London Bridge is Falling Down

Alias Elle said:
She sounded like Audrey Hepburn.

So, wait, that was it? Or is there more and you're just not telling us?

~Me :angel2:
If you mean more to the dream? No. More to the story? Yes. Sorry, I thought I wrote that.

Hello! I'm back, and yeah I know that I just posted the last thing like Monday, but I had an EXTREMELY boring few school days, and I just wrote this during class. Just to make sure you understand, the last thing I wrote WAS NOT A DREAM!! Just because I have Vaughn waking SYd up at the begining of this does not make it a dream, I just had to get her to CIA Operation's Center, and I didn't want to waste time with a convo or something that was just pointles. After the last section, SYd and Vaughn didn't fall back asleep, they were too worried- about each other. So here goes! Enjoy!!!

"Sydney. Sydney." A hand woke her from her sleep. "Syd, you fell asleep at you desk." Vaughn was peering down at her, those three ADORABLE wrinkles he got when he was worried showing through.
"I did?'' She looked around, and saw that it was true. "Oh, I guess staying up all night because I was too afraid to close my eyes is catching up on me." She gave a slight smile, trying to make Vaughn stop worrying. It didn't work. He pulled her into a hug, trying to sooth her. That didn't work either.

SYdney was jumpy. Any loud noises would cause her to jump and frantically search for Vaughn, fearing it was a gunshot. She was more scared than she had ever been before, and for an-ex double agent and current spy, that was pretty scared. More like terrified. And the ironic thing was, she wasn't even scared for herself. She was scared for the man that she loved more than anything. Ever.

"Come on," said Vaughn helping her up, "we have a meeting with Kendall."
Sydney didn't need help after that. "Anna?!"
"I don't think so. I think it's a mission."

"Good," thought Sydney, "I could use a distraction.

"Agents Sydney Bristow and Marcus Dixon will be on this mission, Agent Vaughn, you'll be observing from here. Your mission is simple: aquire this artifact from the London Museum." Kendall pulled up a picture of a silver hourglass. "We're not sure what it does, but we do know that it is Rambladi, and is wanted by many anti-American groups, including Sloane. It should be pretty easy. Just get in and get out. Marshall has your gear."

The meeting ended and Dixon went off the inform Diane of where he was going, and he was expecting a revolt, and told Sydney so. Kendall went off to do whatever it is that directors at the CIA do. Sydney and Vaughn went to pick up her gear from Marshall.

"There's no way I'm going to be able to sleep without you next to me," said Sydney solemnly. "I'm so used to you being there...not to mention that if I have that nightmare again, I'm going to need reassurance that you're okay."
Vaughn smiled slightly. "Now you know what I go through when you're on a mission."
"Yeah, I do. You better keep your cell on at all times."
Vaughn kissed her lightly. "I always do."

Vaughn had brought her to the plane, leaving his usual warning of "Be careful." This time however, instead of responding with her usual "I will," she looked him hard in the face and said "You too."

So here she was, on a plane to London, feeling like it was three in the morning, but still unable to sleep. She'd watched I Know What You Did Last Summer four times, Buffy the Vampire Slayer (the movie not the show) 3 times and was now listening to her music. She'd tried to sleep, but every time she would come close to sleeping she would see Vaughn, lying on the ground, blood pouring out of him.

After their landing, Sydney and Dixon drove over the to London Museum.
"So, what did Diane say when you told her about the mission?" asked Sydney.
"She cried, yelled. I tried to calm her down... and she told me to quit. I told her I couldn't and she hung up."
"I'm sorry." She truly was.
"It's fine. It was my fault. I should have told her sooner-"
"NO! If you had told Diane then she and your children would have been killed. It happened to Danny, it could happen to you. You tell her that."
"I will. We're here."

