Listen with Your Heart

lol. Of course she lost. 'Cause Syd is about ten gazillion times better than her. Without the hearing. And I'm not even Mike.

Wonderful job, dear. I adore this, as always. (I can't think of anything new to say.)

She's such a stupid cow!! OMG

“If you’re asking me to choose between you two, Mother… you’ve already lost,” he said. Then, with that, he left his apartment in search of Sydney.
Go baby go :D Urgh people like her make me sick :mad:

aww you are loved.. even if you do have a dark, twisted sick brain
i choose to view that as a compliment.

michaels mom is a biotch. i'm glad michael intends to choose *pick me choose me love me, lol* and marry syd!! yay!!

oh wait.. cookie sorta did in one of her past fics.. um.. a christmas wish? yeah, cookie, i just read that over the weekend and syd just kept popping them out like some baby making factory. i was cringing!! haha.

Yes that's about right... they had six babies :smiley: I loved it... but also on A LIFETIME they also had 6 children LOL... I have to beat that... maybe on LAFT they could have more... all they need to do is adopt :lol:

Maybe Janet should write again an Amish fic about SV and then they could have lotsa babies :woot: It would make cookie VERY happy

did you hear about that lady who went to the doctor for "stomach pains" and it turns out she was in labor. she had been pregnant without knowing and just thought she was gaining some weight!! haha

or we could take the above and make a fun fic out of it... Syd go to hospital because she has pain and then the baby pops out and Vaughn's like :o_O: Hilarious!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

or we could take the above and make a fun fic out of it... Syd go to hospital because she has pain and then the baby pops out and Vaughn's like :o_O: Hilarious!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:
omg thats soooooooo funny :rotflmao:

By the way guys, i put up a new layout at Overactive-Imagination

Chapter 24

By the time Michael reached the parking lot, Sydney’s car was already gone. He tried her cell phone, but she didn’t answer, so he got into his car, intent on going to her apartment. When he arrived there, however, she wasn’t home. Upset and worried about her, he tried her parent’s house, but she wasn’t there either. Finally, he went back to her apartment and sat outside, trying her cell phone every five minutes. She never picked up, but an hour later, she showed up.

“Syd! Thank god!! I was getting ready to call the hospital or something! Why weren’t you answering your phone?!” he demanded.

“My phone I… oh,” she sighed when she saw the display screen read ‘25 missed calls’. “It was on silent,” she told him.

“Oh… where’d you go?” he asked her. She shrugged and unlocked the door to her apartment. “Syd, come on, talk to me. Please? I know you heard what my mother said and I’m sorry you did. She’s evil.”

“She’s not evil, Michael. She’s your mother and she hates me,” Sydney told him sadly.

“So what? So what if she hates you? It’s her stupid, stubborn fault and she’s missing out on getting to know the most amazing person I’ve ever met,” he told her sincerely.

“You don’t mean that,” she shook her head.

He stepped forward and stroked her cheek gently. “Of course I do,” he told her with a soft smile. Then, he dropped his hands from her face and dropped to his knee at her feet. She tried to take a step back as she gasped, but Michael held her firm by grabbing tightly to her hands. “Sydney, I love you so much… and I was going to wait until I got a ring but it doesn’t matter where or when because all that matters is that I love you and I want to marry you – deaf, hearing, blind, smell-less-”

“Michael,” she cut off his list.

“Right, sorry. The point is… I want to marry you no matter what, so, will you marry me?” he asked.

Instead of answering right away, she paused for a moment before saying, “I don’t know.”

Michael was completely taken aback by her answer. What was there to know?! “You don’t know…,” he repeated with confusion.

“I mean… come ‘ere,” she sighed and pulled him towards the nearby couch. He crawled to his feet and sat down beside her, wondering what she was about to say. “What your mother said was right, Michael. I mean… she nailed all my fears right on the head.”

“What fears?” Michael asked softly.

“Children,” she said, her eyes downcast. “My children might be deaf, Michael; there’s a good chance they will be.”

“So? It’ll just give me a reason to improve my sign language,” he told her with an encouraging smile.

