Location Unknown

I know...I know...it's another follow-up to the season finale. Sorry, but I couldn't help myself. Hopefully, my approach will be a little different than what others have been doing. Here goes!

Chapter One

Agent Sydney Bristow. CIA.

I don't know where I am. The room is empty. Where's Will? A.G. Doran? What had happened? The last thing I can remember is shooting her. Where did she go? But more important, where am I?

Sydney felt the cold metal of the chair digging into her arms, but she couldn't see anything. She couldn't remember the darkness having been interrupted yet, but how long had she been out of it?

Who did this to me? Why would they kill Francie?

"Ahh, Miss Bristow. You're finally awake." Sydney had heard that voice before, but where? She couldn't remember. She opened her eyes, but the glare of an interrogation lamp made it impossible for her to see her captor.

"Who...who are you?" she whispered, but her throat was sore and her voice was raspy.

"That is not a topic for tonight, Miss Bristow."

What else was there to discuss? I need to know where I am, how long I've been here!

Agent Michael Vaughn. CIA.

Vaughn sat at his desk, waiting for either his desk or cell phone to ring.

Come on, Sydney. It's been two days. Where are you?

Vaughn had asked Kendall whether Sydney had been assigned to an op without his knowledge, but Kendall denied it. Finally, after having waited thirty-six hours without seeing or hearing from Sydney, Vaughn approached Jack Bristow. He hadn't heard from her either.

Syd. This isn't like you.

Vaughn had already tried calling her cell and home phones, but no one had answered. He had left several frantic messages, but so far had had not reply.

Irina Derevko. Former KGB and SVR.

What had gone wrong? Come on, Doren. Call.

It had been three days since Agent Doren had last reported to Sark. This morning, Sark finally reported to Derevko that Doren was missing. Derevko shouldn't have left it to a young novice. The job was too big. Now Sydney was missing.

Where are they? Who got them?

Please let me know what you think!!! PM me or respond here!

Okay...here goes! Another small part of Chapter One.

Suddenly the light that had been shining in Sydney's face was turned off and the overhead lights flicked on. The door opened and another man came in. Sydney's first captor took the hint and left the room. Sydney searched the room with her eyes. Finally, she locked on to the interrogator.

"Hello, Sydney."

"You bastard!"

Agent Jack Bristow. CIA.

Syd, where are you?

Sydney still hadn't phoned in or shown up for work. Jack had gone to her apartment earlier, but no one had answered the door. Now, he returned home and grabbed the spare key Sydney had given him. He drove back to Sydney's apartment and let himself in.

What the hell happened here?

Jack looked around at the masses of broken glass. "Hello? Is anyone here?" he waited, listening. There was a small grunt from the bathroom. He walked, and as the door creeked open he bit his lip.

What happened here? Who's been here? Where is Sydney?!?!?!

"Will!" Jack raced to the edge of the tub. Will Tippin had managed to prop himself up on the edge of the tub.

"Jack," he whispered, clearly agitated. He tried to push himself up. Jack had already taken out his cell phone and was dialing Kendall.

"Kendall. It's Jack. I just found Will Tippin in Sydney's apartment. He's been stabbed. I don't know how long he's been here. We need a medic." From the other end, Kendall voiced his agreement.

"The medic should be there shortly." Kendall paused. "Any sign of Sydney?"

"No," Jack said. "She's not here. I don't know where she is." Kendall sighed on the other end of the line.

"We'll find her, Jack. We'll find her."

Jack tried to control himself. "Yeah. I hope so."

Kendall changed the mood. "So, the medic will be there shortly. They'll fix Will up and then we can bring him in. Have you checked the rest of the apartment?"

"Not yet," Jack said. "I got a little preoccupied."

"Understandable," Kendall said. "I'll send a team. You stay there with Tippin."

"Fine," Jack said and hung up the phone.

Sydney should be here. Where the hell is she?!?

Jack's thoughts were interrupted by Will as he struggled to whisper. "Sydney?" he asked, in great pain. Jack shook her head.

