Live Together, Die Alone

I've been distracted for a minute. Who was that Desmond was just talking to? Someone's father, but do we know the someone? :confused:
The man that Desmond is talking to in the car is the father of his "ex"-girlfriend.

Anyway, what an amazing season finale!! "Live Together, Die Alone" (the whole two hours) gets a 5 out of 5 from me, and I don't care what anyone says. :D

I'm just going to talk a little about the main settings of the season finale:

The Hatch -- I think Desmond's flashback is one of the most (if not the most) important character's backstory we've seen. It explained so much about what is going on in the hatch, and what it used to be like. Locke and Desmond locking Mr. Eko out of the "button room" was great, and Mr. Eko trying to blow open the door was even better. I guess he was too focused on getting into the room to realize that he and Charlie were in a much too small area to set explosives off without putting themselves in danger. That isn't even the best part of this setting, though. That scene of the countdown going to zero (and beyond) was INSANE!! That only resulted in half (2) of the cliffhangers, though. (What happened to the hatch after the system was shut off? :eek: Have the survivors (or, Desmond) really been located by those two men? :eek:

The Others -- I personally loved the scene when Michael admits what he's been doing in order to get his son back. Also, we now understand (somewhat) why Hurley was chosen to come with them: To tell the survivors to never come after them (or something like that). So Michael gets his Waaaaaaalt back, and they're apparently going to be rescued. Why? The Others also need Kate, Jack and Sawyer to "come home" with them for some reason. Holy cliffhangers, Batman!! That setting gives us the other half (2) of our cliffhangers. Will Michael and Walt really be rescued after they take that little boat trip to another part of the island? :eek: What do The Others need with Kate, Jack and Sawyer? :eek:

Little Things:
-- Charlie and Claire finally kissed. :smiley:
-- In Desmond's flashback, Elizabeth is the name that Libby gives herself. What's her real name?
-- When Sayid, Sun and Jin go sailing, they see a "monument" of a foot with four toes. :blink:

Anyway, I would've probably written more if I would've had someone else's post to respond to, but oh well...

I'm going to have to watch it again in a few days to see if I missed anything, or just to watch it again...because it was SO awesome!!

The countdown to season three begins... :woot:

Amazing episode! So much better than last year's cliffhanger.

Desmond's flashback was great, perhaps the best this far. I was so happy to see him again. Interesting connection with Libby(Elizabeth?). Was she in the mental hospital because her husband died and she couldn't handle it?

Do you guys think that Eko and Locke are dead? They usually kill people off when their stories are told but we still don't know what got Locke into a wheelchair. We don't actually know what happened with the hatch after Desmond turned the key. I find it strange that Charlie didn't seem that upset about the whole thing. I kind of secretly enjoyed the moment when Locke had to admit he was wrong :lol: :angelic: He was starting to annoy me with his stubborness.

I so want to kick Michael's ass for what he did. What do the Others want from Kate, Jack and Sawyer? Was their plan just to take away the leaders to make sure they would be left alone? Hopefully this doesn't mean we won't see Jack, Kate and Sawyer in ages, like it was with Walt and Michael. It looks like Henry is the boss, not the man with the fake beard. No wonder the Others wanted him back. If Henry is the boss why was he out in the jungle alone when he got captured? You would think he would have had "bodyguards" with him :P And who's the big boss Henry was so afraid when he was captured.. Questions, questions!

I was wondering how did guys at the end know to look for that electromagnetic thing but I believe Pen's father had something to do with Desmond ending up at the island (the name Windmore has popped up in several episodes). Perhaps Pen found out and now works against her father and tries to find Desmond. We've been watching the people on the island for two seasons, perhaps in season three we get to see what goes on in the "real" world.

The statue of the huge leg was weird :blink:

Charlie and Claire :love:

The whole Pen thing really confused me but also intruiged me, for one reason....

Widmore is a big name in the metafictional book "Bad Twin", written by 'a passenger of flight 815'.

A really good finale!