Sydney and Dixon got their gear out of the trunk of their rental car, including the usual comm device and mask for this type of mission. Sydney smiled as she heard Vaughn's hello.
"Vaughn," she began, getting down to business, "What entrance do we take?"
"Take the doors on the south side."
They did so.
"We're in."
"We've hacked into the security cameras. There's a gaurd right outside the exhibit where the hourglass is, in the south-west wing. Kock him out." Dixon took care of it, while Sydney disabled the security cameras, giving a small wave (aimed at Vaughn). Gaurds would be coming soon. Dixon was working on getting cutting the glass with a glass cutter. They got the hourglass and ran out of the building just as the gaurds appeared.
"Vaughn, we're out."
"Good job." She could here the relief in his voice. "You're supposed to stay there tonight. Your plane is at 7:30 tomorrow London time. I'll see you then, and try to rest," he said pointedly. Dixon turned off his comm. Sydney whispered "I love you" to Vaughn and she knew that he heard her, but being surrounded by a bunch of agents, he couldn't respond.

Sydney woke up to a knock at her door. She didn't even remember falling asleep. She reached across the bed in her hotel room for Vaughn, pretty much out of habit. Then she remembered that he wasn't there. That killed any desire she had to get up. But, the knocking presisted and she dragged herself out of bed to answer the door. What she saw when she opened it almost made her have a heart attack.

Two glistening green eyes stared back at her.

"Vaughn?"
He silently swooped her up in his arms.
"Vaughn! Put me down!" Sydney was cracking up. He put her down lightly on the balcony.
"I want to kiss you out in open." He whispered against her lips.
"What are you-" he cut her off before she could finish. He walked her backwards toward the bed. She stopped him before he could continue.
"Wait. What are you doing here?"
"Kendall gave us the week off."
"You're kidding."
"Nope," he smiled. "He said that we deserved a vacation eventually, and even he noticed how frazzeled you've been. He told me to come with you. Not that he needed to I would have been here anyway."
"I love that man."
"Sorry," said Vaughn as he went back to kissing her. "You're taken."

*** A few hours later
"You know what Syd?" Vaughn said suddenly. "I'm going to take you out to lunch."
"Really? Good, I'm starved."
"I saw this really cute cafe on main street."
"What do I wear?" Sydney searched through her mind to think about what clothes she had brought.
"I like you in anything."
"I know you do sweetie, you love me, but what do I wear for the people who don't?"
"It looked pretty casual to me."
"Give me a half an hour."

Sydney and Vaughn arrived at an outdoor cafe 45 minutes later. Vaughn, respectable Frenchman that he was, pulled the chair out for Sydney as she sat down.
"I love you," Sydney said as she stared into his eyes that still made her weak in the knees.
"I love you more."
Sydney chuckled softly. "Not physically possible."
The waiter arrived with their menus. As they looked it over Sydney suddenly froze.

"Vaughn. I've been here before."
"Really? Good, you can tell me what's good on this menu."
"NO! I was here! In my nightmare this is the cafe!"
"Woah, Syd, calm down. You probably just picked this place out of memory."
"Vaughn, I've never been to this part of London before! How could I imagine this in such detail! Come on! We've got to go NOW!"

As they quickly got out of their seats a single shot rang out.

HAHAHAHA that's it for now. I'll be back soon with more. I hope you like it! Review and respond please!!!

What?! Don't let Vaughn die!!!! But I am trying to stay happy with the fact Vaughn came to see her there. How sweet. :D

omg this so great!!! i love it but u really and seriously have to write more. the whole dream and cafe thing i love it!!

please u really need to put more up asap. and when u do please email me(anyone)dahmia1@aol.com because i'll never find out

aliaschick4mv said:
"He said that we deserved a vacation eventually, and even he noticed how frazzeled you've been.  He told me to come with you.  Not that he needed to I would have been here anyway."
"I love that man."
"Sorry," said Vaughn as he went back to kissing her. "You're taken."
Oh my goodness, that was the cutest phrase ever!!!!!!!!!!! This is such a good fic!!!! I CANNOT wait for more!!!!

Back