Sci-Fi Logan's Run (1976)

Title: Logan's Run

Tagline: The only thing you can’t have in Logan’s world is your 30th birthday. Unless you run away.

Genre: Action, Science Fiction

Director: Michael Anderson

Cast: Michael York, Jenny Agutter, Richard Jordan, Roscoe Lee Browne, Farrah Fawcett, Michael Anderson Jr., Peter Ustinov, Randolph Roberts, Lara Lindsay, Gary Morgan, Michelle Stacy, Laura Hippe, David Westberg, Camilla Carr, Greg Lewis, Ashley Cox, Bill Couch, Glenn R. Wilder, Joe L. Blevins, Roger Borden, Greg Bransom, Paula Crist, Virginia Ann Ford, Chuck Gaylord, Mitch Gaylord, Johnny Haymer, Jessie Kirby, Greg Michaels, Bob Neill, Renie Radich, Candice Rialson, Cheryl Smith, Ron D. Thornton

Release: 1976-06-23

Runtime: 119

Plot: In the 23rd century, inhabitants of a domed city freely experience all of life's pleasures- but no one is allowed to live past 30. Citizens can try for a chance at being 'renewed' in a civic ceremony on their 30th birthday. Escape is the only other option.
Logan's Run (1976)

Who liked this movie ? - the one with Michael York and Jenny Agutter. For its time I think they did a great job of it. Anyone heard of a possibility of a remake ?

Who liked this movie ? - the one with Michael York and Jenny Agutter. For its time I think they did a great job of it. Anyone heard of a possibility of a remake ?
It's a personal favorite of mine and is something that I'll rewatch at least once a year. 👍

Reboots have been floating around Hollywood off & on for years, including a new TV series (there was TV series back in 1977). In recent years Ryan Gosling was attached to a reboot for a starring role and then a few years later a different proposal had Bryan Singer attached as director. Then last year one of the writers from The Hunger Games movie franchise was involved with a reboot. I'm not aware of any existing plans at the moment.

If they did do either a remake or a reboot it'd be interesting to see if they keep the 1970's era visuals or try to do an overplayed analogy movie of today's politics.

It's a personal favorite of mine and is something that I'll rewatch at least once a year. 👍

Reboots have been floating around Hollywood off & on for years, including a new TV series (there was TV series back in 1977). In recent years Ryan Gosling was attached to a reboot for a starring role and then a few years later a different proposal had Bryan Singer attached as director. Then last year one of the writers from The Hunger Games movie franchise was involved with a reboot. I'm not aware of any existing plans at the moment.

If they did do either a remake or a reboot it'd be interesting to see if they keep the 1970's era visuals or try to do an overplayed analogy movie of today's politics.
Hey thanks man. With all the new tech they have in movie making, this would be an awsome movie if it was done right.