Logan

Hey. Sorry it took me so long. Enjoy!

Chapter 5

“What!!!???” was Vaughn’s reaction to the news about Sark during the debriefing “We are letting this Simon Walker just waltz in here?? Who knows what he might bring!”
“A dog” Sydney said to herself but loud enough for everyone to hear.
“I beg your pardon” This time was Lauren.
“Never mind that.” Jack said before Sydney could explain. “And yes, Mr. Vaughn. We are letting him come. He should arrive in less that an hour”.
“And when he does, we’ll bring him and Sark to the debriefing room to decide what to do next.” Dixon explained as he slides folders with information on Walker to the people around the table.
“But wait a second!” Vaughn restarted. “He hasn’t even explained anything, or given us any proof. You are just blindly believing him and doing whatever he wants!”
“First of all, Mr. Vaughn, I demanded that Walker come here. Second, he did give us explanatory facts. Just because you weren’t privy to them doesn’t make them less important. And for last, if Sydney, who is directly affected by this, believes Sark and is ready for facing what’s to come, that should be enough for you.” After Jack’s rageful speech the room was filled with silence, down cast looks and awkwardness. Fortunately for them all, Dixon broke it.
“We have recorded Sark’s phone conversation with Walker. Marshall has analyzed it and found that no codes or any form of covert communication skills were used. And since we don’t have any criminal records on Walker, there is no reason for us to treat him harshly.”
“Aside from the fact that he’s Sark’s friend.” Said Lauren.
“Alright! That’s enough!” Dixon angrily banged his hand on the table, getting everyone’s attention. “I don’t want to hear any more discussion on this matter. We are doing this! And if anyone has a problem, then deal with it!”
Weiss, almost afraid to say anything, started. “Dixon, I don’t want to discuss your decisions but, maybe you should give us more details. You can’t blame us for not blindly diving into something Sark is involved…”
Dixon was about to answer when his secretary walked in the room. “Excuse me sir. Mr. Walker has arrived.”
“He’s early” Vaughn expressed the obvious.
Dixon thought for a moment before addressing his secretary. “Scan him for everything and bring him in when he’s clean.”
The woman nodded and left. “Well, Agent Weiss, you won’t have to wait much longer to hear the details.”
“Agent Vaughn “ called Jack. “Go get Sark.”
Vaughn looked from Jack to Sydney before getting up and leaving the room.

Sark looked up at the sound of the gate opening, hoping it would be Sydney, to see Michael Vaughn and a guard standing before his glass cell.
Vaughn signed the guard to open the door and faced Sark’s stoic face.
“I should have known you’d come running back to her.” Sark said seriously as he stood up and let himself be handcuffed by the guard.
Vaughn ignored Sark’s taunting and entered the cell. He leaned close to the younger man, looking him in the eye and said “I know what you and Jack did.”
Sark faced the agent angrily. “And surely you wish we hadn’t acted on our decision?” he asked sarcastically, and with one of his cocky smirks he added. “Or maybe you regret not being here, not being involved, regret being too weak.” He said it slowly, taunting, savoring every word. “But some women go for the weak thing… Tell Mr. Vaughn, how is the lovely Ms. Reed doing?”
By then Vaughn was enraged and couldn’t (or didn’t want to) hold back punching Sark on the jaw. “Don’t you talk about my wife!”
Sark’s head was wiped to the left by the force of the punch. He took in the pain without much effort and spoke when he noticed a fresh drop of blood on the dark concrete floor. “You know, I had just gotten that to stop bleeding.”
Vaughn once again ignored Sark, grabbed him by the arm and led him away from the holding cells.

