Logins

Seeria

Cadet
Hello

I'm having problem staying logged in despite having it checked to keep me logged in.
That usually means either the config for this forum is set to a short timer (prob not) or the forum uses a default cookie name setting which is conflicting with another forum I visit. My advice... check the cookie name, set it to something unique, more reflective of the forum being visited.

I have problems staying logged in while using Firefox, but not with Explorer. Every time I close Firefox and restart it I am logged out.

Originally posted by deathmetal@May 8 2006, 09:33 PM
I have problems staying logged in while using Firefox, but not with Explorer. Every time I close Firefox and restart it I am logged out.
I have the same issue. Save us, Frosty!

Frozz

I use Maxthon. It's an IE based browser that is the best in my opinon. However, it sounds like a cookie problem. I'll ask my tech support guy who knows invision board inside, and out what he thinks the problem is though. Thanks again for letting me know on this. I'll try to get back to you guys as soon as possible with a solution!

I haven't touched IV in a long time but I do recall that under the admin panel there is a place to adjust cookies, the pathing, and the name.

I've found it to be a cookie-related problem. When I log into the site using "www" it never keeps me logged in correctly. I have to visit the site using "HEROSHALL.COM" without the 'www.' in front of it, and it will allow me to stay logged into the forums indefinitely if I am visiting "HEROSHALL.COM" which is now in my bookmarks ;)

Sounds like a configuration issue which Frosty can look at.

~ Jaraeth

SlimBrowser uses the IE4/IE5+ engine... It's IE, minus the look of IE, just like Maxthon. IE is still Internet Explorer is still IE ;) Thus, it doesn't rid the user of the possibility of exploits aimed at ASPx and ActiveX exploits. That and, Firefox is HTML/XHTML compliant, IE is not, and therefor, websites may look different between the two browsers.

As a web developer, I have all the web browsers I need to verify a website looks the way I want. That means on the PC, I have: Firefox, Mozilla, Opera & IE. On a friends Mac, I have accessible: Safari, Firefox, & IE. Get a website to look the same on all those browsers, and you are a true webmaster :smiley:

This you will learn in time, young Padawan Daax. <grin>

Either way... the issues I believe being noted here, is due to cookies. Go to www.heroshall.com/forums, and click "Login"... it will redirect you to HEROSHALL.COM, without the "www." in the URL.

~ Jaraeth

Back