Finaly lost is getting exciting again :D

What was it with the hole statue thing with only 4 toes? :thinking:

Do you guys think that Eko and Locke are dead?
Desmond said something about Locke saving him, so now it was his turn to save Locke! So I think Mr Eko and Locke is alive and Desmond is dead..

What do the Others want from Kate, Jack and Sawyer?
I wonder that too, why only the 3? because their interested in seeing the developing on the treesome? :P

Anyway my guess is that Sayid will go after them..

Henry or what his name is said something about them being the good guys? so are they really?

um seriously... i dont even know if i have words for this
at the end, pretty much, i just started laughing becuase it was sooo :wtf:
i think sayid's comment about the leg - whether he should be more concerned about the rest of it or that it only had four toes - stole the show for me :lol: :rotflmao: that was awesome

the island just. gets. wierder.

locke/echo - boy things aren't looking good for them... echo is expendable but locke :cry: what will i do without terry oquinn?!

i think its interesting that desmond crashed the plane ... but you know what would be more interesting? if the hatch's second little magnetic field dilemma crashed another plane
speaking of magnetic fields - the artic pole people?! hmmmmmm yea that was just odd :blink:

a little charlie claire love at the end :love: and lets not forget the jack/kate look at the end :love: :love:

it didnt have as :jawdrop: cliffy as last season, but i liked it, it was definitely very interesting

The Hatch -- ...That scene of the countdown going to zero (and beyond) was INSANE!! That only resulted in half (2) of the cliffhangers, though. (What happened to the hatch after the system was shut off? :eek: Have the survivors (or, Desmond) really been located by those two men? :eek:
Good question, plus, it looks like the electromagnetic problem has been released (?) (ie: no more button-pushing necessary) . . . but does that mean that the island no longer has the electromagnectic properties at all, or is it that the "dam" has been broken and the EM is allowed to flow freely instead of ticking out? Will this cause other problems?

-- In Desmond's flashback, Elizabeth is the name that Libby gives herself. What's her real name?
Isn't Libby a nickname for Elizabeth?

Do you guys think that Eko and Locke are dead? They usually kill people off when their stories are told but we still don't know what got Locke into a wheelchair. We don't actually know what happened with the hatch after Desmond turned the key. I find it strange that Charlie didn't seem that upset about the whole thing.
It was a weird experience, so there might be a bit of shock involved (for Charlie). Besides, who knows how that big blast of EM affected him? (That in itself could lead to some interesting developments for all 3 of those characters.) I'm sort of expecting Eko and Locke back because they were pretty close to Charlie and--yes--we haven't found out how Locke got into the wheelchair, which is an important backstory development which they wouldn't want to leave out--let's face it!!! Desmond, I'm guessing it's not looking so good for him.

I so want to kick Michael's ass for what he did. What do the Others want from Kate, Jack and Sawyer? Was their plan just to take away the leaders to make sure they would be left alone? Hopefully this doesn't mean we won't see Jack, Kate and Sawyer in ages, like it was with Walt and Michael. It looks like Henry is the boss, not the man with the fake beard. No wonder the Others wanted him back. If Henry is the boss why was he out in the jungle alone when he got captured? You would think he would have had "bodyguards" with him :P And who's the big boss Henry was so afraid when he was captured.. Questions, questions!
Right, unHenry certainly seemed to be afraid of someone, but the beard-guy seemed to be taking orders from him (and--hurrah--looks like maybe more Michael Emerson next season, I love him!). Michael was pretty bad, but wasn't Jack pretty bad too? He let Kate, Hurley, and Sawyer stay in the dark while Michael led them all into a trap . . . Jack assumed that they were going to the location at the rock that Michael had described--an incorrect and fatal logical flaw in his reasoning. In fact, he assisted Michael by ignoring Kate's good points about the medical hatch--no, they're not "stone age." So Jack did his own little betrayal job, too, didn't he? He could have let them in on the game, but then Hurley probably wouldn't have gone along with it, would he?