Meanwhile in the debriefing room

Dixon started pacing the room thinking of what to do next. “Ok, Weiss, go get the floor ready. I want all computers turned off; all papers put away, all monitors black. I don’t want to see even a weather report, and keep everyone on stand by. I want teams and planes ready to leave the moment I ask.” He turned to Marshall. “Marshall, I want everything that happens in this room recorded both video and audio. Every angle!”
“No problem Dix – Marc – Sir – Director – “
“Marshall!”
“Yeah, anyway... I even have a camera installed underneath the table I can use.”
“Everything Marshall, thank you.”
Weiss and Marshall left leaving in the room Dixon, Lauren, Jack and Sydney who had turned incredibly pale in the space of 2 minutes.
“I’m gonna have some water” She said getting up. A sudden need to leave the room overwhelmed her.
She ran to the women’s washroom and splashed some water on her face. Looking at the mirror, she noticed how tired and pale she looked. ´Get it together´ she thought to her self, she couldn’t let this stranger, Simon Walker, or anyone for that matter, see her like this.
Walking out of the washroom she literally ran into Sark being lead by Vaughn.
Before she could say anything, she saw that Sark’s face had fresh blood oozing out of his cut lip. She thought it weird because his cuts ought to have closed by now. Then it came to her, narrowing her eyes, she looked up at Vaughn and reached fro his left hand bringing it up to her eyes. Seeing what she expected (red and sensitive knuckles), she dropped his hand and turned around, leaving them behind.
“Syd!” Vaughn tried calling her back, only to receive a harsh wave of her hand, not even turning to look at him.
Vaughn looked down at Sark who had a smirk on his face. Angry, he shoved that younger man forward and into the debriefing room.
Weiss and Marshall were back by then. Vaughn sat Sark at a chair next to Jack and went around the table to his wife.
“Are the handcuffs really necessary?” Sark asked
“Yes!” Lauren said before everyone
Jack looked from her to Dixon who nodded his consent, and uncuffed the blond brit.
Sark tried making eye contact with Sydney but she wouldn’t look at him.
At that moment the door was opened and in walked a tall, clear skin, dark haired and eyed man followed by a security guard.
Simon Walker was casual but smart dressed and had an Emo look going on.
He easily found Sark with his eye and went his direction. Sark got up and they hugged a strong friendly hug. They separated and looked at each other.
“Jules” Simon started. “You look like felgercarb.”
“Thank you for coming Si.” The other answered
“No problem” Simon looked at Sydney and gave her a huge warm smile. “It’s good to see you, babe” he said softly. She couldn’t help smiling weakly back at him. He turned to Sark and held his friends shoulder. “Alright, let’s get this started.”
Sark nodded and began introducing Simon to the agents who were now all standing. “Simon, these are Director Dixon and senior agent Jack Bristow” at this Simon looked at Sark with a ´THAT´s – the – guy – Irina – is – wallowing – over?!´ look, to what Sark only responded with a short “I know.” Those both ignored the confused looks that went around the room and continued the introductions.
When Sark introduced agents Vaughn and Reed-Vaughn, Simon turned again. “I thought he had left”
Sark answered with an annoyed look. “If I had to guess, I’d say he returned nearly a month ago”
“HA!” Simon laughed “I’d say you’re right”
“Enough!” Dixon interrupted. “Mr. Walker, please have a seat.”
Simon sat down beside Sark.
“Now” Dixon started. “Let’s hear about Korea. What happened?”
All heads turned to Sark as he spoke. “Korea was a dead end, which is ultimately irrelevant anyway, for I realized I was looking for the wrong person.”
“Who were you looking for?”
“Katya Derevko”
“Why?”
“Because I believed her to be the one responsible for Sydney’s disappearance.”
“And why were you looking into Sydney’s disappearance?” Asked Vaughn angry.
“Because Mr. Vaughn” Sark answered already pissed off. “I care very much for Sydney and because along with her, my son also disappeared”
“Wait a second!” asked a smiling Marshall. “You have a son? For how long?”
“As of 4 months now” Sark sighted and smiled back.
“But that doesn’t make any sense… Sydney disappeared 2 years ago” Eric said confused.
“No Mr. Weiss. Sydney disappeared from your life 2 years ago. She disappeared from my life a month ago.”
By then, a big discussion had started. Sydney was looking down at the table feeling she might puke soon. Simon was sitting back on his chair and laughing at the scene before him. Jack said nothing and Marshall looked afraid someone would piss of Sark and killings would begin.
Lauren was asking Sydney if what Sark said was true, Weiss was reminding Lauren that Sydney didn’t remember, Vaughn was in denial, assuring his wife that Sark was crazy and that Sydney would never be a part of Sark’s life, all at the same time, until Sark let out a screaming “Gentlemen!” that got everyone to shut up, then he continued. “Let the woman speak for herself” he said calmly and all heads turned to Sydney.
She lifted her own head and looked at Sark. “I… you… uh… who…” She took a deep breath. “I need to know” A whisper.
Sark softened again and leaned closer to her over the table. Looking into her eyes he assured her. “I’ll tell you. I promise. But we need to do this first” He swallowed a sob and blinked away tears that no one noticed but her. “There is no time.”
She wiped her own tears with her hands and nodded mouthing and “Ok”
“Ok” he mouthed back and sat up on his chair facing Jack and Dixon. “Now, the one really responsible for Sydney’s disappearance was-“
“What? No! Wait a minute” Vaughn interrupted. “That’s it? I’m sorry but I’m not going to fly around the world looking for your son without so much as an explanation!”
“Well, then it’s your lucky day Mr. Vaughn, for I rather you not be involved in this either.”
“I’m going to have to agree with Agent Vaughn, Mr. Sark. We need to hear the story before anything” Dixon said.
“I think you don’t get…” Sark started coldly. “THE SERIOUSNESS OF THE SITUATION!” He shouted.
“Take it back, take it back!” Marshall whispered to Dixon.
“My son is out there! Sydney’s son! Your grandson, your godson!” He said to Jack and Weiss.
“What?” Simon looked confused. “I’m not Logan’s godfather?!”
Sark ignored Simon and continued. “He’s 4 months old, he was born premature and so I do not have the time to sit here and explain to your pack of monkeys what is not even their business!”
“I’m going to remind you, Mr. Sark, that you are in CIA custody, and so you’re not going anywhere until I say so. And I’m certainly not going to spare my resources to you without an explanation! So please… make yourself comfortable.” Dixon said just as angry.
“Jules, tell them… I’ve got my people on her. We’ve got some time” Simon calmed his friend.
Sark exchanged looks with Sydney and suddenly he was tired, exhausted. His face and upper body was sore and he was thirsty. Everyone was silent for a minute until Sark sat back on his chair and took a deep breath.
“It all started one night when Jack came and broke me out.”