"We haven't found her yet, Will, but we will. We'll find her."

Come on, Syd. Call me. I know you're out there. Why haven't you called yet?

"Vaughn? Hey, Vaughn!" Vaughn spun his head around.

"Oh. Hey, Weiss." For a moment, he had hoped it was Sydney. He knew it wasn't, but still.

"Come on, Vaughn. You've got to get out of here. She'll be okay." Weiss stood over Vaughn. "You staying here without sleep won't help at all."

Vaughn knew Weiss was right, but somehow, staying here, waiting for Sydney, he felt like he was doing something. "No, Weiss. I'm staying here."

Weiss shook his head. "Atleast come get a cup of coffee with me." He saw Vaughn's hesitation. "You can take your cell phone with you." Vaughn knew he should go with Weiss.

"Fine," he said, standing up. "Let's go."

Syd, I'm not abandoning you. I'm just going somewhere else to wait. You'll find us, I know you will.

Assistant Director Kendall. CIA.

Come on, Kendall. This isn't the first time you've had an agent missing. They'll find Bristow.

Kendall had sent a medic and a search team to Bristow's apartment. In his gut, he knew they wouldn't find Sydney there. He knew someone had taken her, and the obvious suspect, of course, was Irina Derevko. They couldn't put it past her.

Kendall called together a team of agents. As they sat down in the meeting room, he started talking.

"As you all know, Agent Sydney Bristow has been missing for almost four days. She has most likely been kidnapped. The most likely suspect, of course, is Bristow's mother, Irina Derevko. Logically, all we have to do is find Derevko. Hopefully that will lead us to Bristow."

The agents around him nodded. One female agent shook her head. "Sir," she said. "With all respect, what about Arvin Sloane?"

Kendall accepted the question. "As you know, Agent Phillips, Arvin Sloane has formed a strategic partnership with Irina Derevko. We can only assume that he was included in the plans to kidnap Agent Bristow."

Agent Carley Phillips jumped in, "So we'll be searching for Arvin Sloane also then?"

"I suppose so, Agent Phillips." Kendall was obviously frustrated. He hated having these green agents in the field.

Will Tippin. CIA Analyst.

Tippin had been sitting in Sydney's tub for more than three days. He had managed to turn the water on to get a drink, but the pain had been unbearable.

Now, Jack was standing over him, talking. "Kendall's sending medics, Will. They'll be here soon." Will nodded. He knew he had lost a lot of blood, but it was apparently not too much, as he had been sitting there for days. His thoughts, however had been racing.

Sydney's gone. Doren. It's all Doren's fault.

On his first day sitting in the tub, Will had struggled with the realization that Doren had been using him. The CIA had been right to suspect him. Doren had been using him to steal information from the United States government.

Doren. Derevko. They're working together. Now they have Sydney.

Will had heard the struggle the first night he had been in the tub. He had heard shots fired, but who had been hit? Sydney? Allison Doren? Obviously one of them was dead.

Not Sydney. Please, God. Not Sydney.

Will began shaking. Jack took his hand. "Hang in there, Will. We'll get you through this." Suddenly, the house was filled with noise.

"We're in here," Jack hollered, and a team of medics burst into the room. The began leaning in over Will, moving him onto a waiting stretcher.

Will looked around. He couldn't see Jack anymore. "Jack. Jack," he whispered. He looked at the medics.

"We're taking you to the hospital, Mr. Tippin." Will nodded.

"Where's Jack?" he managed to whisper. The medics looked down at him as they loaded him into the ambulance.

"He's with the team inside, Mr. Tippin. They're looking for the other agents who were here." Will struggled to nod. He let them load him into the ambulance, then they whisked him off towards the hospital.

Agent Jack Bristow. CIA.

As Jack walked into Sydney's bedroom, he could hardly contain himself.

What happened? God, Sydney. You've got to be okay. Come back, darling.

Then he saw the body.

Francie. Sydney, why did you shoot your friend?

Something had been going on. Why else would Sydney have wrestled with her best friend and destroyed her apartment? Jack knew he had to talk to the only person who had been there.