As far as those three being "the leaders" . . . well, Jack is a leader, but so is Locke, really, and they didn't try for him (despite what unHenry told him). Sawyer does all he can to make the others hate him. He makes himself prominent, but in a "Hate me, please" sort of way. Kate . . . not so much a leader, more of a run-awayer. She's prominent, but not in a leadership sort of way. It's true, though, that Jack, Sawyer, Kate, and Locke came after them earlier, and Locke wasn't that hot to tangle with the Others. But I'm not sure that Kate would be that high on coming back after them. (We're not done yet, Zeke) Sawyer, though, I'm not so sure. Though his gun ploy sure cooled things down for a while. What these guys do have in common is their capacity for keeping things from others and getting others to do what they want. Locke has shown a little manipulative aptitude, but he's fallen off of late, getting more wrapped up in his own personal frustrations. So I can't help wondering if it's their mind games ability that the Others are interested in.

I was wondering how did guys at the end know to look for that electromagnetic thing ... We've been watching the people on the island for two seasons, perhaps in season three we get to see what goes on in the "real" world.
This is the first we've seen of that. It would be interesting.

Henry or what his name is said something about them being the good guys? so are they really?
Well, of course they think so! It's a matter of perspective, you know. The Others have done some pretty bad things, abductions, killings, but so have the crash survivors. I guess the crash survivors have been in response mode, so they can see it as a matter of self-defense from their point of view, that they didn't ask to be thrown out of their lives onto this island. But, on the other hand, the Others were already there. Perhaps they are in survival mode too--and for a lot longer. Are they test subjects, testers, castaways, or a mixture? (We know that there are at least a few castaway-abductees.) How much do they know about what's going on and about why they're there? It will be interesting to find out as our three discover what is going on.

What I find strange is that the Others would simply hand over a boat and Walt (!) to Michael, give him a heading for rescue, and let him go. Does this mean that the Others aren't interested in being rescued? If so, what is their interest? (If they are researchers, they do not seem to be getting adequate support at this time.) UnHenry told Locke that the Others would never let Walt go--and I tended to believe that; plus a boat would seem to me to be a rather valuable commodity. Are they expecting to "rescue" it themselves, given the "snow globe" qualities of the island? In any case, I simply can't trust that particular development.

ETA: Speaking of the "snow globe" thing, how do people get in? Or is it a one way thing, you can get in, but not out? Or do you need some sort of electromagnetic event (like Desmond's oops) to get in? If so, how did the researchers get in? If it's hard to get in and/or hard to see because of the EM/snow globe effect, it would explain why the place is uncharted. ;)

More ETA: Oh, yeah ... and didn't they say the plane went down in 2004? Interesting. ;)

The foot was my kind of nifty detail. :lol: Was it manifested by Walt or some other pet phenom the Others have under their wing? Or is the island in some sort of pan-dimensional overlap? (It was part of a statue built by some race from some other place.)

And finally, Locke . . . so he didn't believe. So what? If he was so sure that it was a big nothing, what did it matter if Eko was merrily pushing the button until the crack of doomsday? No, Locke couldn't let it go, he had to prove that it was all for nothing and that he was a nothing for believing it, huh? "I was wrong." No s***, Sherlock. And I'm sure that all the people you're responsible for killing will forgive you if you run and say you're sorry, too. :rolleyes: I sure hope he's alive because I can't wait to see what happens next with him. ^_^ The thing is, I don't get "man of science" Jack. He saw the concrete & evidence of magnetic activity--something was going on--yet all along he was "Nothing's going to happen." I'm like, if you're a man of science, why don't you at least try to find some supporting facts before coming to a conclusion? Jack's not a man of science, he's a man of emotion. He almost always acts before thinking it through. He only claims he's a man of science. :hmm:

Oh, and . . . nobody mentioned that Inman, the army guy who maneuvered Sayid into torturing his superior, was Kelvin. :lol: I thought that was great. I love Clancy Brown anyway. And, yeah, Desmond, loved him, I think he got his honor back. ;) The weird thing is . . . it seems like they were all maneuvered into being on the island--those people being on that plane, it crashing--yet it seemed like total chance that Desmond ended up outside just then, the factors that led to the crash itself . . . could it have been a set-up??? Oooooooooh, synchronicity!!!!! Wouldn't it be weird if the Hanso Foundation were studying "synchronicity" itself?! :woot: Ah well . . .