Seriously! You can't just leave it there!!!

Great update!! PLEASE keep up the good work. I love it. And Vaughn's being such an A$$! Can you just kill him or something. Just kidding!

PLEASE update soon!

heyy I was reading your story at SD-1 but,, it close down.. so I just found it.
and i was wondering if you could update.. i really really love your story
so could you PM me if you update??
thankks:smiley: keep going.

Awww I loved your story!! I'm such a Sarkney addict and this is awesome. You describe emotions beautifully especially in the first chapter telling how Sydney felt by just little examples and then later on your portrayal of emotional Sark!! Please pm me when you update and try to update fast! (y)

Hi you all!!!
here is a little teaser from next chapter!!!

"How... why... you..?" tears burning in her eyes, she put her chair back and got up to leave the room. Jack moved to follow her but Sark stopped him.
"Beleive me Jack, she does not want to see you right now."
Vaughn got up to leave as well but was also blocked by the brit.
"Why don´t you go care for your own wife?" Sark suggested angrily and left the room after Sydney.

Hehehe

Hi there everybody... I'am so sorry this is taking me so long to update... i suck!! Anyway, I promise to work more on this!! I really miss it, but lately I got sucked into the world of Dawson's creek and gilmore girls....
Soo sorry!!

Chapter 6

“What!?” Sydney asked, not believing her ears “You broke him out?” She was almost screaming now.

“Sydney, calm down and let me explain!” Jack talked over her

“This is so typical” Sark said to himself shaking his head.

“What was that Mr. Sark?” Jack asked angry.

“I said this is typical of you, Jack! I knew you wouldn’t tell her”

“Tell me what?”

“Tell you that he knew where you were and sent me to get you” Sark answered her desperate question. Sydney froze. ‘How could he know and not tell?’ She couldn’t believe her father would keep something like that from her… but looking at his face, she knew at was true, and her stomach turned, yet again.

“How… why… you?” tears burning her eyes, she put her chair back and got up to leave. Jack moved to follow her but Sark stopped him.

“Believe me, Jack. She does not want to see you right now.”
Vaughn got up to leave as well but was also blocked by the brit.

“Why don’t you care for your own wife?” Sark suggested angrily and left the room after Sydney.

“Marshal” Dixon called “I want video!”
Sark knew exactly where to look for Sydney. He paid no notice to the sign on the door of the ladies toilet and went in.
As he expected Sydney was dry heaving into a toilet. He dunk a piece of cloth under tap water and brought it to her neck. The fresh humidness made her feel instantly better. She sat down on the floor only to see it was Sark sitting next to her. By this point she didn’t care if a wanted terrorist was walking free around the JTF. She still felt some of the refreshing water on her neck and put her hand to it to dry it off.

“It always worked” Sark said softly. She looked at him, silently asking ‘What?’ “You were sick on the first trimester” he explained simply. She looked away and after a moment gave a deep sight.

“I have something I wanted to show you” He broke the silence again. He went for his trousers pocket and from it he retrieved a small photograph and handed it to her. On it she saw a smiling version of herself holding a very small sleeping baby wrapped on a blue blanket in her arms. She held in a sob but could not hold in the single tear that ran down her cheek.