Jack raced out the apartment, jumped into his car, and started driving to the hospital.

That's all I have right now. I don't really know if anyone's reading this. If you are reading it, please post, just so I can know. I'll try and post more later today. I really like writing it, but please tell me whether you like reading it. Be honest! Thanks!

Agent Jack Bristow. CIA.

Room 216. Jack looked at the number on the door. He knocked, then pushed the door open. The room was dark. The bed closest to the door was empty. Jack's eyes floated to the second bed. Will was hooked up to several monitors and an I.V.

God, Sydney. How did this happen? Where are you?

As Jack was walking towards Will, his cell phone rang. He pulled it to his ear.

"Jack Bristow," he said briskly.

"I told you we'd be in touch," came the raspy voice from the other side. Jack would know that voice anywhere -- Arvin Sloane.

"You bastard," Jack whispered. "Where's Sydney?"

"You know I can't tell you that, Jack."

Jack fought the urge to hang up on Sloane.

You've got to do it for Sydney. He knows where she is. You have to cooperate with him; you've got to save her.

"Why are you calling me?" Jack fought to get the words out, spitting them out from the back of his throat.

"Rambaldi, Jack. It's the reason Sydney's gone. Rambaldi's the right path, Jack. Are you ready to take it?"

Jack looked down at his tightly clenched fist. "Will I get to see Sydney?"

"We'll see, Jack. I'll be in touch." Then, Jack heard the familiar click of the phone.

Bastard!

Will woke up in the empty hospital room. He tried to move his head, but his neck was too sore. He tried to sit up, but the pain in his lower back restricted his motion. In his peripheral vision, Will could see a red nurse's call button. He reached out his left hand to grab it, but the shaking kept him from grasping it.

Doren. Where is she? Dammit!

Suddenly, a beam of light streamed into the room. Will tried to turn his head, but the now familiar pain swept through his body. He heard the shuffle of feet across the linoleum floor.

"Mr. Tippin?" a female voice spoke as a nurse leaned over Will. She smiled when she saw that he was concious. "You're awake!"

Will managed a slight nod. "Jack?" he whispered.

The nurse's face changed. "Agent Bristow left a few minutes ago. He said he'd be back. You'll have to not refer to him around the other nurses. Not all of them are CIA." Will nodded slightly again.

"Sydney?" he managed to say.

"They haven't found her yet." The nurse checked the monitors sitting around Will. "I'm going to give you some more pain medicine now, Mr. Tippin. You'll be asleep for a few hours." Will nodded and felt a wave of relief wash over him as the nurse injected him with the medicine.

Vaughn sat next to Weiss in a diner near the headquarters. He looked down into his cup of coffee. He knew Weiss was trying to get him to relax and get his mind off of Sydney, but all he wanted to do was find her.

Where are you, Sydney? What happened to you? Please come back, Sydney. I love you.

Weiss began talking, but Vaughn couldn't hear what he was saying. He stirred more cream into his coffee, watching as the white dissolved into the deep brown, changing to a lighter shade.

Suddenly, Weiss' voice was clear. "Mike. Mike!" Vaughn looked up to find Weiss staring at him. "Come on, man. Don't worry about her. She can take care of herself."

Vaughn knew Weiss was right. Sydney had gotten herself out of situations before, she could do it again. But this time was different. She was already hurt when they took her. She wouldn't have been able to fight.

Sydney looked into the eyes of the man before. "Arvin Sloane," she whispered. "I should have known." Rage built up in her stomach. She fought the anger, not wanting to show him her pain. She bit her bottom lip, glaring at Sloane. "What do you want from me?" she spoke in a steady tone.

Sloane stared at her. "It's simple, Sydney. We need you."

"For what?" Sydney spit the words out.

Don't lie to me. You don't need me. You've never needed me. You take care of yourself, Arvin Sloane. You always have. Don't lie to me.

"You'll know soon enough, Sydney. We've got plenty of time." With that, he stood up and left the room.