Anyway, great ending, loved the finale. Questions answered, new questions asked. Can't wait for next season. :D
✌️

i love desmond. thoroughly hope he's not dead because he's my favourite i think.
i enjoy that jack, sawyer and kate are all going to be stuck together with the others. for one, with the others = scary. and two, major love trinagle-age going on there. i'm all for the skate, and was a little upset by the jate look at the end :P but i think them being with the others will be a very interesting thing. they will have to work together and cooperate in order to get away or anything like that. should be fun.
the whole thing with pen was a little freaky. though i suppose it throw the whole "they're in purgatory" idea out the window. some people i know are thinking that maybe pen's father is behind the entire island. i don't know though.
guess we'll just have to wait and see for next year.

m-c

oh right, ps - charlie and clare :love:

I'll I've got to say is wow!! This finale was great, but why was Desmond's wife or ex wife or watever looking for them, and why did she like know where the island was. And wany didn't John and Echo tell everybody about Hanso? And why are all the journals just hanging around the island like that. I though they went to the headquaters. And why would Jack or Kate or sawyer or Hurley recongiize that they weren't headed towards the beach. And why did Charlie not really care that Echo and John were still not found? And will we ever see Walt or Michael again? And what were those tests they were running on Walt? And how many others are ther? I think all those huts and stuff were al fake, tha's what Sayhid found out anyway. And what was that look that Jack gave Kate. Was it I'm sorry I dragged you into this, or was it I have a plan to get us out? And did Desomand really make Oceanic flight 813 crash? And if he made it crash because the system failed, then another plane must be crashing right now. Because John and Desmond made the system fail. I loved the finale though. It was really good, but I still have a lot of questions, and I did see MI3 and I saw no clues for Lost, but JJ abrams is the creator of lost, and he did work on Mi3 so maybe something is behind that. and did anyone crakc any of the Hanso websites?

wow, lost was really amazing last night. i have a ton of questions though. like did desmond really make flight 815 crash? and if he did, is another plane going to crash on the island? what is desmond's exgirlfriend doing? i really want to find out more about the others. are they going to find the other dharma stations on the island?

Maybe Pen's father did all this to get Desmond away from his daugther, and he is THE ONE the others are talking about. Maybe Pen found out about all this and put some kind of tracker in the book she gave Desmond, and the tracker redeemed when Desmond opened the book

and lets not forget the jack/kate look at the end :love: :love:

no let's not!!! i watched the look twice again before i could move on! :lol: :love: :love: good good good. aah very interesting finale, it was better than the last one! was very annoyed at michael all along. so hmm will michael and waaaalt get rescued now? or is it just a fake thing, are they sailing right into a trap? or maybe it's a dead end again and they'll come back in mid-s3 or something. we got to see more of desmond's story, which was really good. i don't care if ecko/eko/echo is alive or not, but i kinda hope locke is, even though he annoys me at times.

does anyone know when s3 starts?

Double-posting to push this back up ... I added a bunch to books & the sound track, so this was now the last pinned item. ;) Sorry about the extra post.

I'm hearing October.

Yes, it seems almost 100% that it'll start on October 4th. We'll see six consecutive new episodes before a 12-week break in November until February (a mini-cliffhanger will, of course, be involved here), and then we'll see consecutive, uninterrupted episodes until the finale. This is in response to everyone who hated all the reruns that were placed in weird spots during the past two seasons.

I've been distracted for a minute. Who was that Desmond was just talking to? Someone's father, but do we know the someone? :confused:

Yep, that's Penny's dad, Mr. Widmore (we've seen the name Widmore before...the construction building behind Charlie in his flashback from "Fire + Water" had the words Widmore Construction on it, and Sun's pregnancy test that she got from Sawyer is from Widmore Labs).

Back