“I always keep it with me” He explained
Refraining herself from wondering how he got it past security she said “I look tired”
He gave a soft laugh. “That was the first day we brought him home from the hospital. You had been standing next to his crib for the past two months”.
She looked again at the picture of her son. Wow… ‘Her son’. It was curious, now, looking at the photo, she couldn’t not believe that he was real and she couldn’t help but miss him.

“Tell me about him”. She pleaded.
Sark sat back against the tile wall and looked at the picture in Sydney’s hands. “He’s a fighter.” He said with a sad smile. “And he’s silent… he never cries. We have to wake ourselves up to feed him at night.”

She smiled softly at the picture. “What’s his middle name?”

“Donahue.”

“Really? After my father?”

“Well… I chose ‘Logan’, so it was only fair that you choose the middle name.”

“I like Logan”

“I know.”

“Logan Donahue Lazarey” She said out loud, trying the sound of it.

“No” Sark corrected her “It’s Sark. Logan Donahue Sark”
She looked at him surprised that he denied his given name.

“I haven’t been Lazarey for a long time and I won’t go back to it” Sark said firmly. She nodded and ended the conversation not really wanting to make Sark angry. They were in silence for a minute before Sark realized something

“Sydney, how did you know my name was Lazarey?”

“Uhm… I don’t know…I-“

“I only told you this about a year ago. Did you remember?”

“I don’t know how I know… I just know.” Sydney was getting stressed and frustrated again, Sark sensed it and held her, trying to calm her down again.

“It’s alright, Sydney. It will come back to you. And if it takes too long I’ll find a way to get them back. Don’t worry.” He soothed her.

“Why didn’t he tell me?” She asked and Sark instantly knew she was talking about her father.

“I don’t know, love. But I’m sure there must have been a good reason”

“How good of a reason could it have been for not telling me I was with you?!”

“Sydney, focus!” Sark shook her by the shoulders. “Why he did or did not tell you is non important right now! We have to find our son!”

“You’re right. I’m sorry… I Just-“

“I know. You don’t like not knowing” He said calmly now. She only nodded. “Come on, let’s go back and get this over with.” He got up, helped her out of the cubicle and holding her hand led her to the debriefing room.

FLASHBACK

“Tell me again why we are here.” He asked through the comm. Links while he crawled through half a mile of sewers in the dead of night somewhere on the globe.

“Simon, you try my patience.” The other answered while waiting out side for the ‘go’ signal.

“No, I’m serious, Jules. You were in jail for 6 months when out of the blue Jack Bristow comes, breaks you out, and suddenly you are doing him favors? I’m sorry but I just don’t buy it.”
Sark didn’t say anything at first. Is not that he didn’t want to tell Simon, he just learned long ago that the fewer people who knew what he was doing, the better.

“Irina was with Jack that night… This is their daughter we are here for.

“See, now that makes perfect sense.” Simon laughed. “And why do I have to do the hard work?”

“Because you know I like the dirty work.” Sark smirked.

“Well, I’m feeling very dirty right now…” Simon said looking around him at the floating human excretes and underground creatures crawling around him. “At least I’m paying you back for New Zeland.” He added casually.

“There is no way this pays for New Zeland!”

“Jules, come on! I’m covered in literal felgercarb and God knows what else!”

“And I had to wear a Speedo, talk in that horrible slang and surf!”
At that image Simon went into a fit of laughter. “And what a great mission that was! Hahaha! Alright, fair enough. But if not New Zeland, Cambodia then.”

“Cambodia? I never held Cambodia against you. A little bit of electroshock never killed anybody.”

“Fine. I’ll think of something else, but this is going to cost you!” Simon answered.

“That´s fine Simon. Just work while you think.”

“Yeah, yeah. Stop complaining. I'm in already.” Simon reached the end of the tunnel and used a screw driver to open his way out. Once standing in clean and dry concrete he rid himself of the hazmat suit protecting his body and clothes from the nastiness of the tunnel and found the electric control box. He intercepted the feed from the security cameras throughout the building and hacked into the security system.

“Ok, I'm in. tell me what you need.”

