LiveJournal Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awwww i love all you guys so very much. Way to make a girl feel loved!!

Celina- Thanks sweetie! :hugs: Glad you like them!

Oooh Hibou!! Youre hosted too?? Thats awesome! And Leslie too!! EE! Da families growing! Say it with me! "Jaimie Ruuuuuules!"
And the font is.. Mekanik LET. I go through font phases. This is mine at the moment.

m-c- Ohh thanks babe! I heart you too haha.

Les- Haha i love that part "Nice. Firm. Buttocks!" Whats The Robinsons?

Jaimie- Awww you are too great. The sig and av looks sexy on you haha.

Sher- Haha Kells!Icons. I love Notting Hill. Its seriously the sweetest movie ever.

Thanks for the comments guys!! I really appreciate it a lot!

textures: anica,
brushes: photoshop, insomniac
fonts: century gothic
lyrics: "Porque te vas" by Jeanette, "You Can't Hurry Love" by The Supremes

alicia.jpg
alexis1.jpg
alexis2.jpg
alexis3.jpg
alexis4.jpg
alexis5.jpg

Kelly V said:
Les- Haha i love that part "Nice. Firm. Buttocks!" Whats The Robinsons?
[post="1449003"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
Hehe I know! it's priceless. The Robinsons is a show on BBC. It also stars Martin Freeman (of Office and Hitchhiker's Guide fame ^_^).

Hhahah damn. I was too slow in stealing your hot neck icon Kelly. :lol:

And yes. Jaimie and her hostingess rocks indeed ^_^

Kelly - I don't want to sound like I want to copy your style, but I rreeaallyy love your coloring. What do you set the layers to?

I guess Jaimie meant "kicked off of the boards" -- that's what happened to me over the past hour :angry: :(

Anyway, I came across this package of Gradients by Anica and thought I could finally try those thingies out....

the result were my first three real icons, posting them in order of "appearance"..and after making #3, #1 looks already kinda dull <_<

lena_1.jpg
irina_1.jpg
lena_2.jpg

Brushes: moargh.de

^ :jawdrop: Gorgy, Bine! My fave is #3. Sexxaayyyy. :love:

A gagillion David Bowie lyrics icons. And I'm not even finished yet! :lol: The idea/format comes from grrliz_icons @LJ. She is pure genius.

Textures: Leomo, berndf (Creative), and denrito

bowie1.jpg
bowie2.jpg
bowie2B.jpg
bowie3.jpg
bowie4.jpg
bowie5b.jpg
bowie5c.jpg

bowie5.jpg
bowie5d.jpg
bowie6.jpg
bowie7.jpg
bowie7b.jpg
bowie8.jpg
bowie9.jpg

bowie10.jpg
bowie11.jpg
bowie11B.jpg
bowie12.jpg
bowie13.jpg
bowie14.jpg
bowie15.jpg

bowie16.jpg
bowie17.jpg
bowie18.jpg
bowie19.jpg
bowie19b.jpg
bowie19c.jpg
bowie20.jpg

bowie21.jpg
bowie22.jpg
bowie23.jpg
bowie24.jpg

celina: my fave's number three but one is really really cool too. i really like the close ups on the mouth and lips

les: "hot tramp i love you so" it's like it was written about me! haha...

m-c

Hibou said:
Kelly - I don't want to sound like I want to copy your style, but I rreeaallyy love your coloring. What do you set the layers to?
[post="1450497"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

No not at all!!

Ok, what i usually do (and it depends on the colouring of the screencap) but for the HP ones, cos they had beautiful colouring already, i di the usual image preparation stuff, screen, softlight, yada yada yada, then i set a yellowy or pinky or beigey layer to colour, and reduce the opacity to about 20-30. My next layer would be set to overlay, using a gradient. 99% o the time i use gradients by crumblingwalls on LJ. I fiddle with the opacity with that layer, seeing what looks good. My 3rd layer will probably be another gradient, set to softlight. Again, i play with the opacity to get what i want from the colouring.

This is what i do probably 80% of the time. If the colour is really crappy with the screencap, then i might not set a colour layer, or overlay, or with other i may use a texture. But i hardly use thxtures of brushes with my icons. I like simplicity as a style. Hope that helps!

Feedback!

Celina- I adore the 3rd on of lena. Very cool use of brushes!
Leslie-Those are all so awesome, and i must have been reading your mind, because without further adue...

SCRUBS QUOTE ICONS!! They were meant to be of the whole cast, but i adore Dr Cox so much that most of them turned out to be quotes from him. Heh. These were fun.

icon405.png
icon406.png
icon407.png
icon408.png
icon409.png
icon410.png
icon411.png
icon413.png
icon414.png
icon415.png
icon416.png
icon417.png
icon418.png

Hibou said:
Evacuated? WTF?
[post="1450933"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

acting_chica said:
^^ yeah i missed that too. felt like i should have known. don't feel like such a loser now :P

m-c
[post="1450960"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Celina said:
I guess Jaimie meant "kicked off of the boards" -- that's what happened to me over the past hour  :angry:  :(
[post="1450989"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

umm, yeah. In Michigan, near my house a chemical plant exploded and i live about 2 blocks away, so i was evacuated and we can't go back to our house until a hazmat team gives us the clear. We're waiting on a press conference at noon.....I'm suprised no one heard, it's been on CNN and MSNBC.....oh well, but yeah, that's the reason. I went home to get clothes and leave because the burning chemicals were horrible. But yeah....anyways, HP icons as soon as I get home, I'm at work right now.

ETA:
Celina, I like #3 best.
Leslie, they're all great. I love Bowie, isn't he just the best?
Kelly, scrubs quotes :thud: i just love Zach. Lovely icons, gals!

kels: scrubs icons are grand! i like the what in the name of 'are you there god it's me margaret' were you thinking best i think...but i can never really decided. i heart zach braff!

jaimie: hmmm...i live in michigan. think i would have heard...but oh my god that's really scary. i'm glad you aren't dead. ^_^

m-c

ps the smiling face doesn't mean i'm kidding, it's just to lessen the scary-ness.

SCRUBS! :rotflmao: Oh I love them... hehe. The "yawn" one could be used for... devious purposes. ;) ;) ^_^ j/k

Jaim - Squee! Bowie is love. :love:

ETA: Eegads! So sorry about the evacuation. :shocked: That's awful!

acting_chica said:
kels: scrubs icons are grand! i like the what in the name of 'are you there god it's me margaret' were you thinking best i think...but i can never really decided. i heart zach braff!

jaimie: hmmm...i live in michigan. think i would have heard...but oh my god that's really scary. i'm glad you aren't dead. ^_^

m-c

ps the smiling face doesn't mean i'm kidding, it's just to lessen the scary-ness.
[post="1451691"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back