pad of paper in the pocket in front of her & separate from her clothing on her body. Vaughn had finished his water, so Hannah picked up his menu, & grabbed his glass, then walked off.

I looked up at him & said “my dad proposed here.”

“Really?”

“Yeah, it has a lot of meaning to me.”

“I would imagine.” Vaughn rested his elbows on the table, & folded his hands putting them up against his face.

“I also came here for my birthday.”

“Oh really what year?”

“I was six, they sang to me it was horrible.”

“Oh really? So that was the year your mom got into the accident with your dad?”

“Yeah.”

Hannah brought back Vaughn a new glass of water, & Vaughn said thank you as Hannah left to go wait on more tables that were filling up very quickly.

“So about your mom, have you heard from her lately?”
“Vaughn, you have got to be kidding me, my mom is not a very good person, inside I love her but I just don’t have the heart to right now. After all the things she has done, the people she has betrayed, killed, & tortured. It’s not nice to have a mother like that. She killed your father.” I said starting get a little angry at the question Vaughn had asked me.

“I know. Syd, I am sorry even brought your mother up.”

“Oh, don’t worry about it.”

Hannah brought us our food & asked us if we wanted anything else. I waved Hannah to come closer. She came close to, I whispered to Hannah saying “Today is his birthday.” It wasn’t his birthday, & I knew he would get a kick out of how they sang happy birthday, when it wasn’t even his day. We started eating after saying thank you. We finished our meals & Hannah cleared our plates, about five minutes later she came out screaming “HEY WEVE GOT A BIRTHDAY!!!!!!” About twenty employees came around Vaughn & sang while clapping “Happy, Happy, birthday from all of us to you we wish you happy birthday so we can party too!” Hannah put the sundae with peanuts, whipped cream, sprinkles, hot fudge with a cherry on top. I sat there smiling as he blew out the candle, the look on his face was like oh god Sydney you are full of yourself. The rest of the employees & Hannah left after clapping about Vaughn blew out the candle. I smiled bigger then started laughing.

“Is this why you said it was horrible.” Vaughn started laughing too.

“You are turning beat red Vaughn.” I laughed harder at the fact that he was beat red.

We calmed down as he finished off his ice cream sharing it with me. Vaughn paid our bill, & we left. We went to the mall & walked into JcPenny’s, I wanted to get Nadia this coach purse, & a pair chanel sunglasses we bought those things, & walked through the mall. We then went to Target where Vaughn bought Weiss a camping tent. I bought my dad a pocket knife & Vaughn bought Marshall, Carrie, & Mitchell a movie called March of the Penguins. We finished our shopping & drove back home. I wrapped the presents as Vaughn walked in with coffee. “Hey do you want some?”

“Yeah, thanks.” I grabbed the coffee from Vaughn, he made it just the way I loved it. Two sugars, & crème. Vaughn sat down next to me as I finished wrapping the last gift. He put his arm around me & kissed my forehead.

“I love you Syd.”

“I love you too.” In the back of my head I was thinking does he really love me? I thought a bunch of things about him, about love, about what our future held. I kissed him & said. “Well I am going to bed, I’m tired.”

“Okay, well I have to finish some work. I will be in later.” He kissed me again & got up.

I got up & hid the presents at the bottom of my closet & headed off to bed. I slowly fell asleep without Vaughn.

Back