She looked back up at him slowly. “Are you sure?”

He brought his hands back up to her face as he said softly, “Of course, I’m sure. Our children are going to be so beautiful and so loved by us it won’t matter.”

“But… but what about my hearing? My implant won’t last forever, Michael… I’m okay with going back to being deaf. I dealt with it; I’ll deal with it again. I just want to be able to talk with my children… but as I get older it might not work anymore,” she told him.

“So?” he repeated. “Sydney, even if you had never regained your hearing I sill would have wanted to marry you.”

“Really?” she asked as a smile began to grow across her face.

“Yes, really. So now that that’s cleared up – will you marry me?”

“Yes,” she grinned. He lunged forward and kissed her fully as she wrapped her arms around his neck. “I love you so much! And I think we should move in together!” she grinned.

“Really? You want your dad to kill me all at once, huh?” Michael cringed slightly. Sydney gasped and her hands shot to her mouth. “What? What?!”

“My dad!” she whimpered. “He’ll freak if he finds out you proposed before asking permission.”

Michael gave her a knowing smile. “Who says I didn’t ask?”

“You did?” she asked, shocked (in a happy way).

“Of course I did,” Michael told her. “It was about, hmm… two weeks ago, I think. I called up your parents and went over there and gave them the whole ‘I love your daughter and want to marry her’ schpeal and then… your mother pulled me into one of her infamous smothering hugs,” he told her with a sigh.

Sydney laughed loudly. “Of course she did. What did Dad say?”

“He was actually really good about it,” Michael told her. “He told me that he couldn’t have found a better man himself and thanked me for all that I’ve done and for not treating you like a disabled person even when you couldn’t hear.”

“Aww, that’s so sweet!” Sydney beamed. She kissed Michael again before relaxing into his arms. “So whose place are we moving into?”

“Well, my neighbors are quieter….”

“But your shower is icky,” she pointed out.

“I thought you fixed that?”

“I did.”

“Oh… well, we don’t have to decide right now,” he told her.

“I think we should move into your place though, because mine still has my deaf contraptions… I’d kinda like to start anew,” she smiled.

“Start anew? Well, I’d like to start anew too… with you… in a zoo…”

She laughed loudly. “Stop it.”

“Okay, sorry, done,” he smiled.

“I’m excited,” she beamed.

“About what?... oh right, getting married,” he laughed after she gave him a look. “I’m excited too.”

“Ohh, oh, can we go tell my parents now? Please?” she grinned.

“Sure, what else are we gonna do?”

“Uh, finish cleaning your bathroom,” she told him very seriously. He rolled his eyes.

Five minutes later, they pulled up at the Bristow’s house and Sydney practically skipped up to the front door. They found that Sydney’s parents weren’t inside, but outside on the back deck, painting kitchen cabinets, which, apparently, was Mrs. Bristow’s new project. Without even saying hello first, Sydney squealed “I’m getting married!”

“Oh Sydney, that’s wonderful!” her mother beamed. Then she gave her daughter a smothering hug, but Sydney didn’t even mind; she was too excited.

“Wonderful,” her father agreed, smiling.

“AND, I’m moving into Michael’s apartment,” she told them happily. The Bristow’s reaction to this news was less than overzealous, which Michael expected, still he shrank slightly.

“Oh?” her mother asked, while her father scowled.

“Yes, it’s stupid for Michael and I to both keep paying rent when we could be saving to buy a house later on,” she rationalized.

“Right,” Michael added, slipping an arm around her shoulders. Sydney gave her father a pleading look.

“Well,” he began cautiously. “I suppose that makes sense… as long as you’re happy, Sweetheart.”

“I am,” she said, grinning up at Michael. “Very, very happy.”

Epilogue

“Michael, is Emily ready yet?” Sydney groaned, looking at her watch.

“Uh, I dunno, I’ll go check,” he said. He jogged up the stairs to find his eleven-year-old. The first place he checked was her room, but she wasn’t there. Then, he went to the bathroom and found her combing out her long brown tresses, her new obsession. Ever since she had discovered the joys of preening herself a few months earlier, she and the bathroom mirror had spent a lot of quality time together (much to her parents displeasure).