“Letting me in would be a good way to start, don’t you think?”
Simon decided not to say anything back and get his ass kicked later.
Once in, Sark clicked off the safety of his gun and slowly walked down the stairs to the next level. “I want my way to her holding cell free. She’s on the 3rd basement on the southeast corridor. Leave everything else locked”
Sark and Simon worked fast. They knew they had little time before the building became alive with angry agents with a death wish. That was Sark’s favorite part of the job: the killing, the fighting, the adrenalin.
He easily reached the desired corridor, not giving a second glace to any of his victims. He disabled the electronic locks on her door and quickly let himself in. He had never been in her cell before, he had never directly looked at her, not wanting to draw suspicion to himself or risking her see him and freak out. It wasn’t the coldness, the darkness or the concreteness of her cell that unsettled him, but the smell.
Only one other time had he ever felt such foul smell, and he didn’t want to be reminded of it. A mixture of vomit, human excretes, blood, rotten food and fear. The floor had a slimy feeling to the shoe. The old, humid, cold air heavy on his shoulders, heavy on his mind. Sark held down his dinner and turned on his lash light.
There she lay, pressed against a corner, hidden by the gross mucus that covered the walls, floor and her. Facing away from the light she once so harshly seeked. She now feared it. She feared light, feared noises; she feared fresh air, for they always came before pain. As Sark got closer he could hear her breathing. It came in short, harsh and loud breaths. He noticed her breathing didn’t come out as foggy smokes in contrast to the cold cell, unlike his. She was wearing scarps of the original clothing she wore all those months ago when Vaughn dropped her off at her apartment.
The loud sounds of running foot steps broke Sark out of his daze. He placed himself between Sydney and the door and prepared to shoot whoever came in. He heard Simon call out his name and lowered his gun.

“In here.” Sark called back turning to Sydney once again.

“What bloody happened? I’ve been calling you over comms for the past 10 minutes!” Simon came in the room paying no notice to his surroundings.
Sark put his hand to his ear and felt that his comm. link was missing. “It must have fallen when I was fighting.”
They didn’t notice but Sydney had heard the exchange and was desperately trying to craw away from them. Her whimper of pain called their attention.

“Sydney, Sydney. Don't move! It’s alright.” Sark kneeled down next to her trying to calm her. She tried pushing him away but she had hardly any strength left, plus, it hurt. Lifting her arms hurt, pressing her hands against him hurt, moving hurt, breathing hurt. Sark grabbed her wrists and saw that her fingers were bent all wrong, clearly broken.

“felgercarb” He swore to himself. “Sydney, Sydney. Stop! Listen to me” he held her still with almost no effort. “I’m not going to hurt you. I'm here to help!” but she wouldn’t stop trashing against him, trying to get away. “Your mother sent me!”
That finally made her stop and fully look at him. He nodded, assuring her once more. “Let me help you.”
She nodded back and let him gently pick her up and carry her out of the room.

“How's our way out?” Sark asked Simon who had been watching.

“We got lucky. No alarms have been sounded yet.”

“Yet” Sark repeated and held Sydney in such a way that he had somewhat of a flexibility to hold his gun.
They made their way out of the building as fast as they could without hurting Sydney even more. Getting her in the car was rather difficult, so Sark decided to get in the back seat with her and let Simon drive.

“Jules” Simon called Sark's attention once they were out of harms way. “We can't wait ´till morning. Look at her! We have to take her now.”
Sark remained silent and Simon knew to take that was a ‘yes’. As Sark held Sydney, seeing her in that condition, flashes of his own past came to him. And how he held someone he loved in that same way many years back. The air coming out of that person much like Sydney’s breathing now. And the feeling of helplessness he had all those years ago came back to him. And in that moment, he decided he wouldn't let history repeat itself. He wouldn't let her die. He wouldn't be helpless. And he would kill the ones that did this to her.
He saw she was looking up at him. Her breath still coming out in short spasm. She was torn between confusion and fear. He used the sleeve of his shirt to wipe some of the slime that covered her face.
Simon was driving furiously and soon parked the car in a dark alley right before the door to the back entrance of a not so tall building. He broke in the door and let Sark carry Sydney in while he ran upstairs. Sark held Sydney in his arms until Simon came back down followed by an aging man wearing a robe over his pajamas. The man took one look at Sark and the woman in his arms, rolled his eyes and led them down a corridor into a room that resembled an OR.
“I'm not even going to ask” The man started.
“That´s why I pay you so handsomely.” Sark added coolly as he lay Sydney down on the operating table.
“Right, right. No need to get grumpy.” A lady carrying scrubs, towels, masks and gloves chose that moment to walk in.
“Com on, now.” She said pushing Sark and Simon out of the room. “Let us do our job. There’s coffee in the kitchen” and with that she closed the door blocking their view of Sydney.

Yesssssssssss!!!!!!! You finally updated :D Please don't make us wait this long. I love this story!! Dawson's Creek and Gilmore Girls?? Come on.. they don't have our delicious Sark!! I loved the way Sark rescued her.

Back