Irina Derevko. Former KGB and SVR.

Irina dialed the number one last time. She had been calling Sloane repeatedly for hours.

Don't play with me, Arvin. I know what you're doing.

Once again, no one answered the phone. Irina swore to herself. She looked at the blonde man next to her. "Anything?"

"No. Sloane's disappeard. No one's seen him for days."

"Phone records?"

Sark shook his head. "No calls on the numbers we have."

Where have you taken her? I thought you were giving it up! It's controlling you now.

Agent Carley Phillips. CIA.

Carley Phillips had never really known Sydney Bristow. Sure, she had heard of her. Who hadn't? Sydney had the prestige that every young agent yearned for. Carley only hoped that someday she would be appreciated as much as Sydney Bristow. But for now, she would just have to put up with Kendall's disdain.

She looked over the briefs she had been given. Arvin Sloane. What is he after? Arvin Sloane had always interested Carley. She knew he used to be CIA ages ago, but she couldn't figure out why he had quit. Why would you give this up?

Sydney, where are you? Weiss had finally admitted defeat and taken Vaughn back to the office. He now sat pouring over reports about the whereabouts of Arvin Sloane and Irina Derevko. Even though he knew no one really knew where Derevko and Sloane were, he couldn't help himself. He had to find Sydney.

"Agent Vaughn," came a voice from behind him. Vaughn turned around to find Kednall standing over him.

"Oh. Director Kendall," Vaughn said.

Kendall hesitated. "Agent Vaughn, do you think it's appropriate for you to be part of this task force?"

Vaughn just stared at Kendall. He couldn't believe it. Not be part of the task force? I have to find Sydney! "Director Kendall, I need to be part of the task force that finds Sydney."

Kendall nodded. "I thought you'd say that." He paused for a moment. "Agent Vaughn, I want you to talk to Doctor Barnett."

"You want me to talk to the shrink?!?" Vaughn couldn't believe that he was hearing. "Director Kendall, with all due respect, I just want to find Sydney. There's nothing wrong with me!"

Kendall just looked at Vaughn. "Agent Vaughn, it is my decision that you need to speak to Doctor Barnett before you're field graded in the search for Agent Bristow. If you decide not to obey these orders, you will find that you will no longer be part of the team searching for Agent Bristow."

"That's a low blow, sir," Vaughn said, trying to be polite but at the same time fuming.

"I know it is, Agent Vaughn, but I need you to see Doctor Barnett. I'll take my chances with the risk. Doctor Barnett will be expecting you at one o'clock. Please be there, Agent Vaughn. It's important."

"Fine," Vaughn said, in part just to get Kendall to leave him alone.

I don't need to see a shrink, Kendall. I just need to see Sydney.

Weiss came over. "What was that all about?" he asked, seeing the look on Vaughn's face.

"Kendall wants me to see a shrink. He's taking away my field rating until I do."

"Well, why would he do that?" Weiss asked.

"Something about me not being able to handle Sydney being gone." Vaughn shook his head. "I can't believe he's doing this."

"Are you going to talk to her?" Weiss asked.

"I don't know. Maybe. I guess I have to if I want to find Sydney."

"Yeah. I guess so, buddy." Weiss turned and walked away.

Will woke up again and found Jack sitting next to his bed. He managed to turn his head around a little to see the man. "Jack," he whispered. Jack looked up with a start.

"Will. You're awake," he said. Will nodded. Jack paused a second before continuing. "Will, what happened?"

Will took a deep breath. "It was Doren. They doubled Francie. I...I found Provacilium in the bathroom cabinet."

Jack nodded. "So she got you?" Will nodded. "What about Sydney?" Jack asked quickly.

"I don't know," Will said, forlorn. "She got home after me. I...I left her a message on her cell phone saying I had found the Provacilium. I heard her come in. They...they fought. I don't know what happened, though. I was in the bathroom."

Jack nodded. "They're looking for Sydney. They don't know where she is, but Francie, I mean Doren, she didn't make it."

Will nodded.

Back