Michael flicked the bathroom light to call his daughter’s attention. Emily was born with the same genetic condition as her mother and had completely lost her hearing the previous year. A year before that, when her hearing first started to disappear, she had been very adamant about the fact that she wanted a cochlear implant. They told her then that she had to wait until she was at least thirteen to have the implant but now, she wasn’t sure if she wanted it since it was, in her words, really ugly.

“What?” Emily sighed, not taking her attention off the mirror. Michael flicked the lights again, forcing her to look at him. He signed to her that they were leaving and she needed to come along. “In a minute,” she sighed, turning back to her reflection.

Unlike her mother, Emily hadn’t quite mastered the talent of lip reading, so she relied mainly on sign language. Sydney and Michael had started teaching both Emily and their son, Greg, sign language right away, just in case one of them became deaf. Greg, who was three years younger than Emily, was unaffected by the hearing loss gene his mother and sister had.

Annoyed, Michael began flicking the lights on and off non-stop until Emily finally threw her brush down on the counter. “Alright, alright. I’m ready,” she grumbled and stomped passed him. Michael followed her down the steps and to the kitchen where the rest of their family was waiting.

“Are we ready now?” Sydney asked, both aloud and in sign language.

“Yeah, yeah, let’s get this family stuff over with,” Emily sighed.

“You need to behave, Emily Jean,” Sydney told her, but Emily turned away, not wanting to hear (or, in this case, see) her mother’s lecture. Sydney groaned, slightly annoyed, but Michael laughed and put his arm around her, smiling.

“Like mother, like daughter,” he said.

“Yeah… but I don’t know if that’s a good thing,” she sighed.

“Trust me,” he smiled. “It is.”

thanks for reading everyone! :hug: and thanks to the betas as always :hug:

tomorrow - What's Left of Me
now im off to take a test :run:

sweeet
they got married and had kids
but what hppened to vaughns mom was stuff resolved
awesome fic as always
good luck with ur test

What did Dad say?”

“He was actually really good about it,” Michael told her. “He told me that he couldn’t have found a better man himself
Aww ^_^ well thats a bit cute, isnt it!! hehe

loved it

and they all lived happily ever after ;)

new fic!! YAY :D

sweeet
they got married and had kids
but what hppened to vaughns mom was stuff resolved
well i ment to sorta imply that with them going to the family thing in the epilogue. Basically, Mrs. Vaughn realized she was being a stuipd bitch and came around to the idea of Sydney as a family member. After all, she never disliked sydney as a human being; she just didn't like her deaf-ness

Yes that's about right... they had six babies :smiley: I loved it... but also on A LIFETIME they also had 6 children LOL... I have to beat that... maybe on LAFT they could have more... all they need to do is adopt :lol:

i thought there were 7 in a christmas wish... she had her 3.. then the twins.. then the boy.. then was pregnant again?
what is LAFT? i can't remember when using just the letters...

oh my god, i just died laughing...

Awww Janet this was an adorable fiction. I like how it ended. I liked the whole thing. It was so cute. yay... me in happy mood.
thanks for sharing.. can't wait for the next story!!!

i'm going to a rachael ray taping today.. i might be on tv!! squeeeeel!!

omg thats soooooooo funny

:D Well maybe I gave you a good hint for a future fic :angelic:

“What fears?” Michael asked softly.

“Children,” she said, her eyes downcast. “My children might be deaf, Michael; there’s a good chance they will be.”

awww Michael's soooo :love:

“But your shower is icky,” she pointed out.

I literally dispise icky showers too!!!!!!!!!!! :yuck:

“Like mother, like daughter,” he said.

“Yeah… but I don’t know if that’s a good thing,” she sighed.

“Trust me,” he smiled. “It is.”

Fluffy sappy ending!!!!!!!!!!!! :woot:

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!

It's been a while since I've been here. Congrats on being promoted. Good luck on your test. I love the ending. It's perfect! The entire story was great.

Back